BrianM

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

Juju SS wins the award for "Most Overdrafted Fantasy Player in 2020"

 

Juju has 0 chance of outproducing his ADP and is a 100% lock to finish below his ADP.

Let’s throw $50 on it. Contingent on Big Ben being healthy for a majority of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Let’s throw $50 on it. Contingent on Big Ben being healthy for a majority of the season. 

 

i can see you don't gamble often ...

 

("ifs" and "buts" have nothing to do with wagering, lest we'd all be super rich)

 

the Ben factor is baked in - take it or leave it - no contingency

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

i can see you don't gamble often ...

 

("ifs" and "buts" have nothing to do with wagering, lest we'd all be super rich)

 

the Ben factor is baked in - take it or leave it - no contingency

I don’t lol, I’m fine with no contingency my bet stands. He’s really the only guy Ben has chemistry with, and will be moving back to the slot this year. Is he really a true #1 WR in the NFL? Probably not. I’m fairly confident in him being a fantasy stud however. Good slot WR’s put up solid fantasy numbers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Own him in both my leagues, again. Last year was a disaster, but let’s run it back! 97-1305-9 finishes the year as a WR1. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben will be his kryptonite

Edited by Guwop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone in round 1 will be worse than him. 100%. There's always a catastrophe in round 1 somewhere.

I actually think he'll be good this year, but even if he's not, I like the bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegas set the over under catches at 91 for juju, highest total after the first round WRs. the only concern is Ben's health, if he can stay on the field for 13-14 games I have no doubt juju will have a 90/1100/7 season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 6 pick 4 for me. WR2 behind Thomas. Should be worth that pick. Chark, McLaurin and Metcalf went after him in the 6th round. 10 teamer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you still have Juju on your roster, do the right thing asap and trade him.

While OBJ does have a 1% chance of outproducing his ADP, Juju has a 0% chance of outproducing his ADP. Diontae Johnson is the Steelers WR1 and will outscore Juju in 2020.

Teams conceded yards/receptions to Juju in 2017/18 because of the unstoppable Antonio Brown + dominant Steelers running game. Defenses had no choice but to concede to Juju in the slot, because when you're facing such a high powered offense, something had to give. Juju dictates nothing on his own terms - He is an ordinary Beta WR.

People are drafting Juju in 2020 based on his 2017/18 stats with 0 conceptual understanding of WHY he produced the way he did. It's the same with OBJ, people are drafting him in 2020 based on 2014-18 production without understanding the context of WHY he produced that way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 8:57 PM, jay2491 said:

Vegas set the over under catches at 91 for juju, highest total after the first round WRs. the only concern is Ben's health, if he can stay on the field for 13-14 games I have no doubt juju will have a 90/1100/7 season

 

Haha. UNDER on all 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

If you still have Juju on your roster, do the right thing asap and trade him.

While OBJ does have a 1% chance of outproducing his ADP, Juju has a 0% chance of outproducing his ADP. Diontae Johnson is the Steelers WR1 and will outscore Juju in 2020.

Teams conceded yards/receptions to Juju in 2017/18 because of the unstoppable Antonio Brown + dominant Steelers running game. Defenses had no choice but to concede to Juju in the slot, because when you're facing such a high powered offense, something had to give. Juju dictates nothing on his own terms - He is an ordinary Beta WR.

People are drafting Juju in 2020 based on his 2017/18 stats with 0 conceptual understanding of WHY he produced the way he did. It's the same with OBJ, people are drafting him in 2020 based on 2014-18 production without understanding the context of WHY he produced that way.

 

how is getting JuJu in round 4 ...42 overall drafting him at 2018 expectations?  i understand he wont repeat those numbers at all but to get him here in round 4 is right about where he should be.. going back into the slot and big ben back.. i dont see how he does not return low wr1 high wr2 numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a very strong rookie season and a phenomenal sophomore campaign, I thought Smith-Schuster might have a great 2019. I wasn't able to get any shares, but I would have expected it. Obviously it didn't happen. And to some extent I can give him a pass due to Roethlisberger's injury. Once Big Ben went down, the offense tanked. Still, receivers have managed to put up decent stats on bad teams in bad situations in the past. Smith-Schuster's 2019 was pretty horrid for a player that previously topped 1400 yards. I can't help but be reminded of a Rotoworld blurb, which quoted The Athletic's Ed Bouchette in predicting that the Steelers will allow JuJu Smith-Schuster to walk following the 2020 season. Which is puzzling. The Steelers are a smart organization and its very rare for teams to let even decent WRs walk. His poor 2019 seems to be in part due to Brown's absence and the fact the Steelers don't think that highly of him suggests he's risky.

 

I was in a position to grab him in my draft and ultimately passed. Too many red flags. Also nearly took Cortland Sutton in that slot, so maybe none of the "best" choices will plan out. Time will tell. I mean someone has to catch passes in Pittsburgh and the offense should be decent. But then again Roethlisberger is pretty old. I didn't invest, but will be curious to see how it pans out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

how is getting JuJu in round 4 ...42 overall drafting him at 2018 expectations?  i understand he wont repeat those numbers at all but to get him here in round 4 is right about where he should be.. going back into the slot and big ben back.. i dont see how he does not return low wr1 high wr2 numbers

 

Juju is a high-end WR4.

WR3 numbers at best in 2020.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

If you still have Juju on your roster, do the right thing asap and trade him.

While OBJ does have a 1% chance of outproducing his ADP, Juju has a 0% chance of outproducing his ADP. Diontae Johnson is the Steelers WR1 and will outscore Juju in 2020.

Teams conceded yards/receptions to Juju in 2017/18 because of the unstoppable Antonio Brown + dominant Steelers running game. Defenses had no choice but to concede to Juju in the slot, because when you're facing such a high powered offense, something had to give. Juju dictates nothing on his own terms - He is an ordinary Beta WR.

People are drafting Juju in 2020 based on his 2017/18 stats with 0 conceptual understanding of WHY he produced the way he did. It's the same with OBJ, people are drafting him in 2020 based on 2014-18 production without understanding the context of WHY he produced that way.

 

 

Ah, you took OBJ and JuJu at the turn last year too, huh? It's ok man, it's in the past. Cheer up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

 

Ah, you took OBJ and JuJu at the turn last year too, huh? It's ok man, it's in the past. Cheer up.

seriously.. this guy has some hurt feelings from last year i get it hahaha..  wr4? yeah okay. laughable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

seriously.. this guy has some hurt feelings from last year i get it hahaha..  wr4? yeah okay. laughable

You just have to ignore his posts or better yet block him. I have no issue with people no believing in players but with the way he posts he clearly is trolling. Also it's telling he's only ever shitting on players, not making many calls on who will do well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think the person just created the account to just made to make hot takes and be completely abrasive about them.

 

Clearly a troll account, hopefully, otherwise there’s some deeper seeded issues 

Edited by Rosenburger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

If you still have Juju on your roster, do the right thing asap and trade him.

While OBJ does have a 1% chance of outproducing his ADP, Juju has a 0% chance of outproducing his ADP. Diontae Johnson is the Steelers WR1 and will outscore Juju in 2020.

Teams conceded yards/receptions to Juju in 2017/18 because of the unstoppable Antonio Brown + dominant Steelers running game. Defenses had no choice but to concede to Juju in the slot, because when you're facing such a high powered offense, something had to give. Juju dictates nothing on his own terms - He is an ordinary Beta WR.

People are drafting Juju in 2020 based on his 2017/18 stats with 0 conceptual understanding of WHY he produced the way he did. It's the same with OBJ, people are drafting him in 2020 based on 2014-18 production without understanding the context of WHY he produced that way.

 

So if OBJ had Big Ben passing to him he wouldn't be at least a WR2? C'mon bro....

Juju in the late 4th round with the likes of AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Terry McLaurin is a great spot to get him. This kid is young, fast, and will improve on an off year. He has a better QB than all those other WR's mentioned and OBJ. Along with a great running game and defense, that makes Juju a solid pick in my eyes in round 4 with high upside. Easy WR3 and he should be a solid WR2.

Disclaimer: I have been wrong before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, owenmills said:

You just have to ignore his posts or better yet block him. I have no issue with people no believing in players but with the way he posts he clearly is trolling. Also it's telling he's only ever shitting on players, not making many calls on who will do well

 

 

Might want to look at my post history, guy. I have made numerous posts about undervalued players who will do well: Desean Jackson, Golden Tate, Dawson Knox, Nyheim Hines, Todd Gurley, Leveon Bell, CEH, Chris Thompson, Stefon Diggs, John Brown, Diontae Johnson, Jarvis Landry, Laviska Shenault, etc. etc. etc.....it's all there in my post history, go check it out. It's almost a 50/50 split in terms of players I talk about who I think will Bust and players I think will do well. 

Why are you blatantly lying when my post history says the opposite of what you're saying?

And no I'm not trolling, I am speaking the truth on Juju. You just won't accept it, but you will after 2020 for sure.

Edited by PisEdiRin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

 

Ah, you took OBJ and JuJu at the turn last year too, huh? It's ok man, it's in the past. Cheer up.

 

 

Nope. Didn't have Juju in any leagues last year. Knew he would Bust without Antonio Brown.

Edited by PisEdiRin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

seriously.. this guy has some hurt feelings from last year i get it hahaha..  wr4? yeah okay. laughable

 

 

Juju was like a WR6 last year.

 

Calling Juju a high-end WR4 is actually being generous.

 

That's exactly what he is, a high-end WR4. 

Edited by PisEdiRin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sdlengua said:

So if OBJ had Big Ben passing to him he wouldn't be at least a WR2? C'mon bro....

Juju in the late 4th round with the likes of AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Terry McLaurin is a great spot to get him. This kid is young, fast, and will improve on an off year. He has a better QB than all those other WR's mentioned and OBJ. Along with a great running game and defense, that makes Juju a solid pick in my eyes in round 4 with high upside. Easy WR3 and he should be a solid WR2.

Disclaimer: I have been wrong before.  

 

 

And you're wrong here. No, Juju will not be at least a WR2 even with Big Ben throwing to him. You're wrong. 

Secondly....why are you assuming 38 year old injury-prone Big Ben stays healthy? What a silly assumption to make in the 1st place. 

The Steelers are letting him walk after 2020 for a reason. If Juju was special, he would have been extended already. But he's not, so.

Edited by PisEdiRin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Yeah, I think the person just created the account to just made to make hot takes and be completely abrasive about them.

 

Clearly a troll account, hopefully, otherwise there’s some deeper seeded issues 

 

 

You probably have Juju SS on your fantasy team.

When Juju is stinking it up in 2020, will you be back here in this thread to apologize to me directly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

Juju is a high-end WR4.

WR3 numbers at best in 2020.

Geez...show us on the doll where Juju hurt you...😄

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.