Sign in to follow this  
apap414

Fair value for a 1st?

I am drafting in a brand new, initial dynasty draft upcoming and have the 13th pick in the first round (16 team league).  It is an IDP league and I am picking at the end of the 1st, so I am debating trading the pick to move back.  What would be fair value?

I am considering asking for a 2nd, 3rd and 6th for pick 1.13.  Where am I on the value scale here?

28 minutes ago, apap414 said:

I am drafting in a brand new, initial dynasty draft upcoming and have the 13th pick in the first round (16 team league).  It is an IDP league and I am picking at the end of the 1st, so I am debating trading the pick to move back.  What would be fair value?

I am considering asking for a 2nd, 3rd and 6th for pick 1.13.  Where am I on the value scale here?

Hmm. I am not that versed in trading startup picks. First thing I would ask where in those rounds do you see the picks falling? I am assuming snake format correct? Also not all that familiar with IDP, but with those pieces of information, I think I can help appropriately.

Help?

Keep you're 1st round pick and draft an elite player. 

19 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Hmm. I am not that versed in trading startup picks. First thing I would ask where in those rounds do you see the picks falling? I am assuming snake format correct? Also not all that familiar with IDP, but with those pieces of information, I think I can help appropriately.

Help?

Yes, it is a snake draft.  I won't know where the picks fall, though, until I had an offer.  I like the idea of having more picks in an IDP league because I feel it would allow me to set a lot of my offense before I go in for IDPs.

5 minutes ago, apap414 said:

Yes, it is a snake draft.  I won't know where the picks fall, though, until I had an offer.  I like the idea of having more picks in an IDP league because I feel it would allow me to set a lot of my offense before I go in for IDPs.

I see a lot of value in depth in a league that big even before the IDP factors come in. I would hold out for more (like a 5th over a 6th or an extra 9th or 10th sprinkled in) but I like the idea

• Like 1

Just now, mocha4313 said:

I see a lot of value in depth in a league that big even before the IDP factors come in. I would hold out for more (like a 5th over a 6th or an extra 9th or 10th sprinkled in) but I like the idea

I've spent over 20 years watching Bill Belichick operate 😁

46 minutes ago, apap414 said:

I've spent over 20 years watching Bill Belichick operate 😁

I’d do it, but you would need to trade with some at front end of the draft to rape them. Target the guy picking fourth in the first. Get his second and third and sixth. If third takes, great. 🤣

• Like 1

If you could get that pounce on it, in a 16 team league the 2 2nd's and 3rd's will make up for the 13th overall pick and the 2 6th's will be nice depth which other teams won't have. Not knowing where the 2nd round pick could come into play but even 32-33 I think I take.

• Like 1

You can ask, but I'm not sure what would motivate the other owner to make the trade. It might be nice to have two picks in the first round, but it would mean watching the next 40-50 players come off the board before their third pick.

• Like 1