BrianM

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

It's a little unnerving hearing that Big Ben is short-arming throws and side-arming balls at practice, no? Hopefully nothing, but does raise a possible red-flag for JuJu...

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It's a little unnerving hearing that Big Ben is short-arming throws and side-arming balls at practice, no? Hopefully nothing, but does raise a possible red-flag for JuJu...

That's what I read, too.  Schuster just did ok with Mason Rudolph in there last year so hopefully Ben will be fine.

Edited by sjm76

53 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

If anything, that may improve JuJu's stock. JuJu lived on YAC, and if Ben can't air it out, there will be plenty of short-intermediate passes for him to gobble up out of the slot.

47 minutes ago, Jwook said:

If anything, that may improve JuJu's stock. JuJu lived on YAC, and if Ben can't air it out, there will be plenty of short-intermediate passes for him to gobble up out of the slot.

Maybe for a game or two that might work, then Ben gets exposed by every DC in the league. 

He looks fine throwing here, but that's just one throw:

I'm pretty low on the Steelers offense as a whole. If I target anyone it'll be Diontae Johnson.

41 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

He looks fine throwing here, but that's just one throw:

I'm pretty low on the Steelers offense as a whole. If I target anyone it'll be Diontae Johnson.

Same here.  Johnson is a much better value going 4-5 rounds later in drafts.

Posted (edited)

That ADP makes me want to vomit.

There's a sucker born every minute. The Juju Truthers still don't realize that the 2017+2018 version of JuJu was a complete byproduct of 1st Ballot HOFer Antonio Brown being on the field with him. The 2019 Juju on his own without Antonio Brown, is the REAL Juju. He's basically Tyler Boyd; an ordinary Slot receiver who was drafted in the 2nd round.

You guys see where Tyler Boyd/Julian Edelman are going in Drafts? That's where JuJu should be going.

Golden Tate (ADP 113) will outscore Juju SS (ADP 30) in 2020. Mark that down.

D N D !!!!!!!!!

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

There's a sucker born every minute. The Juju Truthers still don't realize that the 2017+2018 version of JuJu was a complete byproduct of 1st Ballot HOFer Antonio Brown being on the field with him. The 2019 Juju on his own without Antonio Brown, is the REAL Juju. He's basically Tyler Boyd; an ordinary Slot receiver who was drafted in the 2nd round.

You guys see where Tyler Boyd/Julian Edelman are going in Drafts? That's where JuJu should be going.

D N D !!!!!!!!!

False. If you watched any Steelers games last year, you would know that it’s impossible to draw judgments for any of the Steelers skill players. It didn’t even look like an NFL offense. Painfully flawed logic to assume that 100% of Juju’s struggles could be attributed to Brown’s departure when the Juju simultaneously lost his HOF QB. I’m okay with people being down on Juju for a variety pack of reasons, but “he sucks and was only ever good because of AB” is not one of them.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

False. If you watched any Steelers games last year, you would know that it’s impossible to draw judgments for any of the Steelers skill players. It didn’t even look like an NFL offense. Painfully flawed logic to assume that 100% of Juju’s struggles could be attributed to Brown’s departure when the Juju simultaneously lost his HOF QB. I’m okay with people being down on Juju for a variety pack of reasons, but “he sucks and was only ever good because of AB” is not one of them.  

Ok, let's roll with what you said. Let's assume for one second that Juju is not a complete byproduct of AB (which is false, he IS, and you will see in 2020). You just admitted yourself that Juju's value is solely dependent on his 38-year-old, washed up, injury-prone QB staying healthy all year long. If that's the case....you just outlined why it's so risky to draft Juju at his ADP. That, as soon as Big Ben gets hurt, the 2020 Juju will revert back to the 2019 Juju. You want to risk a Top 30 overall pick on that? You should probably re-think this one.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Ok, let's roll with what you said. Let's assume for one second that Juju is not a complete byproduct of AB (which is false, he IS, and you will see in 2020). You just admitted yourself that Juju's value is solely dependent on his 38-year-old, washed up, injury-prone QB staying healthy all year long. If that's the case....you just outlined why it's so risky to draft Juju at his ADP. That, as soon as Big Ben gets hurt, the 2020 Juju will revert back to the 2019 Juju. You want to risk a Top 30 overall pick on that? You should probably re-think this one.

I drafted JuJu but traded him in a package deal just a week later as I don't think he'll justify where he's being drafted.  I think the Steelers will let JuJu walk as a free agent after this year and they really seem to like Diontae Johnson and the rookie Claypool.  They also have James Washington who came on at the end of last year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I drafted JuJu but traded him in a package deal just a week later as I don't think he'll justify where he's being drafted.  I think the Steelers will let JuJu walk as a free agent after this year and they really seem to like Diontae Johnson and the rookie Claypool.  They also have James Washington who came on at the end of last year

Good move, and you are right.

58 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

D N D !!!!!!!!!

This is a terrible take lol. How many 1000 yard WR’s did AB have next to him all those years? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

I also said that I’m okay with people being down on Juju for a variety of reasons. One of those reasons is that you’re banking on the health of Big Ben. I’m totally on board with that. We saw that risk materialize last season. I just feel strongly that Juju is not an average talent. He is a great player, and I hate to see his poor season attributed solely to AB leaving. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. My opinion is that Juju is a top 10 WR this year if we get 16 games out of Big Ben. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

This is a terrible take lol. How many 1000 yard WR’s did AB have next to him all those years? 

I was actually curious so I looked.

Besides 2018 Juju, the only time a WR other than Antonio Brown had a 1,000 yard season was 2011 and it was Mike Wallace. 2011 was Brown's second season. Didn't look at 2010 because it looks like he didn't play much.

FWIW I'm down on Juju this year. Partly because I'm not sure about Juju and how it'll work out with all of Pittsburgh's other receivers getting targets but more because I don't trust Roethlisberger to return to form.

4 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

D N D !!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That's awesome. Also this, hadn't seen that before:

:lol:

kid always comes across as the affable, humble type ... cool dood - and rankling the living ish outta AB is the cherry on top 😁

• Like 1

He's one of my targets in the middle of round three if he's there.  I'm in the camp who thinks last season's struggles were 90% an issue at the QB position.  That QB carousel wasn't just bad, it was atrocious.  After Ben went down at the beginning of the season, they broke 200 passing yards just three times (peaking at 260).  18 total passing TD's. 270-ish completions over 15 games...that's around 18 completions per game.  Sure, his success is tied to Ben's, but that is built into his price.  I don't think the loss of AB will have nearly as big of a negative impact as a healthy Ben will have a positive impact.  He clearly has an established rapport with Ben.

I like the guy and he's a good wide receiver, but he's Robin, not Batman. As long as he doesn't have a guy like AB playing across from him he'll just be a decent WR2/3.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Why

Juju SS wins the award for "Most Overdrafted Fantasy Player in 2020"

Juju has 0 chance of outproducing his ADP and is a 100% lock to finish below his ADP.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 1

Juju isn't even the best WR (fantasy OR real life) on his own team

I believe Diontae Johnson outscores Juju this year.

• Haha 1

I feel like he was a product of AB on the other side of him, plus Big Ben is a gamble as well - this is just me. 

I pick 2nd in a 10 team league, and thankfully he's never even around the best players who come back to me each round. I'd rather go with Ridley, Sutton, Woods, Parker...again, just me.