BrianM

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

Geez...show us on the doll where Juju hurt you...😄

Come back here and directly apologize to me when Juju Busts in 2020.

That is all.

The one who laughs last, laughs the loudest.

• Haha 2

Maybe PisEdiRin is AB? They kinda took shots at each other after AB left. Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

After a very strong rookie season and a phenomenal sophomore campaign, I thought Smith-Schuster might have a great 2019. I wasn't able to get any shares, but I would have expected it. Obviously it didn't happen. And to some extent I can give him a pass due to Roethlisberger's injury. Once Big Ben went down, the offense tanked. Still, receivers have managed to put up decent stats on bad teams in bad situations in the past. Smith-Schuster's 2019 was pretty horrid for a player that previously topped 1400 yards. I can't help but be reminded of a Rotoworld blurb, which quoted The Athletic's Ed Bouchette in predicting that the Steelers will allow JuJu Smith-Schuster to walk following the 2020 season. Which is puzzling. The Steelers are a smart organization and its very rare for teams to let even decent WRs walk. His poor 2019 seems to be in part due to Brown's absence and the fact the Steelers don't think that highly of him suggests he's risky.

I was in a position to grab him in my draft and ultimately passed. Too many red flags. Also nearly took Cortland Sutton in that slot, so maybe none of the "best" choices will plan out. Time will tell. I mean someone has to catch passes in Pittsburgh and the offense should be decent. But then again Roethlisberger is pretty old. I didn't invest, but will be curious to see how it pans out.

Staying on topic, the QB's he had throwing to them were the worst of the worst. They would be 3rd or 4th string QB's on any other team, let alone backups. Watching them play was absolutely abysmal. I don't think Calvin Johnson or Hopkins could even find any room to ball out. 

Chase Claypool is the savvy pickup here for Juju owners who want the full pie

36 minutes ago, owenmills said:

You just have to ignore his posts or better yet block him. I have no issue with people no believing in players but with the way he posts he clearly is trolling. Also it's telling he's only ever shitting on players, not making many calls on who will do well

There's literally a "Desean Jackson 2020" thread created by me on the 1st page. 

You dumb?

Or how about this John Brown thread?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Maybe PisEdiRin is AB? They kinda took shots at each other after AB left. Just a thought. 

Staying on topic, the QB's he had throwing to them were the worst of the worst. They would be 3rd or 4th string QB's on any other team, let alone backups. Watching them play was absolutely abysmal. I don't think Calvin Johnson or Hopkins could even find any room to ball out. 

Yet Diontae Johnson led all Rookie WRs in Receptions with those same QBs.

Why did Diontae Johnson "ball out" (relatively speaking) but Juju could not? Hmmmm?

Stop with the excuses for dime-a-dozen JAG 2nd round Slot receiver Juju whom the Steelers themselves have no interest in resigning beyond 2020.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

And you're wrong here. No, Juju will not be at least a WR2 even with Big Ben throwing to him. You're wrong. 

Secondly....why are you assuming 38 year old injury-prone Big Ben stays healthy? What a silly assumption to make in the 1st place. 

The Steelers are letting him walk after 2020 for a reason. If Juju was special, he would have been extended already. But he's not, so.

All the more reason for him to stud out and show his worth to NFL teams. Steelers passed 32 times a game on average last year with junk at the QB position. With the primary signal caller back in an offense he's comfortable with you have to figure that number at the very least stays the same and highly probably that goes up. This is assuming that Big Ben even at 75% of what he was is still a top 10 QB with one of the best offensive lines in the league and a solid running game.  Juju is the best WR on that team or let's say second best. That's more than enough for a decent target share and opportunities for TDs. He doesn't have to win me the league, just provide WR2 numbers or high WR3. Which on that team, any starting WR can provide. We'll have to agree to disagree and see how the season plays out.

44 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

That is all.

I’ll be here, but I won't be the one apologizing 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Juju going off this season, starting Monday night Vs the G men. Dime a dozen JAG my a** dude put up the most yards before the age of 22 in NFL history. Ahead of randy moss. He’s 23, battled through injuries and terrible QB play on a conservative team with a rockstar defense. The two seasons before he proved he can hang with the big boys. Locked and loaded top 10 WR for 2020. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Juju going off this season, starting Monday night Vs the G men. Dime a dozen JAG my a** dude put up the most yards before the age of 22 in NFL history. Ahead of randy moss. He’s 23, battled through injuries and terrible QB play on a conservative team with a rockstar defense. The two seasons before he proved he can hang with the big boys. Locked and loaded top 10 WR for 2020. 

I don’t sense any bias at all.....

1 minute ago, HarambeLives said:

I don’t sense any bias at all.....

Tons of bias, obviously. Regardless, look at the facts. Look at what he did his first two seasons with Ben, and the year without him. WR underperforms without HOF QB. More news at 11? Cmon man. The he did it because of AB narrative is weak as hell also, seeing how a single player has had one 1000 yard season next to AB. I remember Hopkins underperforming with Brock, did people absolutely fade hopkins the next season? If they did they were unhappy. 

11 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Tons of bias, obviously. Regardless, look at the facts. Look at what he did his first two seasons with Ben, and the year without him. WR underperforms without HOF QB. More news at 11? Cmon man. The he did it because of AB narrative is weak as hell also, seeing how a single player has had one 1000 yard season next to AB. I remember Hopkins underperforming with Brock, did people absolutely fade hopkins the next season? If they did they were unhappy. 

Gonna be all Diontae Johnson unless the foot becomes something more 

2 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

Foot or no foot it’s gonna be the juju show all season long. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Foot or no foot it’s gonna be the juju show all season long. 

If JuJu goes down or has under 700yds on the year you got to change your profile picture to Diontae Johnson. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HarambeLives said:

If JuJu goes down or has under 700yds on the year you got to change your profile picture to Diontae Johnson. 

That’s fine lol I really like Johnson also. I just think people are writing off Juju a little to early. 

2 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

So you're saying Ben is only going to support Diontae and that's it?

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Yet Diontae Johnson led all Rookie WRs in Receptions with those same QBs.

Why did Diontae Johnson "ball out" (relatively speaking) but Juju could not? Hmmmm?

Stop with the excuses for dime-a-dozen JAG 2nd round Slot receiver Juju whom the Steelers themselves have no interest in resigning beyond 2020.

JuJu getting shadowed by CB1's explains that, AB. Trash can QB's can't hit receivers running through the slot. 

Let's look at some stats, yes?

Diontae Johnson scored 5 touchdowns last year, 680 receptions yards. I mean, if you consider that "balling out" then we've got different definitions. Let's take a closer look at those 5 touchdowns:

29 yard touchdown vs Jets
18 yard touchdown vs Cardinals
45 yard touchdown vs Miami
43 yard touchdown vs Bengals
39 yard touchdown vs San Francisco

I'm seeing a trend of a deep threat going against a CB2/safety with trash can QB's just heaving the ball deep since we know, and it is a fact, Mason Rudolph and Develin Hodges are both terrible, terrible NFL quarterbacks, and they're bound to get lucky vs 4 terrible secondaries.

JuJu is due for a big year with Big Ben back. The Steelers had the 3rd worst offense last years in terms of yards per game, 2nd worst in terms of passing yards. There was absolutely no room for anyone in that offense to succeed. 

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Lmfao your ego is through the damn roof

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

So you're saying Ben is only going to support Diontae and that's it? 

please calm down. 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Lmfao your ego is through the damn roof

All I know is if Juju balls this year PisEdRin better never come back here, with how much vitriol he’s spewing. WR4 at best 😄

Last year was rough, but as long as Ben stays healthy our favorite WR is back and ready to roll. WR1 ROS. 

• Like 1

I like Juju a lot as a high end WR2 instead of WR1 just because I think that defense is so good they wont be in many games where throwing late is necessary. Still an absolute stud though. 

Lol.

On 9/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, HarambeLives said:

Edited by JEREMY LIN
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2020 at 4:27 PM, PisEdiRin said:

That is all.

Oops

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2