BrianM

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

Just now, HeHateMe23 said:

Sell high after a 4 point week?

I said that in the context of how JuJu might play better this week. He would be a sell high at that point. 

43 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Claypool had 6 catches all year until this game but yes he is their new WR1.

Got to love people overreacting... Enjoy starting him next week and having him put up 2/25/0

Idk. No preseason. Tomlin saying they need to get this guy involved going into their bye week. Seems like they may have worked on getting him more involved while on their bye and it showed in first game coming off the bye.  I doubt anyone is going to start him in one of their WR spots for now. You would really have to be hard pressed this early in the season to move away from the WR’s you drafted. He’s certainly flex worthy with bye weeks and Covid issues right now. With his potential he’s an excellent guy to have on your bench as a backup who could eventually start for you and be a league winner. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Idk. No preseason. Tomlin saying they need to get this guy involved going into their bye week. Seems like they may have worked on getting him more involved while on their bye and it showed in first game coming off the bye.  I doubt anyone is going to start him in one of their WR spots for now. You would really have to be hard pressed this early in the season to move away from the WR’s you drafted. He’s certainly flex worthy with bye weeks and Covid issues right now. With his potential he’s an excellent guy to have on your bench as a backup who could eventually start for you and be a league winner. 

What showed is how terrible the Eagles are. Of course he is going to have a good game when he is being "shadowed" by one of the worst LBs in the entire league for half the game. 

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

What showed is how terrible the Eagles are. Of course he is going to have a good game when he is being "shadowed" by one of the worst LBs in the entire league for half the game. 

That’s certainly one way to look at it.  

I drafted schuster as a fringe wr1/high wr2, that said... they are making plays for claypool. The end around.  The screen. The deep shots. These were all schuster’s bread and butter when Antonio brown was in town the last year, When he was successful.   With emergence of Diontae Johnson and schuster, it’s be silly to think he has much relevance with such limited shallow targets even if he was playing well, which he is not

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

The LB #47 Nathan Gerry is who I believe ur speaking of, not sure how gd or bad he is. But that’s all false info ur throwing out there buddy, Gerry only covered Claypool on 1 play where he was targeted the whole game which went for a TD, Big Ben actually seen the mismatch and made an audible before the play. But as far as Gerry shadowing him for half the game or for any part of the game is all false, nah not even close. Slay, LeBlanc, and Mills who aren’t any rollovers by any stretch all had their share of Claypool throughout the game, and none was successful. Nice try. Claypool is a mismatch nightmare for opposing Def’s no matter who is covering him, I’d suggest not to overlook this kid. Hate to be the bearer of not so gd news but Juju is 3rd fiddle at best on this offense IMO going forward, sell and get something gd in return while u can. 

Edited by Tomei7

On 9/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, Ryansm11 said:

Why is he currently a top 12 WR? 

Why is he not even close?

Last 3 games yardage totals:

28 yards

43 yards

48 yards

Drafted as a WR1/2

This is your King?

Yikes.

Edited by PisEdiRin

9 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Why is he not even close?

Last 3 games yardage totals:

28 yards

43 yards

48 yards

Drafted as a WR1/2

This is your King?

Yikes.

Ah yes, let’s overreact to one bad game. Still has more points than DJ. 

On 10/13/2020 at 12:11 PM, TeeGee60 said:

I drafted schuster as a fringe wr1/high wr2, that said... they are making plays for claypool. The end around.  The screen. The deep shots. These were all schuster’s bread and butter when Antonio brown was in town the last year, When he was successful.   With emergence of Diontae Johnson and schuster, it’s be silly to think he has much relevance with such limited shallow targets even if he was playing well, which he is not

To be fair he actually is playing well. The problem is his role and not his performance -- JuJu's caught 21/24 targets with zero drops on the season. He will have some solid games this year thanks to TD's but the usage problem has no end in sight. The writing should have been on the wall last year, even when JuJu was healthy this offense was trending towards a spread the wealth approach.

I think some of the hate on JuJu recently has gone too far. He's still a fantasy starter but I'd rank him closer to WR25 than the WR11 I drafted him as. I would still prefer to trade him for a receiver with a more consistent and healthy target share.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

To be fair he actually is playing well. The problem is his role and not his performance -- JuJu's caught 21/24 targets with zero drops on the season. He will have some solid games this year thanks to TD's but the usage problem has no end in sight. The writing should have been on the wall last year, even when JuJu was healthy this offense was trending towards a spread the wealth approach.

I think some of the hate on JuJu recently has gone too far. He's still a fantasy starter but I'd rank him closer to WR25 than the WR11 I drafted him as. I would still prefer to trade him for a receiver with a more consistent and healthy target share.

Curious how you would rank him ROS in a standard league that rewards big plays? 

Here's how he compares to some similarly players, scoring-wise, through 1st 5 games:

7, 3, 21, 19, 9            ARob (19)  

11, 15,19, 3, 19          Woods (12)

5, 18, 0, bye, 0          Diontae (WR 21, if I drop the two goose eggs)

4, 19, 19, 18, 6           Kupp  (22)

21, 4, 15, bye, 2        JuJu  (WR25 by average) 

6, 1, 1, dnp, 28           Mike Williams (WR37)

23, dnp, dnp, 10, 20    Crowder (WR 5, lol)

edit: Just realized that in this league Juju's scoring average is 25, exactly the way you have him ranked right now. Makes him a WR 3/4 since it's an 8 teamer.

Edited by luckBbrady

On 10/14/2020 at 12:45 PM, Ryansm11 said:

Ah yes, let’s overreact to one bad game. Still has more points than DJ. 

"one bad game"

Ok.

• Like 2

He’s a bum. Claypool taking over the entire WR Corp in Pittsburgh lmao. DJ and juju to the back burner. 

• Haha 1

What happened to this guy? Hard to catch 1400 yards in a season and to flat out suck after that. Wonder if he doesn’t have what it takes to mentally overcome these challenges. The talent disappeared?

On 9/14/2020 at 11:10 PM, Tugginroot said:

Guess we just saw the upside of that WR4 today, that goes without saying.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:37 PM, sdlengua said:

6 catches, 69 yards, 2 touchdowns on 6 targets. I may roll the dice with this WR4 / borderline bust again next week. 

On 9/15/2020 at 1:40 AM, Blazer said:

Really? Dude, you have been here since your first day doing nothing but posting negative vibes against anything people are talking about. WTF?

On 9/15/2020 at 1:49 AM, Gohawks said:

Let me just summarize this.

- You hate Odell

- Odell does bad against an elite defense 

- You go around telling everyone I told you so after one game

- You hate JuJu

- JuJu kills it

- You are still right because it’s only one game against a bad defense.

You on some real clown ****.

On 9/15/2020 at 1:54 AM, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

I honestly cant tell if you actually think that or are just trolling 🤔

On 9/15/2020 at 4:10 AM, brooklynfinest42 said:

and not to mention JuJu beat james "elite" bradberry for one his TWO touchdowns...  go away troll 

What do you guys have to say now?

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2020 at 8:12 AM, kidsgotsoul said:

Guys, stop giving the troll attention. His posts neglect to include any actual analysis.

Juju owners should be very happy with what they saw last night. A good first game on his redemption tour this season. The other receivers flourishing is a GOOD thing for Juju. Ben has supported more than one WR in several previous seasons.

On 9/15/2020 at 8:17 PM, 9amest said:

FR he not gonna stop as long as he gettin a reaction to all the nonsense he spews

On 9/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, oliminator123 said:

Wow. It's almost like he has no idea what he's talking about. Imagine that. 

On 9/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, owenmills said:

Touchdowns are flukes and only yardage is a good barometer for how good a player is. Unless the TDs support my argument

On 9/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, oliminator123 said:

He doesn't care about those other players because it doesn't fit his narrative. Ignore the guy and you won't have to read his bad takes anymore. 

I get stuck reading them because people reply to them. The ignore function on this board really doesn't work well. 

On 9/22/2020 at 9:44 AM, kidsgotsoul said:

lol, sure let's take one variable of scoring and ignore all others. You aren't even a good troll. 

Tyreek Hill is ranked 22nd

Cooper Kupp is ranked 34th 

Mike Evans is ranked 52nd

Meanwhile guys like Edelman are ranked 3rd and Robby Anderson is ranked 4th in receiving yards. Guess we should be hitting the panic button on the guys above too with your logic, right? 

On 9/22/2020 at 9:46 AM, Flyman75 said:

I’m noticing he answered another post but has conveniently ignored this one. Maybe he’s working on a long rebuttal. Lol. 

Explain Juju guys

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What happened to this guy? Hard to catch 1400 yards in a season and to flat out suck after that. Wonder if he doesn’t have what it takes to mentally overcome these challenges. The talent disappeared?

Antonio Brown.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Explain Juju guys

Nyheim Hines league winner right? 😂🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

What do you guys have to say now?

tenor.gif