Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Jonnu sees Firsker ball out.

Love the talent of Jonnu Smith - unsure of the opportunity. Dude is a freak athlete - 93rd percentile SPARQ score, 100th percentile breakout age, 92nd percentile college dominator rating.  So the

I'm here to say that I started this forum and I hope you all listened. Congrats if you did.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, P.A.7 said:

Anyone taking another chance on him this week against Chicago? Cook just had a solid game against them but their defense is legit. Seems Jonnu has a tough schedule these next 4 games

not much choice, I’m gonna keep trotting him out and hope they look to feature him again. 

Anyone starting him?

Chicago seems like more of a neutral to positive matchup.

Some data for CHI against TEs:

* J. Cook: 5-51-1

* Rams TEs: 7-75-1

* CAR TEs: Zippo, but they don't target them.

* TB TEs: 9-105-0

* E. Engram: 6-65-0

* TJ Hockinson: 5-56-1

If CHI locks up AJ and C. Davis, could be time for Jonnu to awaken.

12 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Anyone starting him?

Chicago seems like more of a neutral to positive matchup.

Some data for CHI against TEs:

* J. Cook: 5-51-1

* Rams TEs: 7-75-1

* CAR TEs: Zippo, but they don't target them.

* TB TEs: 9-105-0

* E. Engram: 6-65-0

* TJ Hockinson: 5-56-1

If CHI locks up AJ and C. Davis, could be time for Jonnu to awaken.

Yes, but not really by choice.  I planned to start Hurst over Jonnu.  Due to byes/injuries I'll need to flex Jonnu too.

1 hour ago, blazehound said:

I’ve got no other alternative. Firing him up! 5 catches for 52 yards and a tuddie!

That would tie his season high for catches, so that's probably the best case scenario. Humphries is out, so it's certainly possible. Regardless, it seems like he's going to be a TD dependent play from here on out, instead of the breakout star some had hoped he would become. 

Edited by ajs723
On 11/3/2020 at 5:57 PM, jpark211 said:

I think this may be the last week I start him. The return of AJB and Corey Davis doesn't help his targets. One good thing is that Humpries may be out.

Same, but they play next week on TNF and I'm a sucker for starting players I can watch in primetime so perhaps one more week LOL.

Tough call on Jonnu this week/going forward.  He had a TD last week, but on just two catches that came on back to back plays on TEN’s last drive of the game.  The volume has totally evaporated with the return of Brown and Davis, and perhaps the loss of Lewan is playing a larger role than expected.

Gets a tough TNF matchup this week with IND, who hasn’t given up a TE TD all season.   That said, the alternative is waiver trash like Reed, Tonyan, Graham, etc. Bleh. 

1 minute ago, LSUtiger said:

Tough call on Jonnu this week/going forward.  He had a TD last week, but on just two catches that came on back to back plays on TEN’s last drive of the game.  The volume has totally evaporated with the return of Brown and Davis, and perhaps the loss of Lewan is playing a larger role than expected.

Gets a tough TNF matchup this week with IND, who hasn’t given up a TE TD all season.   That said, the alternative is waiver trash like Reed, Tonyan, Graham, etc. Bleh. 

Yup and the schedule of Indy, Balt, Indy isn't promising.

Tempted to drop prior to the Thursday night game. Definitely sitting.

I dropped this morning. Jonnu has ind, bal, ind his next three games....no thanks. And as others have correctly pointed out, volume is gone. Until garbage time last week, firkser had more targets, let alone davis and brown. And that's not new either, firkser has been a thing for a month now. Really dont know what happened, but jonnu cant be trusted at all. We got bailed out by the td last week, take the money and run

Look for hooper, who might be there after bye week/surgery. He was playing well before and now they dont have obj. Hooper could be a steal for guys on the derailed Jonnu train

1 minute ago, ThunderDan said:

I dropped this morning. Jonnu has ind, bal, ind his next three games....no thanks. And as others have correctly pointed out, volume is gone. Until garbage time last week, firkser had more targets, let alone davis and brown. And that's not new either, firkser has been a thing for a month now. Really dont know what happened, but jonnu cant be trusted at all. We got bailed out by the td last week, take the money and run

Look for hooper, who might be there after bye week/surgery. He was playing well before and now they dont have obj. Hooper could be a steal for guys on the derailed Jonnu train

Precisely my move. Jonnu dropped for Hooper.

Just now, panthersfan75 said:

Made the exact same move. Can't trust Jonnu with his low volume of targets and take a look at Hooper's upcoming schedule and their ranks against TE's.

Really unfortunate as Jonnu is an exceptional athlete. But honestly the only reliable pass catcher (for fantasy) on the team is Brown and that's only because he's a crazy efficient stud muffin.

Jonnu is like Mark Andrews with a lower ceiling. Just not startable.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Really unfortunate as Jonnu is an exceptional athlete. But honestly the only reliable pass catcher (for fantasy) on the team is Brown and that's only because he's a crazy efficient stud muffin.

Jonnu is like Mark Andrews with a lower ceiling. Just not startable.

Mark Andrews is in another tier entirely. Jonnu is basically Darren Fells right now. Few catches and hope for a TD. 

It really comes down to Arthur Smith getting his act together and scheming targets to Jonnu and making him a focal point again--like when he was healthy and they were racking up points/wins. Indy is not an ideal matchup, but if they make him a major part of the gameplan, no LB or safety is gonna shut him down. Beyond the colts 2x in next 3, the rest of the schedule is not concerning in the least.

Thursday night game too, no thanks.

For those who need a good pivot, I scooped up Gesucki off the waivers. 

Yes, he’s been terrible in the past. But

Preston Williams just hit IR, & the chemistry with Tua is slowly progressing. 

His last game 70% snaps, 2nd highest of the season. 

Stock is rising, take a chance folks.

However still holding onto to Jonnu, for now. 

He can go off, if one of AJ Brown or Corey Davis doesn’t suit up.

40 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Mark Andrews is in another tier entirely. Jonnu is basically Darren Fells right now. Few catches and hope for a TD. 

As a Mark Andrews owner I disagree lol. They've both had 3 good games all year. At least Jonnu got a TD last week,