LarryDavid

A.J. Brown 2020 Outlook

Yep this exact thing happened last week - not in the least concerned.

• Like 1

Practice load management is what I’m hoping. Let this big stallion rest and unleash him this weekend.

• Like 1

Going back between knee bruise and COVID, he has practiced like 3 times in the last 5 weeks...he clearly doesn't need to in order to ball out.

20 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Going back between knee bruise and COVID, he has practiced like 3 times in the last 5 weeks...he clearly doesn't need to in order to ball out.

A real Titan among regular humans 

Practice Wednesday, sit out Thursday, practice Friday, 6/153/1 Sunday. It is known. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Practice Wednesday, sit out Thursday, practice Friday, 6/153/1 Sunday. It is known. 

This is the way 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

RE: A nerd site like CB definitely needs a separate Star Wars category.  (BigTex) - CougarBoard.com

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Not against your steelers at least! However, William Jackson is pretty good CB.

Hey- juju had a good game- can you change your avatar back? lol 

• Haha 1

"For the Titans, the big story today is star receiver A.J. Brown was held out due to a knee injury. He was not listed on Wednesday’s injury report, so it appears this injury happened sometime this week."

The above is from an article on SBnation.  How is it that we all have a pretty good idea what's going on, but this guy who no doubt gets paid to do this is so clueless?  Maybe this is a blog site?

3 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

"For the Titans, the big story today is star receiver A.J. Brown was held out due to a knee injury. He was not listed on Wednesday’s injury report, so it appears this injury happened sometime this week."

The above is from an article on SBnation.  How is it that we all have a pretty good idea what's going on, but this guy who no doubt gets paid to do this is so clueless?  Maybe this is a blog site?

Smells of clickbait. AJ is simply following a normal schedule that they have laid out. Zero hesitation when plugging him in.

Have noticed some of the huge industry types have gotten really really high on him in a hurry here, even higher then the highest coming into the year. It's completely justified as he's going to be an absolute superstar but there's a really big value shift happening here. Just passing it along. 

7 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Have noticed some of the huge industry types have gotten really really high on him in a hurry here, even higher then the highest coming into the year. It's completely justified as he's going to be an absolute superstar but there's a really big value shift happening here. Just passing it along. 

People are finally getting on board that his "low" target share is actually sustainable, and that what Tannehill does is sustainable. It's an outlier offense that crushes you with play action.

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

People are finally getting on board that his "low" target share is actually sustainable, and that what Tannehill does is sustainable. It's an outlier offense that crushes you with play action.

Yeah very true. His target share is coming way up as well. The way the consensus seems to be headed on him, if he finishes the year strong here I think he might cost a top 20 pick in redraft next year.

The people who were able to get him at face value or maybe even at a small discount in dynasty/keeper situations a few weeks ago couldn't have profited more.

Edited by Benjamin1984

12 hours ago, fbi314159 said:

It's SBNation. There's a very good chance that guy WASN'T paid for that article, or he was paid like...15 cents or something. SBNation is basically a network of fan sites, almost all of which are run by "contractors" who get paid something between "a living wage" and "nothing at all". For the most part there's no real editorial control, access, or investigative reporting. They churn out as much content as they can for all of their team sites with not much care of quality (quantity is king) and sell a buttload of ads. It's the same business model the new owners of SI want to push their site towards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Practicing today, as expected. Boom goes the dynamite.

This whole thing raises the question: If a team decides to give a player a rest and break from practice, is it an NFL requirement to list some sort of injury on the report?  Couldn't they just put "rest" or something on there?  I suspect we'll see people here every week worried that this "knee" is a new injury.

1 minute ago, fbi314159 said:

This whole thing raises the question: If a team decides to give a player a rest and break from practice, is it an NFL requirement to list some sort of injury on the report?  Couldn't they just put "rest" or something on there?  I suspect we'll see people here every week worried that this "knee" is a new injury.

Yeah no idea. My guess is that if a player doesn't practice they are automatically tagged as questionable.

[...]. Where do you guys rank him with all the WR’s drafted in this years draft and last years. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 minutes ago, CroNY said:

[...]. Where do you guys rank him with all the WR’s drafted in this years draft and last years. 

Metcalf and him are neck and neck right now. 

I think after him it's Lamb, Jefferson, and then a slew of other 2020 ones. There's a ton of talent. 

• Like 2

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Metcalf and him are neck and neck right now. 

I think after him it's Lamb, Jefferson, and then a slew of other 2020 ones. There's a ton of talent. 

I'd put McLaurin up there, maybe right behind Metcalf and AJB. I think he's ahead of the rooks from this season, for now, because of track record.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CroNY said:

right now the only one I’d trade one for one in dynasty or keeper is metcalf.  So I guess I have to rank him #2.

Just now, yossarian said:

I'd put McLaurin up there, maybe right behind Metcalf and AJB. I think he's ahead of the rooks from this season, for now, because of track record.

Agreed. I think Brown, Metcalf and McLaurin are the new hotness and will be dominant for years to come.

• Like 3