I knew we were in for a strange start this year, but this was atrocious to watch. Wentz just unraveled More and more as the game went on. It looked as though they never played together. 
As for Scott, he’s not a starting running back inmho, he’s more of a pass catching back. That being said, the plan was not tailored to his strengths by getting him open and tossing the ball more often

1 hour ago, Kilo said:

I also watched the game and agree.  I actually don't think Scott was garbage - he wasn't great but not total garbage.  IMO, they didn't play to his skills in the passing game.  He's not an up the middle power rusher but rather a scat back like Sproles.  They didn't use him much in that role today.

Yeah, exactly. The Wash D line looks legit AF, and the game plan was bad. Scott himself actually looked ok.

I'm not saying you absolutely need to hold this dude, but personally I have other turkeys on my bench I'd rather move on from and wait to see if Philly can get it figured out a little bit.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Ok but did he get injured?

He left the game briefly but came back later.  Not sure what happened.

43 minutes ago, Kilo said:

He left the game briefly but came back later.  Not sure what happened.

Probably had to poo

For every Chase Edmonds and Latavius Murray who fill in and play like superstars for a week or 2 there are six of these backup RB's, who people go crazy over and they fall flat. I get it that volume is King in FF but I think sometimes people overreact, some of the names people were starting him over seemed a bit excessive. 

Sanders handcuff is probably all we have here going forward in 12 teamers.

• Like 1

He's been dropped in my league (12 team .5 ppr) and I imagine he's been dropped in some others. Anyone interesting in scooping? Can we not see past a lousy week 1 from the entire team?

It was assumed (and said by Pederson) that the Eagles backfield could be more of a committee than we realize. I don't think this has changed. And yes, the argument here is whether he has standalone value (receptions, committee work) or he's merely a handcuff.

9 minutes ago, leebattle said:

He's been dropped in my league (12 team .5 ppr) and I imagine he's been dropped in some others. Anyone interesting in scooping? Can we not see past a lousy week 1 from the entire team?

It was assumed (and said by Pederson) that the Eagles backfield could be more of a committee than we realize. I don't think this has changed. And yes, the argument here is whether he has standalone value (receptions, committee work) or he's merely a handcuff.

Just wait to see what happens this week when Sanders returns. Anything else is utter speculation. I doubt he ends up being all that valuable though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, leebattle said:

When did he say that?  Prior to injury he is on record saying "Miles is our guy", nothing about any committee or splitting touches came out that I've seen except in reference to Sanders being eased in a bit because of injury.  Plus at the end of last year Sanders was consistently logging 80%+ snap counts per game at the end of the year.  Unless you want to handcuff Sanders or your league has so many bench spots that no one available is better, there's no point keeping Scott once Sanders is back.

Miles if their guy. Boston Scott is not. It is going to be a messy backfield without Sanders healthy. Not sure any of the RB's have much standalone value with Sanders injured.

Scott has stand alone value in the sproles role.

He isn't going to be the starter unless Miles is still hurt but he will return good flex value in a smaller role with sanders healthy

So all the talking heads and the twitter people saying that "Boston Scott should be at the top of your waiver claim".

Uh, have all these writers forgotten week 1 when Sanders was out?

This dude fell flat on his face with 9 carries for 35 and 2 catches for 19.  Not exactly Earth shattering.  And he shared time with Corey Clement, who was 6 for 19 and 2 for 2.

Great Scott, he's just not that good.  Or more so, the Eagles aren't as good as they were last year.  I'll probably try to add as a Miles owner, but the guy certainly won't be starting for me.

11 minutes ago, CooL said:

So all the talking heads and the twitter people saying that "Boston Scott should be at the top of your waiver claim".

Uh, have all these writers forgotten week 1 when Sanders was out?

This dude fell flat on his face with 9 carries for 35 and 2 catches for 19.  Not exactly Earth shattering.  And he shared time with Corey Clement, who was 6 for 19 and 2 for 2.

Great Scott, he's just not that good.  Or more so, the Eagles aren't as good as they were last year.  I'll probably try to add as a Miles owner, but the guy certainly won't be starting for me.

Go take a look last year when he was a one man fantasy wrecking machine against the Giants. He's worth grabbing.

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Go take a look last year when he was a one man fantasy wrecking machine against the Giants. He's worth grabbing.

They had a better OLine last year.

I'm a boston scott trigger but that game he got the start was ugly, in surprised he does not get more dumpoffs out of the backfield but I'd temper expectations if I had to start him.

[...]

I'm not putting a waiver claim on him. Not worth it

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

31 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Yes, as I said, the Eagles just aren't that good this year.

24 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They had a better OLine last year.

I'm a boston scott trigger but that game he got the start was ugly, in surprised he does not get more dumpoffs out of the backfield but I'd temper expectations if I had to start him.

Those of us that him rostered in the preseason and also owned Miles were thinking we were geniuses.  Plug and play, he got put in week 1 and came out with egg on his face.  Couldn't have been worse.  So we are going to have recency bias, will pass on him, the league patsy will pick him up, and he'll go off for 24 points.  Because that's fantasy...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chippa said:

[...]

I'm not putting a waiver claim on him. Not worth it

8 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hard pass.

Never again.

I'll save myself that week or two of headache by starting someone else, until Sanders gets back. 

If Scott played this last game instead of Miles, he would've netted half the yards. Of that I have no doubt 

Eagles are just bad right now ... but Sanders is an elite RB.

Boston Scott is an average running back at best. + Clement will get his too, or more who knows. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

I started Boston Scott during Miles' previous injury stent.  Even if I didn't have better options on my team, I'd avoid him so as to not get burnt again.

I dropped Scott after week 1 so I agree with everyone that Scott is not a direct replacement for Miles as Scott would be in a committee with Clement.  But, week 1 was against a tough WAS D.  The Giants are an easier matchup so maybe Scott in this matchup will produce a respectable game. 

I bought into the Mattison hype this past week and he laid a dud.  So, I don't think I'm going to bother making a claim for Scott.  I also have other options.

Wouldn't burn FAB or a waiver priority on him.  He was dreadful when Sanders was out early and Clement was sprinkled in there.  Let someone else step on that land mine