BrianM

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I had a feeling and kept him in my lineup. Would've loved a TD and/or the hundo bonus but nice outing. I'm still going to only start him in games that should be competitive, because the Steelers seem to enjoy taking the air out of the ball way too often

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, owenmills said:

I had a feeling and kept him in my lineup. Would've loved a TD and/or the hundo bonus but nice outing. I'm still going to only start him in games that should be competitive, because the Steelers seem to enjoy taking the air out of the ball way too often

Same but I'll have to start him next week too cause of byes and injuries. Can't expect 14 targets too often but he'll score more TD's at some point. This was an important game for understanding JuJu's ROS outlook. I think most of us had a feeling he'd be much better in competitive games, but it's nice to actually see he can still be heavily targeted. Steelers never trailed this game either. All is not lost for this dude. Tough start and not what we hoped for but will have some good weeks ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 targets and what dat boy do with them? Y’all gonna be juju’n on that beat on your way out the playoffs if you start this fool 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

12 targets and what dat boy do with them? Y’all gonna be juju’n on that beat on your way out the playoffs if you start this fool 

He's a solid ppr player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

12 targets and what dat boy do with them? Y’all gonna be juju’n on that beat on your way out the playoffs if you start this fool 

No?

He scored 17.5 points this week and was instrumental in my team winning so pretty much the opposite of what you said I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what to think of him now. Was a solid sit for me before yesterday... Wondering if Johnson being active has something to do with it. His better games seem to be when he is in, unless I'm making that up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steelers played Claypool so much, the opponent game planned to take CC out of the game, this is when JuJu & DJ received usage. Uncertain where this leaves JuJu going forward, assuming that DJ is healthy, we won't know week to week if it'll be CC, DJ or JuJu, But with DJ injured, I can definitely see myself starting him next week and probably be disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

12 targets and what dat boy do with them? Y’all gonna be juju’n on that beat on your way out the playoffs if you start this fool 

He put up a game that has a pace of 144/1,360?

You should JuJu your way out of this thread with that take.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Steelers played Claypool so much, the opponent game planned to take CC out of the game, this is when JuJu & DJ received usage. Uncertain where this leaves JuJu going forward, assuming that DJ is healthy, we won't know week to week if it'll be CC, DJ or JuJu, But with DJ injured, I can definitely see myself starting him next week and probably be disappointed.

Safe to assume the pecking order will be dj, juju, then claypool will be big play or bust. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Safe to assume the pecking order will be dj, juju, then claypool will be big play or bust. 

I think you are correct. so is JuJu going to be a sure-fire top24 option moving forward?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I think you are correct. so is JuJu going to be a sure-fire top24 option moving forward?

That would be my guess, but there's also James Washington lurking. He was ignored much like Claypool was, but if he is incorporated in the offense moving forward that would probably come out of juju's pocket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

No?

He scored 17.5 points this week and was instrumental in my team winning so pretty much the opposite of what you said I guess

He put up 17.5 points. I’m sorry but look around the league. This is juju’s performance when he gets 12 targets, which I’m sorryisn’t gonna happen often. You see what Lockett, AJB, etc did with their targets. This guy was drafted around these guys in 3rd round. 
 

Y’all are throwing up this game like it’s a good sign and still don’t get it that he won’t consistently put up these performances. Ben’s not gonna target him that much this often. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

No?

He scored 17.5 points this week and was instrumental in my team winning so pretty much the opposite of what you said I guess

And if 17.5 points performance is instrumental to your team winning, you must play in your family league, cus that is not gonna be the reason you win a title in a league of sharks. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

And if 17.5 points performance is instrumental to your team winning, you must play in your family league, cus that is not gonna be the reason you win a title in a league of sharks. 

17.5 points isn’t losing you weeks either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jrt80 said:

He put up 17.5 points. I’m sorry but look around the league. This is juju’s performance when he gets 12 targets, which I’m sorryisn’t gonna happen often. You see what Lockett, AJB, etc did with their targets. This guy was drafted around these guys in 3rd round. 
 

Y’all are throwing up this game like it’s a good sign and still don’t get it that he won’t consistently put up these performances. Ben’s not gonna target him that much this often. 

Hey buddy fantasy is a TD driven game. 

Only 6 WRs last year got over 8 TDs last year. That means every single WR would be a disappointment to you 50%+ of the time. It also means you probably think Julio is a fantasy bum.

I honestly don't get this forum because half the people here don't realize unless a guy is getting TDs he is very rarely going to put up a monster game. A guy can dominate for 10/130/0 and he is outscored by 5/40/2 in half PPR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

And if 17.5 points performance is instrumental to your team winning, you must play in your family league, cus that is not gonna be the reason you win a title in a league of sharks. 

A guy dropping 17.5 absolutely is instrumental. It's always nice to have that monster blowup from one of your guys but you need the rest to contribute and not crap the bed too. Tell me know well it works out when one of your guys goes off and 2 others do jackshit and basically negate his huge game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, owenmills said:

A guy dropping 17.5 absolutely is instrumental. It's always nice to have that monster blowup from one of your guys but you need the rest to contribute and not crap the bed too. Tell me know well it works out when one of your guys goes off and 2 others do jackshit and basically negate his huge game. 

 

Yeah it's ironic too because a guy dropping 17.5 is going to be more critical in a "league of sharks" than it is in a family league where you can scoop up CMC off the waivers where he's been dropped and sitting for 4 weeks.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, owenmills said:

A guy dropping 17.5 absolutely is instrumental. It's always nice to have that monster blowup from one of your guys but you need the rest to contribute and not crap the bed too. Tell me know well it works out when one of your guys goes off and 2 others do jackshit and basically negate his huge game. 

[...] I’ve had boom /bust WR’s in the past, and your right they don’t work out.
 

Your argument is flawed tho because you make it sound like Juju is one of those “consistent 17 points every week” guys, when in reality he is literally the boom/bust type of player that you just described. (And his boom ain’t even that baller). Idk if you intended to agree with me, but you basically did. 

Edited by Jrt80
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

[...] I’ve had boom /bust WR’s in the past, and your right they don’t work out.
 

Your argument is flawed tho because you make it sound like Juju is one of those “consistent 17 points every week” guys, when in reality he is literally the boom/bust type of player that you just described. (And his boom ain’t even that baller). Idk if you intended to agree with me, but you basically did. 

Your argument is pretty flawed because I’m just talking about this last week man. You can be as critical as you want of him ROS but acting like his last game wasn’t helping teams doesn’t make much sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting this guy due to bye weeks but don't feel good about it. Seems like pittsburgh features a different wr every week. Baltimore isn't a great matchup either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not too confident in JuJu against the Cowboys. Anyone else feel the same? No RZ looks, average depth of target is 5.8 yards... if we don't see 8-10 targets it looks like a bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

not too confident in JuJu against the Cowboys. Anyone else feel the same? No RZ looks, average depth of target is 5.8 yards... if we don't see 8-10 targets it looks like a bust.

I don't know if I'll be confident about him again, but at least he's trending up the last few weeks. His floor is better with the increased targets but he really needs TDs to have big weeks. I'm not sure this dude is capable of going over 100 yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

not too confident in JuJu against the Cowboys. Anyone else feel the same? No RZ looks, average depth of target is 5.8 yards... if we don't see 8-10 targets it looks like a bust.

 

3 hours ago, owenmills said:

I don't know if I'll be confident about him again, but at least he's trending up the last few weeks. His floor is better with the increased targets but he really needs TDs to have big weeks. I'm not sure this dude is capable of going over 100 yards

What I'm worried about is Pittsburgh getting to a quick early lead, with the defense stopping Dallas from doing anything, and then Pittsburgh deciding to run the ball down Dallas's throat for the rest of the game.  This should be a game where Juju does well but I'm picturing a 4-6 catch, 40-60 yard game.  Still thinking about using Juju vs Antonio Brown this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.