BrianM

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, Deke said:

Then so did Diontae Johnson. Why did Juju outperform him?

Less targets

Same # of catches

12 more yards

Diontae Johnson went up against the elite James Bradberry. 

Johnson, not Juju, will be the Steelers WR1 this year.

Juju is the perfect Sell High candidate.

5 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

I honestly cant tell if you actually think that or are just trolling 🤔

Are u honestly suggesting that Juju will outscore Robert Woods this year?

Seriously?

Woods is a 1000% lock to outscore him this season, that's not even worth thinking about.

34 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Seriously?

Woods is a 1000% lock to outscore him this season, that's not even worth thinking about.

Speaking in absolutes is dangerous... Unless you're me and right basically all the time, hah, joke people. 

I've got my money on Juju over diontae and woods. 

Everyone forgets how good Ben is when healthy. And you seem to forget that Goff struggles to throw TD's. 

Watching the game to me every time Ben seemed like he really needed something he was locked in on Juju waiting for best time to send it. 

Everytime it wasn't must have felt like he was shoving it into DJ to try to get his confidence up. 

If steelers play Browns I bet DJ out targets again. Against Ravens though, I wouldn't be shocked to see 15+ targets all coming jujus way if this is any indication of things to come. 

This is all observations from the ONLY game film I've watched also with healthy Ben and these guys this year, so SSS. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Guys, stop giving the troll attention. His posts neglect to include any actual analysis.

Juju owners should be very happy with what they saw last night. A good first game on his redemption tour this season. The other receivers flourishing is a GOOD thing for Juju. Ben has supported more than one WR in several previous seasons.

Edited by kidsgotsoul
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Let me just summarize this.

- You hate Odell

- Odell does bad against an elite defense 

- You go around telling everyone I told you so after one game

- You hate JuJu

- JuJu kills it

- You are still right because it’s only one game against a bad defense.

You on some real clown ****.

FR he not gonna stop as long as he gettin a reaction to all the nonsense he spews

• Like 3

he's not back yet.. but that game was good to see 

The emergence of Diontae hasn't been very beneficial for this guy's stock, especially since he's hoping to get paid this offseason.

• Like 1

Just now, jpark211 said:

this game was totally concerning... seems like dionte has overtaken him as the WR1

He was the WR1 in game 1. Johnson had better looks this game (and messed up multiple times, I might add). This could easily turn into a AB/JuJu situation.

This is an overreaction.

11 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

JuJu still got his looks not worried at all.. still gave us 14ppr pts

I'm a little worried. And what generous league do you play in? 14 PPR points?

24 minutes ago, slaphitter said:

Ben's arm looks ragged. Lots of short stuff. No zip

Except for that bomb to Claypool? 

24 minutes ago, slaphitter said:

Ben's arm looks ragged. Lots of short stuff. No zip

Yeah, they weren't even ahead by much and they seemed to be in clock kill mode, running the ball and calling really conservative pass plays. I'm more concerned about this than DJ stealing targets from Juju. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Except for that bomb to Claypool

yep - outside of that, his name is Mud 

7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Yeah, they weren't even ahead by much and they seemed to be in clock kill mode, running the ball and calling really conservative pass plays. I'm more concerned about this than DJ stealing targets from Juju. 

Get used to that, tomlin is gonna try and milk the clock and limit bens exposure. Our defense is taking over games, Ben just has to do enough to get a lead and from there it’s gonna be hand offs and short passes. 

On 9/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, FlashGordon401 said:

The emergence of Diontae hasn't been very beneficial for this guy's stock, especially since he's hoping to get paid this offseason.

People forget he played as the #2 in 2018 and had a monster year. Any argument about whether or not he is the alpha WR on the Steelers is inconsequential. Ben has a history of supporting two top 24 WRs. I don't see why any Juju owners should be upset with Johnson's potential breakout in the making. 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, PisEdiRin said:

Seriously?

I don't know man. Your credibility with me took a big hit when you were pumping up Nyheim Hines hard as possible league winner, in the process saying Ekeler was a poor man's Nyheim Hines and that in a Hines/Darren Waller trade that the Hines side won

11 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I don't know man. Your credibility with me took a big hit when you were pumping up Nyheim Hines hard as possible league winner, in the process saying Ekeler was a poor man's Nyheim Hines and that in a Hines/Darren Waller trade that the Hines side won

Wow. It's almost like he has no idea what he's talking about. Imagine that. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

People forget he played as the #2 in 2018 and had a monster year. Any argument about whether or not he is the alpha WR on the Steelers is inconsequential. Ben has a history of supporting two top 24 WRs. I don't see why any Juju owners should be upset with Johnson's potential breakout in the making. 

Juju had less than 70 yards receiving in Week 1. The fluke TDs saved his night.

Juju had less than 50 yards receiving in Week 2.

After 2 weeks, Juju ranks 39th in the NFL in Receiving Yards.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving

You're happy with this production from a guy you drafted as a WR1/2 around ADP 30 overall?

Both of Buffalo's WRs will outscore Juju. You put Juju right now on Buffalo, and he would be Josh Allen's 3rd WR option. Juju is a middling talent.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You're happy with this production from a guy you drafted as a WR1/2 around ADP 30 overall?

Fluke touchdowns lmao. He has more points than Evans Julio Robert woods and DJ Moore and the same amount of points as Hill and Cooper. Not sure how much more you could ask for. 

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Fluke touchdowns lmao. He has more points than Evans Julio Robert woods and DJ Moore and the same amount of points as Hill and Cooper. Not sure how much more you could ask for. 

Touchdowns are flukes and only yardage is a good barometer for how good a player is. Unless the TDs support my argument

6 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Both of Buffalo's WRs will outscore Juju. You put Juju right now on Buffalo, and he would be Josh Allen's 3rd WR option. Juju is a middling talent.

lol, sure let's take one variable of scoring and ignore all others. You aren't even a good troll. 

Tyreek Hill is ranked 22nd

Cooper Kupp is ranked 34th 

Mike Evans is ranked 52nd

Meanwhile guys like Edelman are ranked 3rd and Robby Anderson is ranked 4th in receiving yards. Guess we should be hitting the panic button on the guys above too with your logic, right? 

Just now, kidsgotsoul said:

lol, sure let's take one variable of scoring and ignore all others. You aren't even a good troll. 

Tyreek Hill is ranked 22nd

Cooper Kupp is ranked 34th 

Mike Evans is ranked 52nd

Meanwhile guys like Edelman are ranked 3rd and Robby Anderson is ranked 4th in receiving yards. Guess we should be hitting the panic button on the guys above too with your logic, right? 

He doesn't care about those other players because it doesn't fit his narrative. Ignore the guy and you won't have to read his bad takes anymore. 

I get stuck reading them because people reply to them. The ignore function on this board really doesn't work well. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I’m noticing he answered another post but has conveniently ignored this one. Maybe he’s working on a long rebuttal. Lol. 

• Like 1