thebadferret

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Exactly.

Us Giants fans who watch Saquon every game can clearly see that he is extremely overrated.

The ones who disagree are not Giants fans who watch him every game. They just read his box score at the end of the game.

Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.  But with as crappy as the Giants were, it didn't make a lot of sense to take Barkley in the 1st.   There isn't any RB in the world that can overcome that crappiness. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

He got hit and swarmed immediately after nearly every handoff. You expect him to break multiple tackles without any momentum or speed? I think you Giants fans have unrealistic expectations of him. 

I'm not a giants fan 

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.  But with as crappy as the Giants were, it didn't make a lot of sense to take Barkley in the 1st.   There isn't any RB in the world that can overcome that crappiness. 

Why am I not surprised to see PisEdiRin in here claiming Barkley is overrated, just after he suffers a season ending injury and can't be proven wrong. 

Please just block him, people. He's a moron. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Mistake after mistake after mistake has put them in this situation with sub par talent all around that team, so many holes all around,

Dont know where it started but paying Odell all that money most definitely set them back, and getting bark early will def set them back as well

This situation reminds me of the saints wasting all there draft picks on ricky Williams, that team had no one outside of williams

Clearly not the same thing but he has no talent around to take the pressure off 

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

One thing these guys are right about, is Saquon is not a great drive sustaining RB or whatever you'd want to call.  He does try and line up the big run at the risk of no gain rather than taking the 4 yard gain (I bet if someone took the variance his runs and compared it to other RBs in the league, his would be near the top).  That's always been a drawback of his.  But no question he's an elite talent.  Once he gets some support and is able to pick his spots better, he will have the numbers to match his talent.  It would be a shame if he became a "what if".

Edited by Illusion_J
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Listing the rushing lines without the receiving lines is a pretty moronic abuse of "stats" though. Here's another "terrible" running back the last couple seasons:

8-37-0

8-20-0

17-58-0

7-29-0

13-53-0

15-53-0

16-37-0

22-31-1

22-64-1

14-44-0

13-54-0

9-26-1

Man, I'd sure hate to have had Christian McCaffrey the last couple seasons based on that logic...

🤦

You forgot to include his receiving numbers which are pretty much 70+ yards in all those games

2019 - cmc 1000+ yards receiving

2019 - barkley - 400 yards receiving

Edited by phegotgame14
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

One thing these guys are right about, is Saquon is not a great drive sustaining RB or whatever you'd want to call.  He does try and line up the big run at the risk of no gain rather than taking the 4 yard gain.  That's always been a drawback of his.  But no question he's an elite talent.  Once he gets some support and is able to pick his spots better, he will have the numbers to match his talent.  It would be a shame if he became a "what if".

Not a wholly unreasonable tactic when you're pretty much the only big play weapon on a team that isn't great at sustaining drives in general. Has he fallen in love with the big play a bit too much and cost his team yards? Sure, but I can understand why. I'm also sure he's broken big plays that he wouldn't have if he were more conservative. 

Edited by Drewfus

This thread will be locked by end of day, I predict...

I'm not a frequent poster but PsiEdiRin writes as if everything he says is 100% incontrovertible fact, which is comical. Everyone's going to be wrong a lot and to think your view is rock solid all the time shows a lack of perspective.

On Barkley, this injury sucks. I'm not a Giants fan but I've always been a fan of great RBs and I hope he will bounce back from this. He would be well-served to adjust his playing style to be less reckless, but he's a true do-it-all guy - he reminds me of a bigger, more powerful Barry Sanders (PsiEdiRin probably hated him too, bc of his boom/bust nature). Here's to hoping he returns 100% healthy and we all get to enjoy watching him have a great career. Dude seems like a standup guy all around, how do you not root for him?

Also, the way this thread has gotten derailed is exactly why NFL players have that "eff your fantasy team" attitude, and I don't blame them.

Edited by trilly
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

If he were to stay healthy all year and put up shiny box score stats on a 5-11 team, the Giants would have given this overrated, soft, injury-prone, glorified Scat Back a 5 year $80 million extension - and screwed their future on a Loser RB who can't sustain a drive if his life depended on it.

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Saquon landing on season-ending IR was the best possible outcome for the Giants

54 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Yup. Every time.  He sucks 

Gordon just had a real solid game against pitt. Saquon last week had 85 carries for -1 yd.

Bum

55 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

He falls down at first contact like no other back in the league.  He actually kind of sucks.  Occasionally he breaks one but you can say that about anyone.

a7d.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

In his rookie season Barkley put up over 2,000 yards and averaged 5 YPC. He also put up 15 TDs. In his second season he was on pace for 1,750 yards and double digit TDs while averaging 4.6 YPC on a bad offense where he was basically the only thing the defense had to worry about running behind a bad line.

Yet... He isn't good? The words I have to describe posters who think that would probably get me banned from this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poe's law abound ITT. I can't tell if some of these folks are trolling people or are serious..... You would have to be a pretty big dumba** to believe some of this stuff in here. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

In his rookie season Barkley put up over 2,000 yards and averaged 5 YPC. He also put up 15 TDs. In his second season he was on pace for 1,750 yards and double digit TDs while averaging 4.6 YPC on a bad offense where he was basically the only thing the defense had to worry about running behind a bad line.

Yet... He isn't good? The words I have to describe posters who think that would probably get me banned from this forum.

You still do not get it.

Read my previous posts in this thread about people reading his box score stats instead of understanding down2down football.

You literally did what I said was a misleading way of judging him - Which is quote his box score stats. All you did was list his box score stats.

You are a simpleton who doesn't get it.

Edited by PisEdiRin

59 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I'm not a giants fan 

That makes your hot takes even worse. Giants fan I can at least understand being emotional and irrational right now. 

4 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You still do not get it.

Read my previous posts in this thread about people reading his box score stats instead of understanding down2down football.

You literally did what I said was a misleading way of judging him - Which is quote his box score stats. All you did was list his box score stats.

This. Is. A. Fantasy Forum.

• Like 2

PisEdiRin response to someone posting selective Saquon stats from bad games:

1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

THIS!!!!

Exactly.

Also PisEdiRin, responding to cumulative Saquon stats:

7 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You still do not get it.

11 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

This. Is. A. Fantasy Forum.

They're also conveniently ignoring the post previously where I highlighted how he had 5th most and 12th most 1st downs the last two seasons. How is that not "down2down" football?

It's like they think Saquon accidentally gets a 99 yard each game and the rest of his rushes are for 0 yards each. 

Put it this way, if a healthy Saquon was magically added to any arbitrary team in the league, is that team now better? That's a pretty simple way to assess that he's a good player.

Edited by vercrazy

22 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Ya ya we get it....David Johnson had a good year in 2016 too...I care about NOW, not what someone used to be able to do or did

Edited by phegotgame14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, phegotgame14 said:

Ya ya we get it....David Johnson had a good year in 2016 too...who cares

2 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Ya ya we get it....David Johnson had a good year in 2016 too...I care about NOW, not what someone used to be able to do or did

So saquon barkley is washed? 

I think the reason he doesn't like stats is because he doesn't like facts getting in the way of the narrative he's spun in his own head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Nowhere did I ever say that

That seemed to be the implication in your comparison to Johnson and saying that he can no longer do what he did before. 

So he was good at football 2 years ago, but just isn't anymore, although he isn't washed? I'm just trying to understand here. 

Edited by Drewfus
  • Thanks 1