LarryDavid

A.J. Brown 2020 Outlook

16 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I just traded for him, expect 8-152-1 against the jags this week. 

Never sell low. He'll definitely come back strong. 

11 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Yeah I put that all on Brown, he should have had that touchdown and his reaction shows it.

It was overthrown

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Never sell low. He'll definitely come back strong. 

Yeah I bought low lol. Owner had Evans Moore and brown so was super frustrated. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, street sharks said:

It was overthrown

That was my first reaction as well- just missed by a few inches and not really much you can do when running out of room

I'm terrified. Humpries gets the close stuff.  Davis looked to be the favorite.  Smith was getting work too.  Brown looked to be an afterthought.  I'm not sure if they plan to spread the ball around there is a lot of hope.  Have to feed Henry and they want to ball control again I guess rather than try to score like they did the 2nd half of last year.

18 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I'm terrified. Humpries gets the close stuff.  Davis looked to be the favorite.  Smith was getting work too.  Brown looked to be an afterthought.  I'm not sure if they plan to spread the ball around there is a lot of hope.  Have to feed Henry and they want to ball control again I guess rather than try to score like they did the 2nd half of last year.

They mainly had bouye on brown the first half, and the middle of the field was wide open for everyone else. No sense of forcing it into the toughest matchup when everyone else was running around wide open. 

18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

They mainly had bouye on brown the first half, and the middle of the field was wide open for everyone else. No sense of forcing it into the toughest matchup when everyone else was running around wide open. 

Tannehill was willing to force it to Davis.  I went to bed at the end of the 3rd, but I did not see any downfield targets for Brown.  He had the early target he didn't catch which was a short route to the sideline.  The rest were also short little passes at the LOS.  The stuff I remember from last year, the stuff across the middle and then he makes a move and outruns everyone wasn't there.  They were giving it to other guys.  At the end of the night, it felt like he is an asset to the team, but not the focal of the passing game, and they feel he doesn't have to be.

5 hours ago, street sharks said:

It was overthrown

Yeah you're right it is overthrown, I still think it's catchable though, he just didn't adjust properly.

2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

C Davis looks for real this year.

He does this every year, he was 5-91-1 last year and a 6-80-1. The year before he had a 7-125-1. He’s gotta do it more then once to get my attention. I’ve been down this road. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

He does this every year, he was 5-91-1 last year and a 6-80-1. The year before he had a 7-125-1. He’s gotta do it more then once to get my attention. I’ve been down this road. 

think we all have for the past 3 yrs. If TEN is smart Aj Brown, Jonnu and Henry are what makes this offense electric. Davis had nice catches but get them ball into the better players hands and see what they can do

17 hours ago, Sivaro said:

C Davis looks for real this year.

I'm a bit terrified that I drafted AJ Brown highly only for him to fall victim to his coaching staff preferring him to run lower percentage routes with a QB that doesn't take a ton of chances.

One week isn't great - Brown commands a lot of attention that it does make life easier for the other guys. Truthfully Brown needs the other guys to step up anyways for him to have success. He also needs to be the first read on a lot of these plays and they are manufactured for him. I'm not sure Tannehill is that effective at going to his 2nd or 3rd reads. 

any reason for concern here or just a maintenance day?

(20 hrs ago) Brown (knee) was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice, Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official site reports.

Brown appears to have picked up a knee injury during Monday's win over the Broncos, during which he was held to 39 receiving yards while taking a backseat in the passing game to fellow wideout Corey Davis. With Davis not practicing to begin the week due to a hamstring injury, Brown could end up in position to draw increased targets Sunday against Jacksonville's inexperienced secondary, assuming he can move past his own knee issue.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:56 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm a bit terrified that I drafted AJ Brown highly only for him to fall victim to his coaching staff preferring him to run lower percentage routes with a QB that doesn't take a ton of chances.

One week isn't great - Brown commands a lot of attention that it does make life easier for the other guys. Truthfully Brown needs the other guys to step up anyways for him to have success. He also needs to be the first read on a lot of these plays and they are manufactured for him. I'm not sure Tannehill is that effective at going to his 2nd or 3rd reads. 

That would be really strange given Brown's success last season. Wasn't he a YAC monster who was great working off the shorter passes and turning them in to big gains? I would assume (hope?) the Titans coaches are smarter than taking him out of the role he was almost historically good at. 

It felt like Buoye went down and it took them until halftime to adjust to that. He got a bunch more targets after the half, either as a result of the different coverage or Davis getting more attention due to his first half. Davis DOES have a history of blowing up for a game or two then disappearing for the rest of the season. 

7 minutes ago, herschel said:

any reason for concern here or just a maintenance day?

(20 hrs ago) Brown (knee) was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice, Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official site reports.

Brown appears to have picked up a knee injury during Monday's win over the Broncos, during which he was held to 39 receiving yards while taking a backseat in the passing game to fellow wideout Corey Davis. With Davis not practicing to begin the week due to a hamstring injury, Brown could end up in position to draw increased targets Sunday against Jacksonville's inexperienced secondary, assuming he can move past his own knee issue.

I think it is just maintenance. AJ was dealing with the knee the week leading up to the game. Partly why I wasn't surprised he didn't ball on Monday, but I think he will be fine to go this week. 

People getting worked up after one week crack me up... dude got 8 targets. If he is going to stay anywhere near that 130ish pace for targets this season giddy up. 

Also, the Corey Davis breakout people? Spare me lol. I am glad he is looking decent because I was worried AJ might get doubled. I do hope CD stays decent, but there is #1 dawg here and it ain't him.  

• Like 2

Titans WR A.J. Brown (knee) was not seen at practice Thursday. 

The Athletic's John Glennon listed Brown among players he didn't spot at practice. A missed Thursday practice wouldn't bode well for Brown's Week 2 status. He has a plus matchup this week against A Jaguars defense that just gave up 363 yards to Philip Rivers and the Colts. Corey Davis, who's dealing with a hamstring injury, would likely absorb more target share if Brown misses this week's game. 

• Thanks 1

Is it me or are there more mystery injuries this year than normal?  Golladay, Godwin, etc....just out of the blue.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 6:53 PM, n4sa said:

Yeah you're right it is overthrown, I still think it's catchable though, he just didn't adjust properly.

Looks like he alligator armed it, pause at 4 sec his arms are not fully extended, it was a miss by him. 

8 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Looks like he alligator armed it, pause at 4 sec his arms are not fully extended, it was a miss by him. 

That's along the lines of what I saw.

Slight overthrow, but I think AJ just misjudged it and it carried on him further than he anticipated 

4 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

another injury blow to my squad smh. Hope he's able to play

I want to say it's still rest from Monday night in Denver on the latest game. Juju and Diontae returned to full practice today, but didn't have to play in the altitude nor a grind it out type of game.

Let's see how tomorrow goes. DNP tomorrow = find another option. Sigh- not a great start for AJ investors. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I want to say it's still rest from Monday night in Denver on the latest game. Juju and Diontae returned to full practice today, but didn't have to play in the altitude nor a grind it out type of game.

Let's see how tomorrow goes. DNP tomorrow = find another option. Sigh- not a great start for AJ investors. 

the main reason I'm concerned is he was limited yesterday then DNP today