thebadferret

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook

30 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Despite my earlier comment, I just got an offer in dynasty full ppr 1st & 2nd rounder plus Tarik Cohen.

Strongly considering it.

I accepted that same trade, except Todd Gurley instead of Cohen, yesterday. 

Edited by nine9s
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, itslarry said:

You think these dudes arent on gear?

Or it could just be the result of bad luck combined with s---y turf conditions combined with men training their bodies to the edge of what is attainable by human beings and the tendons of said bodies sometimes not being able to deal with the resulting stress and torque placed on them as a result. It might be that too. 

• Like 1

THIS is why you don't drop a top 5 pick (in real football) on a running back. You know the rules and so do I.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

THIS is why you don't drop a top 5 pick (in real football) on a running back. You know the rules and so do I.

O.K. Rick Isley. Classic

17 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Elite WRs get hurt too. In fact it just happened. I draft where the value is but I do like going WR heavy though and it's worked out fantastically for me the last few years, mainly because during the year it's easier to find RB plug & plays than WRs. Often times when a RB gets hurt his backup can provide value. Conversely, when a stud WR gets hurt usually the targets go to multiple guys and there usually isn't someone that ascends as much. 

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Elite WRs get hurt too. In fact it just happened. I draft where the value is but I do like going WR heavy though and it's worked out fantastically for me the last few years, mainly because during the year it's easier to find RB plug & plays than WRs. Often times when a RB gets hurt his backup can provide value. Conversely, when a stud WR gets hurt usually the targets go to multiple guys and there usually isn't someone that ascends as much. 

He's talking about the Giants spending the #2 pick on Quads, not in fantasy.  Suggesting that RBs take a beating, and are why you can't rely on them and why you shouldn't spend premium draft capital on them - and then proceed to quote Rick Astley.

• Like 1

Sooooooo, let's look ahead to 2021. What's his ADP looking like? Third round pick? 😆

Honestly, as a NYG fan, this is the best possible outcome for the Giants.

If he were to stay healthy all year and put up shiny box score stats on a 5-11 team, the Giants would have given this overrated, soft, injury-prone, glorified Scat Back a 5 year $80 million extension - and screwed their future on a Loser RB who can't sustain a drive if his life depended on it.

Now, the Giants do not need to pay him squat. I hope Saquon never gets a 2nd contract with the Giants. Get this guy out of New York. Sick of him and his drive-killing running style. 

Edited by PisEdiRin

1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

If he were to stay healthy all year and put up shiny box score stats on a 5-11 team, the Giants would have given this overrated, soft, injury-prone, glorified Scat Back a 5 year $80 million extension - and screwed their future on a Loser RB who can't sustain a drive if his life depended on it.

Now, the Giants do not need to pay him squat. I hope Saquon never gets a 2nd contract with the Giants. Get this guy out of New York. Sick of him.

Tell us how you really feel. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Now, the Giants do not need to pay him squat. I hope Saquon never gets a 2nd contract with the Giants. Get this guy out of New York. Sick of him and his drive-killing running style

Overrated: Saquon had one of the all-time best rookie seasons in 2018 

Soft: He came back (probably too) early from his high-ankle sprain injury last year because he wanted to get back on the field with his team

Injury Prone: Debatable, yes he was injured in back-to-back seasons but they were completely different injury types. If he is injury prone, then if anything it was because he came back too early last season and hence your soft argument is even less defensible 

Glorified scat back: Saquon is 6' 0", 235 lbs, runs a 4.40 40-yard dash, and did 29 bench reps at the combine (CEH put up 15 reps for reference). He averaged 5 yards per carry in his rookie season and 4.6 last year despite playing at <100% for a decent few of those games. Yes he catches a lot of passes, but that's not his only forte. 

Drive Killing Running Style: In 2018 he was tied for 5th in 1st downs (80 total). In 2019 he averaged 4.54 1st-downs per game, or a 16-game pace of 73, which would have put him at 12th in 1st downs. 

I tend to agree that dumping that much money into an RB makes little sense from a real football perspective, but bluntly your arguments against him (and most of the logic behind your arguments on various topics on here, even when you're accidentally correct) might be the worst that I've read in 10 years on this forum,

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Now, the Giants do not need to pay him squat. I hope Saquon never gets a 2nd contract with the Giants. Get this guy out of New York. Sick of him and his drive-killing running style. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

Tell us how you really feel. 

Don’t feed the troll

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Overrated: Saquon had one of the all-time best rookie seasons in 2018 

Soft: He came back (probably too) early from his high-ankle sprain injury last year because he wanted to get back on the field with his team

Injury Prone: Debatable, yes he was injured in back-to-back seasons but they were completely different injury types. If he is injury prone, then if anything it was because he came back too early last season and hence your soft argument is even less defensible 

Glorified scat back: Saquon is 6' 0", 235 lbs, runs a 4.40 40-yard dash, and did 29 bench reps at the combine (CEH put up 15 reps for reference). He averaged 5 yards per carry in his rookie season and 4.6 last year despite playing at <100% for a decent few of those games. Yes he catches a lot of passes, but that's not his only forte. 

Drive Killing Running Style: In 2018 he was tied for 5th in 1st downs (80 total). In 2019 he averaged 4.54 1st-downs per game, or a 16-game pace of 73, which would have put him at 12th in 1st downs. 

I tend to agree that dumping that much money into an RB makes little sense from a real football perspective, but bluntly your arguments against him (and most of the logic behind your arguments on various topics on here, even when you're accidentally correct) might be the worst that I've read in 10 years on this forum,

Saquon landing on season-ending IR was the best possible outcome for the Giants. Signing Saquon to a contract extension would have set the Giants back another 3 years.

Saquon hurt = No contract extension = Giants benefit in the long run

Not very hard to understand.

15 minutes ago, yossarian said:

spacer.png

Every word I just said...was right.

Either way, R.I.P. Saquon. NYG will NOT miss him one bit because RUNNING BACKS DO NOT MATTER IN REAL LIFE FOOTBALL.

4 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

This guy, before the injury, has to be the most over rated players in the history of fantasy and real life football

I totally agree.

1 minute ago, Funkenstein said:

I totally agree.

+1

Saquon is completely overrated.

Anyone who disagrees just doesn't understand football, and only knows how to read a box score.