paulwall29

Jonnu Smith 2020 Outlook

pittsburgh gives up the 7th least fantasy points to tightends this season. tough matchup i presume, continue to start him don't worry just yet. 

Unless you have Kelce or Kittle, you have to expect outings like this. It sucks for sure as it might cost me this week, but Jonnu almost came down with a TD and he was held on another play in the redzone.

Idk who im gonna pick up off with that offers what smith does when healthy and not facing steelers. Maybe gronk? Just gotta take bad with good..

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

Corey Davis came back and got 10 targets. If that continues there may be usage concerns here. 

Davis and brown were eating today. Not a good sign for Jonnu moving forward

Think he was used as a decoy today. Not fully healthy still is my guess. 

6 minutes ago, codyodea said:

Think he was used as a decoy today. Not fully healthy still is my guess. 

My thoughts too. Didn't start him on any of my teams

Yuge decoy game, that sucks hopefully his ankle is better and they’re more confident in him in the game script next week. 

When fully healthy and in the gameplan the dude is a beast. 

Not like the matchups did him any favors. Glad I benched him

So.... are we just in wait and pray mode with this guy? Is there a reason Firsker has been taking so many snaps? That wasn't the case earlier in the year or last year, was it? I'm genuinely concerned. There was no notion of limitation or a changing gameplan. Maybe Firkser is just bringing something he's not or forcing more of a snap share? ugghh...

29 minutes ago, aapox said:

So.... are we just in wait and pray mode with this guy? Is there a reason Firsker has been taking so many snaps? That wasn't the case earlier in the year or last year, was it? I'm genuinely concerned. There was no notion of limitation or a changing gameplan. Maybe Firkser is just bringing something he's not or forcing more of a snap share? ugghh...

Don't believe he was at 100% against Pit. 

Personally I wouldn't hold this, or last weeks game where he got injured ... against him. 

Very nice matchup too this Sunday @ CIN 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aapox said:

The Steelers are a tough matchup for TEs.

It happens.

You have to play him against the Bengals this week.

We just saw what the Browns TEs did to them.

The minute you bench him he’s going to pop off for a 20 point week.

It didn’t look like he was in the field very much.  Probably was never healthy coming into the game.  

Travis kelce scored 4 pnts this week in half ppr... its a volatile position even for the best at times. I already said this but im not real sure what ya can pull off the ww that would beat out this dude. I'd have to swing a trade and smith would be part of the deal and his value is looow right now. What with the recent injury, and low output and all.. I see him as a hold in less someone wild is available to you. Let him heal. As has been stated by a few smart ones, Cincinnati could cure what ails him. 

Edited by Buckmcbuck

11 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

It didn’t look like he was in the field very much.  Probably was never healthy coming into the game.  

Smith wasn't even listed on the injury report.

It could be that with the matchup he wasn't a focus in the gameplan.

That should change this week.

6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Don't believe he was at 100% against Pit. 

I’m really hoping this is the case. Because this usage is extremely concerning. I expected when he was removed from the injury report he’d be a full go. I’m obviously playing him and holding and hoping, but it doesn’t feel good. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aapox said:

I’m really hoping this is the case. Because this usage is extremely concerning. I expected when he was removed from the injury report he’d be a full go. I’m obviously playing him and holding and hoping, but it doesn’t feel good. 

Things will get back to normal this weekend, no doubt about it.

He's due for a tuddie in this matchup against the Bengals.

Let's hope Burrow keeps this game competitive & it erupts into a shootout. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

only reasons im considering starting are the bengals and i have andrews who is facing pittsburgh. Just gotta accept the duds with the occasional pops. I think he has less boom weeks with brown and davis back however

6 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Really like him as a buy low option but I'd doubt smart owners are selling

Not so sure selling is a dumb move.  AJ Brown has stolen the title of favourite target for Tannehill.  Jonnu will have better games than this but the touchdown pace we saw early season is probably finished 

• Like 1

Odd conversation on Jonnu in here.

This is a guy most drafted post round 10. 

During the first four weeks he scored 13, 24, 11, 21 points in PPR scoring. He then got banged up and then ran into a tough as nails Steelers D (statistically against TEs).

Wish I didn't own him...so I could buy him even lower off of people in this thread before this week's game against Cinci because...

...Cinci has given up 6 TDs to TEs in the last 3 games.

Chill out people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Odd conversation on Jonnu in here.

This is a guy most drafted post round 10. 

During the first four weeks he scored 13, 24, 11, 21 points in PPR scoring. He then got banged up and then ran into a tough as nails Steelers D (statistically against TEs).

Wish I didn't own him...so I could buy him even lower off of people in this thread before this week's game against Cinci because...

...Cinci has given up 6 TDs to TEs in the last 3 games.

Chill out people.

you forgot to mention rhat thru the first 4 weeks there was hobbled AJ in game one, then no AJ in games two thru four. 

also no Davis in games three and four, no Humphries for one of those weeks, as well. 

it's not as cut and dried as you wish to allow with your post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1