Rotoworld.com Forums

Well if you have other great WR you don’t start him every week.  You only technically need 2 for most lineups. I’d say most have 3/4 that can put up 20 on a weekly basis.  

Esp after that dud v Indy and another brutal matchup v BALT defense tomorrow + TN OL issues + TN not playing that great currently + as always his limited targets and DHenry presence.  Not feeling super confident this week.  

Any thoughts other then “you start him every week”?  Lemme hear some AJ sizzle! 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Brown has a message for you fantasy owners:  

He should definitely see a urologist in that case.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Well if you have other great WR you don’t start him every week.  You only technically need 2 for most lineups. I’d say most have 3/4 that can put up 20 on a weekly basis.  

Esp after that dud v Indy and another brutal matchup v BALT defense tomorrow + TN OL issues + TN not playing that great currently + as always his limited targets and DHenry presence.  Not feeling super confident this week.  

Im going to wait until closer to game time to make a decision, but I don’t know how comfortable I feel about starting him this week. He’s been a plug and play for me all season, but might be getting the fade for Jefferson this week. My only call I guess is a gut decision 

6 hours ago, Cleanface said:

OK, if you have 2 Top 10 WRs on your team and you only need to start 2 WRs then sure bench AJB. 

BAL is a tough matchup. AJB will probably see 5-7 targets as per usual and, also as per usual, any one catch can turn into a monster TD because of his YAC prowess. 

Personally I’m starting both Henry and AJB this week. I expect a bigger week from Henry but I think AJB gets back into the end zone today. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MingusDew said:

OK, if you have 2 Top 10 WRs on your team and you only need to start 2 WRs then sure bench AJB. 

BAL is a tough matchup. AJB will probably see 5-7 targets as per usual and, also as per usual, any one catch can turn into a monster TD because of his YAC prowess. 

Personally I’m starting both Henry and AJB this week. I expect a bigger week from Henry but I think AJB gets back into the end zone today. 

See above. 

5 hours ago, MingusDew said:

See above. 

The Internet forum self pat on the back. Classic.  OK.  He’s become totally TD dependent pretty much.  1 catch and 3 pts before the 4th Q began?  Scoreless first half?  I don’t need that stress in my life lmao

I drafted him and had him all year and have been happy, so I’m not a AJBrown hater, but damn the fact is I don’t feel confident with his 6 targets and TD dependency.  I’ll be benching him for DionJohnson’s 15 targets from here on (including today).  That’s just where I’m at, ymmv.  Glad he’s on my team tho!  (If/When I start him I just won’t watch) 

Edited by Cleanface
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

The Internet forum self pat on the back. Classic.  OK.  He’s become totally TD dependent pretty much.  1 catch and 3 pts before the 4th Q began?  Scoreless first half?  I don’t need that stress in my life lmao

I drafted him and had him all year and have been happy, so I’m not a AJBrown hater, but damn the fact is I don’t feel confident with his 6 targets and TD dependency.  I’ll be benching him for DionJohnson’s 15 targets from here on (including today).  That’s just where I’m at, ymmv.  Glad he’s on my team tho!  (If/When I start him I just won’t watch) 

that's been his MO his entire short career. He gets few touches and he's incredibly efficient with them. It's hard to watch the game because you're going to spend 90% of it going "what the hell is this crap?! how does he have only 1 target right now?" and then he carries half the defense across the line for a TD and finished with a respectable yardage amount and a TD.

I don't understand why the Titans don't target him more but...this is the way it is for now. 

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, yossarian said:

that's been his MO his entire short career. He gets few touches and he's incredibly efficient with them. It's hard to watch the game because you're going to spend 90% of it going "what the hell is this crap?! how does he have only 1 target right now?" and then he carries half the defense across the line for a TD and finished with a respectable yardage amount and a TD.

I don't understand why the Titans don't target him more but...this is the way it is for now. 

Agreed and understood on all points. I think we all wonder why they don’t throw to him 10-12 times a game.  I figured they would today after the Indy game.  Glad he did get that crushing TD in the 4th.  Dude a beast fasho 💪

Edited by Cleanface
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, yossarian said:

Brown dropped 3 passes before his TD. 7 targets today wasn't bad. Although I do agree with you in general.

If the DB doesn't hug him like his grandma after not seeing her for 10 years, I'm sure AJ catches that ball and is gone for a 75 yard TD. Then we would be celebrating here. Tannehill seemed to be off again on some throws, which really sucked for AJ. The ravens weren't a good matchup, so I'm happy with what we got.

And man...the hustle on that TD...that made a lot of blood rush to my pants lol.

Edited by thebadferret
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Cleanface said:

As others have said, this is what AJB does. I'm not patting myself on the back so much as confirming that he's a predictable player.

I would absolutely start DJ over AJB right now, especially given the matchups next week. AJB has always been a more volatile WR1/2 because he relies on elite efficiency rather than volume. It's what we signed up for. There's no player on this Titans team that really offers a safe fantasy floor outside of a guy like Davis (but he doesn't have much of a ceiling). The schedule is about to open up and I think AJB will be a stud down the stretch, as he's been since the back half of last year. I've got no one better to play and I'll be enjoying the ride.

12 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

As others have said, this is what AJB does. I'm not patting myself on the back so much as confirming that he's a predictable player.

I would absolutely start DJ over AJB right now, especially given the matchups next week. AJB has always been a more volatile WR1/2 because he relies on elite efficiency rather than volume. It's what we signed up for. There's no player on this Titans team that really offers a safe fantasy floor outside of a guy like Davis (but he doesn't have much of a ceiling). The schedule is about to open up and I think AJB will be a stud down the stretch, as he's been since the back half of last year. I've got no one better to play and I'll be enjoying the ride.

Yea, it's unfortunate, but you are right.  This is 100% what we signed up for with the Titans offense and Tanny at the helm.  It's just how it works for this team which means there's very little potential for high target games. 

It's too bad because if this team had a good QB they have so much talent to open things up.  AJ Brown as WR1, Jonnu Smith at TE, Corey Davis as WR2.   Then you have Henry banging on the ground.  Teams would never be able to cover both and the overall offense could put up historic type numbers.  But listen, they are playing to the strengths they have.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MingusDew said:

Diontae has been far more inconcinstent this year than AJB, for what it's worth...not to mention -  AJB has gone up against top-5 passing defenses for as many weeks in a row as I can remember at this point - Cin, Chi, Ind, Bal, now Ind AGAIN... so that also has put a damper on his cieling.  I wouldn't blame anyone for starting Diontae over him since only a couple recievers in the league get his target volume but I'm as confident as ever in Brown after how well he's played against the hardest WR stretch any player could possibly imagine seeing this year.  He's going to absolutely devour Jax and Detroit in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Diontae has been far more inconcinstent this year than AJB, for what it's worth...not to mention -  AJB has gone up against top-5 passing defenses for as many weeks in a row as I can remember at this point - Cin, Chi, Ind, Bal, now Ind AGAIN... so that also has put a damper on his cieling.  I wouldn't blame anyone for starting Diontae over him since only a couple recievers in the league get his target volume but I'm as confident as ever in Brown after how well he's played against the hardest WR stretch any player could possibly imagine seeing this year.  He's going to absolutely devour Jax and Detroit in the playoffs.

I just mean right now I'd probably prefer Diontae all things considered. Don't think that's the case season long, but hard to ignore what's happening in Pitt and AJB gets the Colts next week.

14 hours ago, OriolesMagic said:

Brown dropped 3 passes before his TD. 7 targets today wasn't bad. Although I do agree with you in general.

this.  i saw 2 of the drops and both were balls he should have caught.  i imagine this in conjunction with davis playing better combine for the decision not to force feed him passes.  its a shame because he truly can take any pass to the house, but this is something brown will need to work on if he really wants to be a top tier (top 3-5) receiver.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, herschel said:

this.  i saw 2 of the drops and both were balls he should have caught.  i imagine this in conjunction with davis playing better combine for the decision not to force feed him passes.  its a shame because he truly can take any pass to the house, but this is something brown will need to work on if he really wants to be a top tier (top 3-5) receiver.

Might be an Ole' Miss (or just AJB/DK) thing - DK dropped some big passes last week vs. ARI too.

34 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Might be an Ole' Miss (or just AJB/DK) thing - DK dropped some big passes last week vs. ARI too.

Saw more bad drops yesterday than I can remember in one day. Brown had multiple, MT had an inexcusable one, Marquise Brown had one that was even worse. Bunch of easy INTs dropped. They were commenting on it routinely on Redzone. 

• Like 1