Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Jonnu sees Firsker ball out.

Love the talent of Jonnu Smith - unsure of the opportunity. Dude is a freak athlete - 93rd percentile SPARQ score, 100th percentile breakout age, 92nd percentile college dominator rating.  So the

I'm here to say that I started this forum and I hope you all listened. Congrats if you did.

Posted Images

Okay, he played 70% of snaps on Sunday, so I’m decently less worried. Still hope Firkser doesn’t vulture too many targets but as long as Jonnu is healthy and on the field he’ll produce more times than not. 

4 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

He's set and forget for me barring something catastrophic. Won't find many tight ends with more talent and athleticism. 

He's a baby A.J Brown basically.

Just give this man some targets & let the damage commence. 

In my opinion the whole passing game should primarily go through them. No one else 

But fantasy is not reality, sadly. 

• Like 2

Just a smash spot this week. Be grateful if he is your TE1, no matter how you were able to gain his services.

CIN allows a +8.4 adjusted FPA against opposing TEs this year, best matchup (by far) in fantasy.

They also should be able to keep up enough against the TEN defense and make this a semi-shootout.

Jonnu 💪 week.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you forgot to mention rhat thru the first 4 weeks there was hobbled AJ in game one, then no AJ in games two thru four. 

also no Davis in games three and four, no Humphries for one of those weeks, as well. 

it's not as cut and dried as you wish to allow with your post. 

Exactly. He was a defacto primary target it seems. Yes the steelers are tough BUT I didn't see that affect AJ or Davis in that game. People want to ignore the impact of Tanny having AJ, Davis, and Humphries to also pick from. Jonnu appears less reliable than he was when the other weapons were hurt. Let's not ignore that just because we own jonnu and want him to go off every week. Thankfully it's the Bengals this week but the competition for targets and end zone looks isn't a good sign moving forward

Edited by BeastOfTheLeast
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

He's bigger and arguably more athletic. Slower top speed. More quickness and agility.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jonnu-smith/

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/a-j-brown/

Not sure if this is behind pay wall.

According to this the best comparable player to Jonnu is David Njoku. And the best comparable player to Njoku is Travis Kelce. And the best comparable player to Kelce is Gronk. We're only 3 comparisons away from this guy being one of the most dominant forces ever seen on a football field!

• Haha 4

there were plenty in here giving me & ol' @BeastOfTheLeast grief for DARING to question this cat's involvement with a full casting call of Titan pass catchers on board - but looks like some choice posts got vanquisehed.  hmmm. 

anyways, Firkser outscored him today.  

FIRKSER. 

🤔

Corey Davis had himself a day. 

the early season vacated targets are no longer up for grabs - the cavalry have arrived, and they are taking precedent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

there were plenty in here giving me & ol' @BeastOfTheLeast grief for DARING to question this cat's involvement with a full casting call of Titan pass catchers on board - but looks like some choice posts got vanquisehed.  hmmm. 

FIRKSER. 

🤔

the early season vacated targets are no longer up for grabs - the cavalry have arrived, and they are taking precedent. 

Yup, Tannehill doing his best russell wilson impression. #LetRyanCook. Tannehill spreading the love around so Jonnu not getting as much love per game, drops him to boom or bust.

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yup, Tannehill doing his best russell wilson impression. #LetRyanCook. Tannehill spreading the love around so Jonnu not getting as much love per game, drops him to boom or bust.

🤷‍♂️

yep. 

It's been brutal past few weeks ... no injury excuses today. 

52 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

FIRKSER. 

🤔

You guys nailed it for sure. The people who argued against it probably wont be back in here to admit it however lol.

Edit: wait those posts were deleted forreal!! lmao. If they are doing stealth delete then they will not be back until he has a boom week 

Edited by Guwop
  • Thanks 2

Welp, I need him now with my Kittle banged up.

Will be the first to admit I thought he'd smash in that matchup. Nope.

A positive: TN faces CHI at home. CHI is lock down against WRs, but pretty mediocre against TEs if you look at SOS data. If TN wants to win that game, they need to scheme him in. And if Humphries doesn't clear protocol that could be one less mouth to feed.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:27 AM, kyoun1e said:

Wish I didn't own him...so I could buy him even lower off of people in this thread before this week's game against Cinci because...

...Cinci has given up 6 TDs to TEs in the last 3 games.

update?

i wouldn't trade my kicker for him right now ... 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

update?

i wouldn't trade my kicker for him right now ... 

What a surprise that fire is drawn from you a second after I post.

My above post speaks for itself. It's Jonnu time unless I feel like a waiver wire guy has a better matchup.

I'm not going to wring my hands or lose sleep over it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

What a surprise that fire is drawn from you a second after I post.

My above post speaks for itself. It's Jonnu time unless I feel like a waiver wire guy has a better matchup.

I'm not going to wring my hands or lose sleep over it.

look, everyone makes bad calls - ya know?

but it was the condescending hubris of you and others that was so ridiculous ...

"CHILL"

"I'D BUY HIM NOW"

😅

good luck waiting on the next TD ... AJ is an absolute beast, and Davis is capable enuff. 

plus the King Hendry always gets his ... right?

the facts were laid out prior to this CINCY SMASH SPOT:

- AJ & DAVIS BACK AND HEALTHY RENDER THIS CAT A BORDERLINE DROP -

Firkser outscored him, dude .... FIRKSER. 

so, you still buying?

he's all-time low, atm ... put the coin where the piehole is. 

😅

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1

Count me in as officially worried. Only thing I can think of is he's not 100%, but I haven't seen any Titans' games so it's hard to say. What really worries me in this last game is his low usage despite the Titans' playing from behind....it's not like they were up 3 scores and they were just trying to burn clock. Not good fellas, not good.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

look, everyone makes bad calls - ya know?

but it was the condescending hubris of you and others that was so ridiculous ...

"CHILL"

"I'D BUY HIM NOW"

😅

good luck waiting on the next TD ... AJ is an absolute beast, and Davis is capable enuff. 

plus the King Hendry always gets his ... right?

the facts were laid out prior to this CUNCY SMASH SPOT:

- AJ & DAVIS BACK AND HEALTHY RENDER THIS CAT A BORDERLINE DROP -

Firkser outscored him, dude .... FIRKSER. 

so, you still buying?

he's all-time low, atm ... put the coin where the piehole is. 

😅

Legit concerns were surfaced previously and frankly, I must now address. Didn't have to previously, but now have to minus Kittle.

Will be looking at this all week vs. other options. 

Right now, the matchup doesn't look too bad vs CHI. That said, will be exploring other options.

You win some you lose some. It may very well be that this is a concerning negative trend that fails to reverse. It may not. Time will tell. 

• Like 1
Just now, kyoun1e said:

Legit concerns were surfaced previously and frankly, I must now address. Didn't have to previously, but now have to minus Kittle.

Will be looking at this all week vs. other options. 

Right now, the matchup doesn't look too bad vs CHI. That said, will be exploring other options.

You win some you lose some. It may very well be that this is a concerning negative trend that fails to reverse. It may not. Time will tell. 

👍

i'm as pissed and disappointed as anyone ... i was lulled by the early season success, we all were. 

but it was clearly not sustainable given the returns of the more targeted WRs. 

i don't wanna give up on him any more than the next guy - it blows shifting gears this late in the season, but there are more attractive options emerging ... time to cut bait, i'm afraid - dunno if i can afford to pray for rain vs the Bears, regardless of them being weaker vs the position. 

i'll see who i can snag, otherwise i have no choice.

gl to you all 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Disappointing. Certainly isn't a talent issue but that won't matter much if the ball isn't being thrown to him. Silver lining is they lost the last two weeks so perhaps the coaching staff will look at what they've been doing and try to get him more involved. 

The problem is it looks like nothing has changed since last year in terms of them utilizing him. I think we just got lured into his early success with their injuries at WR to think that they actually decided to keep him a focal point of their passing offense. With everyone healthy, I think he's now just a TD dependent low-end TE1/high-end TE2 like so many other people in that tier. Which is frustrating because he's clearly got the talent to be elite.