timexsocialclub

Courtland Sutton 2020 Outlook

Just now, Evincar said:

Elway/Fangio must have been asleep at the wheel when picking Hamler over Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland.

Thank you-  I was saying the same thing

another tiny Penn St wr who can’t catch...deja vu 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

For as many times as he's changed the strategy around QBs, his persistence on Bolles is...extremely perplexing.

Trent Williams got traded for a 5th rounder and a 3rd next year for God's sake.  That's a no brainer 

Edited by JE7HorseGod

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

For as many times as he's changed the strategy around QBs, his persistence on Bolles is...extremely perplexing.

Trent Williams got traded for a 5th rounder for God's sake. 

I know- it’s maddening.  Imagine if he just took Sutton and Jeudy and left the later picks for Olinemen.    Might have a franchise tackle by now 

• Like 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

I know- it’s maddening.  Imagine if he just took Sutton and Jeudy and left the later picks for Olinemen.    Might have a franchise tackle by now 

He needs to call Zimmerman and have the old buddy give him a reality check.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Elway/Fangio must have been asleep at the wheel when picking Hamler over Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland.

Hmmm...maybe Cleveland but not sure at all about Jones.  You can always count cavils with a draft, but this was perhaps Elway’s best.

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Can’t catch?  Yikes!

Posted (edited)

Like the talent & he had a very good 2nd season last year.

However, last year’s 1st RD pick Fant was waiting to break-out & then the team went ahead & used their 2020 1st & 2nd round picks at WR. They also added the top FA RB in Gordon.

I’m not sure if another ascending player had more talent added to their roster to compete for touches than Sutton.  For that reason, he’s a pass for me at his current ADP.

Edited by J.T. Marlin
  • Like 1

Always loved the talent and targeted him in my dynasty startup last year. 

Sutton produced just fine with Sanders in town. I think Jeudy fills that role, while Hamler is just a field stretcher.

Fant breaking out is a bit of a wild card though that could affect Sutton. I think he can do just fine with the rookie WRs though

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, Evincar said:

One of the dumbest picks in the entire draft that got overshadowed by the Eagles and Packers. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, mocha4313 said:

Always loved the talent and targeted him in my dynasty startup last year. 

Sutton produced just fine with Sanders in town. I think Jeudy fills that role, while Hamler is just a field stretcher.

Fant breaking out is a bit of a wild card though that could affect Sutton. I think he can do just fine with the rookie WRs though

I would’ve felt more comfortable with picking Sutton if he had managed to play more effectively with Lock - he finished at WR38 or lower in games played with him versus demonstrating a high floor with Flacco and his playing style.  Of course, it’s way too early to assume that will be the case moving forward, for a variety of reasons.  And Sutton is the unquestioned primary target on a pass-first team with multiple options to draw coverage and open up windows now.

• Like 1

Just now, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

Thoughts on Sutton this year? Where are ya'll drafting him?

S T U D

drafted him 4th round last night. He’s just demolishing at broncos camp right now. I’d put him around 85-1300-8 this year. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

I would wait until round 5 which means I probably am not going to own him in any leagues. Love the talent, hate the target share and QB. 

19 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

S T U D

drafted him 4th round last night. He’s just demolishing at broncos camp right now. I’d put him around 85-1300-8 this year. 

He's totally being sleeped on...I expect 25% more output and he makes the leap into the WR1 tier this year. Rookies coming into the league and onto the roster should help with attention and coverage, and Gordon should also help with coming out of the backfield. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's totally being sleeped on...I expect 25% more output and he makes the leap into the WR1 tier this year. Rookies coming into the league and onto the roster should help with attention and coverage, and Gordon should also help with coming out of the backfield. 

If you’re on Reddit or look on YouTube at the broncos camp he’s been a one man army with lock targeting him early and often. I know it’s just camp, but I think this guy finishes inside the top 7 WR’s. Big big season incoming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2020 at 3:52 PM, ChefCurryWitDaPot said:

Got him at the 7-8 round turn in the ten spot in a ten team league.

9 hours ago, NInsko said:

Got him at the 7-8 round turn in the ten spot in a ten team league.

Lol robbery. Top 12 WR this year, probably even higher. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I double checked my draft, 30th WR taken. I'll be happy with top 20.

Edited by NInsko

7 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I ask respectfully what gives you that idea? He was really bad with Lock last year and all that has happened is they added more targets. Gordon is a great pass catcher out of the backfield, Jeudy is as NFL ready as any rookie WR can be and Fant will take a big step forward in year two. Again, I think based on talent Sutton is a top 10 guy. But in a low volume offense with lots of mouths to feed he is more like a WR3 with WR2 upside at best imo. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I ask respectfully what gives you that idea? He was really bad with Lock last year and all that has happened is they added more targets. Gordon is a great pass catcher out of the backfield, Jeudy is as NFL ready as any rookie WR can be and Fant will take a big step forward in year two. Again, I think based on talent Sutton is a top 10 guy. But in a low volume offense with lots of mouths to feed he is more like a WR3 with WR2 upside at best imo. 

I think a lot of that is going to help him more then hurt him. Target share will drop a little, but higher quality looks, and lock has been locked in on him all offseason. Also should score more touchdowns this year. Really just a gut feeling for me, I think he enters WR1 conversation this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

He finished at #17WR in standard Last year and was within 15 points AJ Brown who was 10th.   6.5 points out of top 12.
Denver added Jeudy but traded E Sanders so I think Sutton can eclipse his 124 targets from last year

If Lock plays well at all it’s not far fetched for Sutton to crack top 12

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He really is built like a prototypical alpha WR1. Big, strong, fast. Reminds me of Michael Irvin. I think if Lock is effective he'll have a great season. 

• Like 1

He should be improved this year. His mix of size and skills make him a tough guy to cover. Put Jeudy on the other side and he may see less smothering coverage. His targets might stay relatively the same because Sanders just left a 100 target hole in the offense.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2

Owned him last season when he really took off - this dude is an absolute stud.  Give him a competent QB and he would put up top 3 numbers guaranteed.  He is that good and given by his ADP this season, people don’t realize how special this kid will be.

• Like 1