BrianM

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, ILuvABGs said:

Is he just not getting open? Is Ben looking him off? Or is everyone else around him just better?

All thee above

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Dude is all but gone next season and he is taking a backseat like a pro by praising the young bloods. 

RW article this morning says he is a buy low...just don’t see it.

It would have to be real low, which is a very distinct possibility right now. I'm not betting against a resurgence down the stretch but he's not startable right now. I think his ceiling is clearly limited though because they just seem completely unwilling to throw downfield to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It would have to be real low, which is a very distinct possibility right now. I'm not betting against a resurgence down the stretch but he's not startable right now. I think his ceiling is clearly limited though because they just seem completely unwilling to throw downfield to him. 

I think his knee injury is a lot worse than the team is letting on. He has no burst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think his knee injury is a lot worse than the team is letting on. He has no burst. 

He hasn’t shown one sign of limping or favoring it getting up after a play.  That is hard to believe, only way you get any value out of him this year is multiple other injuries or he gets traded to wr needy team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh won so easily v. Cleveland that they barely had to throw.

Next week v. Tennessee I expect more passes.  Hang in there with JuJu for one more week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think his knee injury is a lot worse than the team is letting on. He has no burst. 

Why wouldn't they just sit him and let him try to get right for the stretch run then? Nothing about what's going on makes any sense. Even if Juju isn't that good(plausible) he still should be getting more chances than he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Why wouldn't they just sit him and let him try to get right for the stretch run then? Nothing about what's going on makes any sense. Even if Juju isn't that good(plausible) he still should be getting more chances than he is.

Yeah he’s getting the cold shoulder from Ben currently. Totally weird situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Explain Juju guys


One, I’ll think about answering when you show back up in the Hines thread. 

Two, I’m not a JuJu guy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah he’s getting the cold shoulder from Ben currently. Totally weird situation. 

I feel like anyone that drafted Juju this year did not have him on their team last year, otherwise you wouldn’t have drafted him. Dude completely disappeared all season. I know mason was the QB but if your a real no.1 you should find a way to get the ball semi-frequently. 
 

I learned last year he was JAG and quite frankly was shocked when I saw what his adp was.

Edited by Jrt80
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

I feel like anyone that drafted Juju this year did not have him on their team last year, otherwise you wouldn’t have drafted him. Dude completely disappeared all season. I know mason was the QB but if your a real no.1 you should find a way to get the ball semi-frequently. 
 

I learned last year he was JAG and quite frankly was shocked when I saw what his adp was.

 

 

Juju's 2020 ADP is the Fantasy Football Crime of the Century.

It made 0 sense and there was 0 justification for it. None.

Why was I almost alone in thinking this when it was just so obvious? 

 

Edited by PisEdiRin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PisEdiRin said:

 

 

Juju's 2020 ADP is the Fantasy Football Crime of the Century.

It made 0 sense and there was 0 justification for it. None.

Why was I alone in thinking this when it was so obvious? 

 

becaaaaause he's such a great guy, ya know?

and he has commercials and such

ya knoww?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

becaaaaause he's such a great guy, ya know?

and he has commercials and such

ya knoww?

Don’t forget team player, he will even play from the couch next year to support his team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Don’t forget team player, he will even play from the couch next year to support his team

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

I feel like anyone that drafted Juju this year did not have him on their team last year, otherwise you wouldn’t have drafted him. Dude completely disappeared all season. I know mason was the QB but if your a real no.1 you should find a way to get the ball semi-frequently. 
 

I learned last year he was JAG and quite frankly was shocked when I saw what his adp was.

 

Mason Rudolph was an all time bad QB. In week 1 in 2019 with Ben as QB he went 6 for 78 on 8 targets against the Pats who had the best defense last season.

Being the assumed #1 WR on a Big Ben led Steelers definitely justified his ADP. Something just isn't right this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deke said:

 

Mason Rudolph was an all time bad QB. In week 1 in 2019 with Ben as QB he went 6 for 78 on 8 targets against the Pats who had the best defense last season.

Being the assumed #1 WR on a Big Ben led Steelers definitely justified his ADP. Something just isn't right this season.

Nah I don’t buy that. Stevie wonder could have been the qb and it wouldn’t have justified how much Juju completely disappeared. I’m talking full on ghost for an entire season. mind you this team was still in the playoff hunt to the end, so it wasn’t like they were 2-14 and on cruise control and he still couldn’t put up anything significant all year. His adp was ridiculous.

 

you claim one game of 78 yards like that’s some monster performance thats evidence of him being a WR1 😂 

 

“something just isn’t right this season”. 
im sorry but everything IS RIGHT for the Steelers, they’re 5-0 and have a great weapon in claypool, maybe if he keeps balling he’ll attract similar attention that AB got. Then maybe Juju will be a safer WR2, but he’s not gonna sniff anywhere close to his adp, and that seems to be okay with the Steelers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juju was a high risk/high reward pick.  One of the main risks was Big Ben's health, but the assumption was that Juju would get peppered with targets as long as Big Ben was healthy.  I had Juju last year too so it's not like I didn't know what we has like last year.

I'm planning to bench Juju for at least a couple weeks.  Too early to drop him but it's something to think about if things don't change after a few weeks.

Edited by ZappB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time for benching JuJu should have been the last two weeks in obvious blowout games. I can't sit him this week against the Titans. They're bleeding points to opposing WR's and are good enough to get in a shootout with Pittsburgh. I bet we see some articles this week about getting JuJu more involved, squeaky wheel treatment etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

The time for benching JuJu should have been the last two weeks in obvious blowout games. I can't sit him this week against the Titans. They're bleeding points to opposing WR's and are good enough to get in a shootout with Pittsburgh. I bet we see some articles this week about getting JuJu more involved, squeaky wheel treatment etc...

Yeah I've been thinking this for the past couple days. I moved Juju out of my lineup but am possibly putting him back in. Because the only thing worse than enduring these duds is then benching him and missing the get right game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Yeah I've been thinking this for the past couple days. I moved Juju out of my lineup but am possibly putting him back in. Because the only thing worse than enduring these duds is then benching him and missing the get right game. 

My instinctive reaction was to bench him, but I've since moved JuJu back to my starting lineup. Can't blame anyone for sitting him -- but the matchup is perfect. I'm going down with the ship. If he busts this weekend I'll send him to the waiver wire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

I feel like anyone that drafted Juju this year did not have him on their team last year, otherwise you wouldn’t have drafted him. Dude completely disappeared all season. I know mason was the QB but if your a real no.1 you should find a way to get the ball semi-frequently. 
 

I learned last year he was JAG and quite frankly was shocked when I saw what his adp was.

Nah, he missed a 1/4 of the season last yr due to injury, and if u watched any of his games everyone could tell he was playing injured and no where near 100% the whole season besides maybe week 1. Steelers were a run 1st offense last yr with the likes of Duck Hodges/Rudolph playing QB(I almost want to vomit that’s how bad those 2 are). Those are reasons why Juju didn’t do well last season....being injured, run 1st offense, worst QB play in the league all recipes of a poor yr for any WR, if Big Ben was healthy all last year along with Juju, it would have been a different story. As far as this yr goes I have a feeling Juju isn’t 100% along with Ben spreading the love around while exposing weaknesses the defenses give him week to week. Steelers have many weapons along with the emergence of Claypool and a very gd run game, plus Juju will be gone next yr. Steelers aren’t pressed to just force feed Juju when they don’t have to. #’s don’t lie, Juju is not a feature on this offense like I see others. Went RB heavy and drafted Juju but I knew there would be risk with Ben’s elbow and other available options on offense, I thought by hitting the free agency market next yr the Steelers and Big Ben would at least show him some love so he can get paid, obviously I was wrong so far. Juju’s usage was a concern so I traded Juju for Claypool straight up. I still feel Juju can be a WR3 but his WR1/WR2 days are over in Pitt.

Edited by Tomei7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

My instinctive reaction was to bench him, but I've since moved JuJu back to my starting lineup. Can't blame anyone for sitting him -- but the matchup is perfect. I'm going down with the ship. If he busts this weekend I'll send him to the waiver wire 

I wouldn’t send him to the wire just yet, u should be able to get something in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

I wouldn’t send him to the wire just yet, u should be able to get something in return.

He is a major reason why I've lost these past two weeks. If he continues to put up 5-12 points a week I'd rather not have the temptation of starting him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

He is a major reason why I've lost these past two weeks. If he continues to put up 5-12 points a week I'd rather not have the temptation of starting him. 

[...] I would definitely try to trade away if u can and I wouldn’t start at all until I see a change 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

The time for benching JuJu should have been the last two weeks in obvious blowout games. I can't sit him this week against the Titans. They're bleeding points to opposing WR's and are good enough to get in a shootout with Pittsburgh. I bet we see some articles this week about getting JuJu more involved, squeaky wheel treatment etc...

Bruh, Steelers are a 5-0 team. No squeaky wheel treatment, Juju just wants to win. He’s not one to complain about not being involved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjb said:

Bruh, Steelers are a 5-0 team. No squeaky wheel treatment, Juju just wants to win. He’s not one to complain about not being involved.

I'm not saying he will or should cause any conflict. It's human nature to want to produce and succeed at your position. Just last week there was this article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ben-roethlisberger-lauds-juju-smith-schusters-unselfishness-says-he-is-still-the-steelers-no-1-receiver/

Basically Big Ben was worried about JuJu's mental state after only catching 4 balls against Philly. Now only 6 yards last week? Coming up in a game where his services are likely to be needed I believe JuJu will be given some extra looks. That's all. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.