timexsocialclub

Courtland Sutton 2020 Outlook

Local radio guys talking like him and Hamler aren't playing already so I wouldn't hold out that much hope 

3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I'm with y'all on this.

Just sit damnit & get right, terrible matchup anyways @ PIT 

Don't need this dilemma of starting him or not .. incase he suits up. 

It's almost like the Broncos want their best offensive player on the field for their difficult match up... Crazy huh?

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

It's almost like the Broncos want their best offensive player on the field for their difficult match up... Crazy huh?

Yes Stevie. 

Sitting him this week.  Not a fan of the risk.

6 hours ago, kdko said:

Sitting him this week.  Not a fan of the risk.

Yeah me too. I guess the question is, who are you playing ahead of him? I'm going Parris Campbell, and Conner and James Robinson in the FLEX. Anyone going "lower" than that? How much risk are we willing to take?

I wouldn't start him coming off an injury against an elite dst. Sure he could have a nice game, but odds are he doesn't. I love the talent, but I'll likely try to sell after a blow-up game. Week 11 on looks pretty rough

Pitt: - 

Tampa: - underated dst

Jets: +

NE: - 

Miami: good secondary, but I'd say+

KC: + imo, but stats say -

ATL: + 

LV: +

Chargers: - 

NO: - 

KC: + imo, but stats say -

Carolina: +

Bills: -

Chargers: -

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 1

I'm starting him out of desperation if active, though I agree with those who are sitting him regardless of whether he suits up.  Big risk, I just have no better options (Kenny G and Sutton were supposed to be my 1-2 punch).   

Sit for me as well, kinda like brandon cooks in week 1, not taking any chances til he's all system go.

11 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah me too. I guess the question is, who are you playing ahead of him? I'm going Parris Campbell, and Conner and James Robinson in the FLEX. Anyone going "lower" than that? How much risk are we willing to take?

Funny..... I too have Conner/Robinson in possible flex. (But prob starting D Johnson instead.)

But right now I’m going to sit Sutton one more week.

• NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos WR Courtland Sutton (shoulder, questionable) "has a good chance to play today."

Sutton should still be a game-time decision but the news is trending positive on him. He suffered an AC joint injury that ultimately held him out of action in Week 1. He logged limited practices throughout the week. Denver desperately needs Sutton back if they want to avoid starting the year with two losses. They travel to Pittsburgh this week and will face a dominant defense. Sutton's presence on the outside will help Drew Lock in his bid to upset the Steelers. He wasn't able to get much production from his receivers in Week 1. Jerry Jeudy led all Denver wideouts with 56 yards while TE Noah Fant reached 81 yards.

Sep 20, 2020, 8:39 AM ET

•  
  • Thanks 1

Staring down some tough decisions with this guy. If he plays, what's a reasonable expectation? Is he a 10+ target guy today or do we have any clue if he can even catch a jump ball?

A couple days ago, Stephania Bell was saying that Sutton was having trouble reaching for catches to one side of his body. Against that D, I won't be starting.

28 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

Staring down some tough decisions with this guy. If he plays, what's a reasonable expectation? Is he a 10+ target guy today or do we have any clue if he can even catch a jump ball?

Like @DConny1 said, apparently at thursday's practice he could only catch with one hand on his right side, but two on the left.

I read that. To me, i was hoping it meant that he could if he wanted but didn't want to push it until he had to. Still scary interpreting it that way, I'll admit. 

1 minute ago, rigadoog said:

Like @DConny1 said, apparently at thursday's practice he could only catch with one hand on his right side, but two on the left.

I guess it depends on your head to head matchup and which WR you have to plug in if you do not have Sutton active this week.  But I am inclined to sit Sutton, as well.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I guess it depends on your head to head matchup and which WR you have to plug in if you do not have Sutton active this week.  But I am inclined to sit Sutton, as well.

Check ... 3 WR set. 
Ridley, Dionte Johnson are set. 
Tre’Quan, Lazard or Sutton . 🤦‍♂️🤬

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Check ... 3 WR set. 
Ridley, Dionte Johnson are set. 
Tre’Quan, Lazard or Sutton . 🤦‍♂️🤬

Lazard

• Like 1

And sometimes teams use big name WRs who are too hurt to actually play the position at full strength as decoys.

Detroit used to do it with Calvin Johnson when he was hurt sometimes.  Probably contributed to his decision to retire early.

Tre'Quon with no Michael Thomas might be fun.

• Like 1