thebadferret

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

So we're allowed to ignore 2018 in your cherry picked argument? His team is bottom 10 in the NFL, and offensive line bottom 5. 

Had he not been injured his averages scale to 8 touchdowns, 1300+ yards rushing, 585 yards receiving. 

He makes due with what he's dealt, which lately is **** since the Giants are terrible. 

The Giants O-Line is nowhere close to being Bottom 5. 

LT Andrew Thomas, LG Will Hernandez, and RG Kevin Zeitler are all very solid O-Linemen.

This just shows u don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The excuses for Softquan are getting tiresome. He's simply not very good.

3 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Last season:

17-66-0

17-59-0

13-1-0

14-28-0

19-64-0

18-72-1

8-10-0

He has numerous dud games. You just come in here with your opinion ( which means nothing) while i got stats

Just saying he's over rated

THIS!!!!

Exactly.

7 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

+1

Saquon is completely overrated.

Anyone who disagrees just doesn't understand football, and only knows how to read a box score.

He falls down at first contact like no other back in the league.  He actually kind of sucks.  Occasionally he breaks one but you can say that about anyone.

The hurdling is totally ridiculous.  Running like a clown is how he got hurt last year.  

I hope I never see him in a giants uni again. Let him walk.  

Edited by Funkenstein
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2014olympicgold said:

He as a player is a top RB in the league, but when he's being tackled as he's handed the ball makes his fantasy value, and value to the team too low.

He turns -8yrd plays for a normal RB to 0yrds very often.

The other way around. He turns 0 yard plays for a normal RB into -8 yard plays very often.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

The other way around. He turns 0 yard plays for a normal RB into -8 yard plays very often.

Yup. Every time.  He sucks 

Gordon just had a real solid game against pitt. Saquon last week had 85 carries for -1 yd.

Bum

1 minute ago, Funkenstein said:

He falls down at first contact like no other back in the league.  He actually kind of sucks.  Occasionally he breaks one but you can say that about anyone.

The hurdling is totally ridiculous.  Running like a cool is how he got hurt last year.  

I hope I never see him in a giants uni again. Let him walk.  

Bingo.

Real Giants fans like you and me know the deal.

1000% correct on everything u said.

Saquon goes down immediately the moment a defender lays a finger on him. Dude sucks.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Overrated: Saquon had one of the all-time best rookie seasons in 2018 

Soft: He came back (probably too) early from his high-ankle sprain injury last year because he wanted to get back on the field with his team

Injury Prone: Debatable, yes he was injured in back-to-back seasons but they were completely different injury types. If he is injury prone, then if anything it was because he came back too early last season and hence your soft argument is even less defensible 

Glorified scat back: Saquon is 6' 0", 235 lbs, runs a 4.40 40-yard dash, and did 29 bench reps at the combine (CEH put up 15 reps for reference). He averaged 5 yards per carry in his rookie season and 4.6 last year despite playing at <100% for a decent few of those games. Yes he catches a lot of passes, but that's not his only forte. 

Drive Killing Running Style: In 2018 he was tied for 5th in 1st downs (80 total). In 2019 he averaged 4.54 1st-downs per game, or a 16-game pace of 73, which would have put him at 12th in 1st downs. 

I tend to agree that dumping that much money into an RB makes little sense from a real football perspective, but bluntly your arguments against him (and most of the logic behind your arguments on various topics on here, even when you're accidentally correct) might be the worst that I've read in 10 years on this forum,

Yeah...pretty dumb to call him soft after he beat the most optimistic time table for returning last year and played on a busted wheel. 

Also dumb to say the guy wasn't a top tier RB in real football. No RB could sustain drives behind this OL while being by far the primary concern of defenses. 

Just now, PisEdiRin said:

Bingo.

Real Giants fans like you and me know the deal.

1000% correct on everything u said.

Saquon goes down immediately the moment a defender lays a finger on him. Dude sucks.

I'm not even a giants fan but I live here And I watch the games.  Last week was so putrid to watch after all the off-season hype.  

At the end of the day it was same old Saquon.

• Like 1

Just now, Funkenstein said:

Gordon just had a real solid game against pitt. Saquon last week had 85 carries for -1 yd.

Bum

Exactly.

Us Giants fans who watch Saquon every game can clearly see that he is extremely overrated.

The ones who disagree are not Giants fans who watch him every game. They just read his box score at the end of the game.

Despite his very formidable talent, the injury train keeps coming, probably because he’s always trying to take on too much, do too much.

There is an art to absorbing contact and avoiding the mechanisms of injury. Never possible to avoid completely, but some guys have it and some guys don’t.

He don’t.

This does not make him “soft,” but it does make him injury prone af

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Bum

Lulz. I'd love to see what Gordon would put up getting hit immediately on every handoff behind the dumpster clown fire show that was the NYG OL against Pitt. 

If you watched that Pitt game and put the lack of production on Barkley... I don't even know what to say. 

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

Despite his very formidable talent, the injury train keeps coming, probably because he’s always trying to take on too much, do too much.

There is an art to absorbing contact and avoiding the mechanisms of injury. Never possible to avoid completely, but some guys have it and some guys don’t.

He don’t.

That's not what makes him soft.

What makes him soft, is the fact that he immediately goes down the moment a defender lays a finger on him.

4 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

Lulz. I'd love to see what Gordon would put up getting hit immediately on every handoff behind the dumpster clown fire show that was the NYG OL against Pitt. 

If you watched that Pitt game and put the lack of production on Barkley... I don't even know what to say. 

I don't understand why people are making excuses for him. His play was TERRIBLE last week.  And that wasn't the first game he has had like that.  Dude has no football sense whatsoever. 

Can't put it all on the o-line.  At some point you need to hold the player accountable for sucking at football. 

Edited by Funkenstein
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drewfus said:

So the Denver Broncos have an O-Line of world beaters? Is that what you're saying? Who are the All-Pro's on Denver's O-Line, genius?

Do u not realize how much easier it is for an OL to block for a downhill runner like Gordon? Gordon is a better RB than Saquon. Unlike Saquon, Gordon takes the handoff and explodes through the hole without waiting, waiting, waiting...5 yards deep in the backfield, like Saquon does.

2 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I don't understand why people are making excuses for him. His play was TERRIBLE last week.  And that wasn't the first game he has had like that.  Dude has no football sense whatsoever. 

Can't put it all on the o-line.  At some point you need to hold the player accountable for sucking at football. 

He got hit and swarmed immediately after nearly every handoff. You expect him to break multiple tackles without any momentum or speed? I think you Giants fans have unrealistic expectations of him. 

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

He don’t.

Giants don't have a great qb, no great we, sub par talent o line, new head coach, paid 100 mil to Odell only to ship him off to Cleveland

Eli and Odell played a large part in his success the first year, he's basically the only star player they have on offense..... Period, he isn't Barry sanders nor is it the 90s, I'm not a giants fan but overall that team is garbage outside of Barkley, and they also have the injury bug, no one on this football team can stay healthy....

2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

So the Denver Broncos have an O-Line of world beaters? Is that what you're saying? Who are the All-Pro's on Denver's O-Line, genius?

Do u not realize how much easier it is for an OL to block for a downhill runner like Gordon? Gordon is a better RB than Saquon. Unlike Saquon, Gordon takes the handoff and explodes through the hole without waiting, waiting, waiting...5 yards deep in the backfield, like Saquon does.

I'm not saying that. Are you saying Gordon got hit in the backfield on almost every carry like Saquon against the Steelers? If not, then the comparison is ridiculous. 

I don't recall Barkley looking tentative whatsoever against Pitt. Maybe on a run or 2. Most of the time he had absolutely nowhere to go. 

1 minute ago, Drewfus said:

He got hit and swarmed immediately after nearly every handoff. You expect him to break multiple tackles without any momentum or speed? I think you Giants fans have unrealistic expectations of him. 

It was a freak injury, and his knee bent awkwardly, he'll be back next season in the third or fourth round

10 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

LOL.   That's a funny as f thought.    I'd love to see that as well. 

3 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Last season:

17-66-0

17-59-0

13-1-0

14-28-0

19-64-0

18-72-1

8-10-0

He has numerous dud games. You just come in here with your opinion ( which means nothing) while i got stats

Just saying he's over rated

15 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

THIS!!!!

Exactly.

Listing the rushing lines without the receiving lines is a pretty moronic abuse of "stats" though. Here's another "terrible" running back the last couple seasons:

8-37-0

8-20-0

17-58-0

7-29-0

13-53-0

15-53-0

16-37-0

22-31-1

22-64-1

14-44-0

13-54-0

9-26-1

Man, I'd sure hate to have had Christian McCaffrey the last couple seasons based on that logic...

🤦

• Like 1

Giants are idiots for drafting him at 2 when they had some many other holes. He has not lived up to that pick but I don't think it's entirely his fault. Last year the QB play and blocking were atrocious. This year the first game he was met in the backfield a number of times. I did not watch yesterdays game but they line was really bad game 1. I do believe he is the most talented RB in the league, I don't think he was worth the number 2 pick for that team. It's very possible that if he was drafted by a better situation the same people calling him overrated might be calling him underrated as he would have lower expectations and have better results. 

Ashamed to be a Giants fan with all the delusional Saquon haters in here. Definitely keeping these posters in mind as posters to never take advice from. Love the forums but man can they go bad sometimes just like this 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 5