thebadferret

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook

I'm buying next year, whatever his ADP. I expect it to be super low for his pedigree.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, nn4mz said:

This may be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance:

Do coaches teach ball carriers how to fall for the purposes of minimizing damage to their bodies?

I doubt most of them do.

Most worth their salt will remind players to stay low, that a straight leg is a vulnerable leg.

But guys that keep fighting through every tackle until they are subdued? They love that ****.

What they should do is have them watch footage of Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, and believe it or not Arian Foster.

Foster’s injuries never came from violent collisions, they came from repeated soft tissue injuries, which ultimately may not be avoidable for some physiologies.

This applies to QBs too. Watch Montana, Brady, Eli—those guys get/got sacked a lot, and injuries were minimal. Joe got a couple bad knockout blows towards the end, but for the duration of his career, he and those others mentioned have almost a martial arts sense of give when the impact is on them. Compare that to Aikman and Steve Young both of which tightened up and became muscle bound when the hit was on them, and both of them retired young by comparison due to concussions

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm buying next year, whatever his ADP. I expect it to be super low for his pedigree.

Wasn’t his adp 1.2? I guess a few spots down will qualify as super low. 

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Wasn’t his adp 1.2? I guess a few spots down will qualify as super low. 

He'll be 2nd round at best next year. After his last two seasons of injuries I don't think he will stay that high up. If he were to have a first round ADP it will be late and I'd still buy there. I would hope to get one of the later picks in a snake.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2

How ironic that this guy has a Hulu commercial where he has some other guy's body. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unloaded him in dynasty.

Very concerned about that offense in general and more specifically the o-line's inability to open up any real running lanes.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:52 PM, FitzMagic said:

He'll be 2nd round at best next year. After his last two seasons of injuries I don't think he will stay that high up. If he were to have a first round ADP it will be late and I'd still buy there. I would hope to get one of the later picks in a snake.

I'd bet he'll be a top 5 pick next year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

With out a doubt. He will crush his rehab, dudes a freak of an athlete. I am curious what folks are selling off for in dynasty though...I am holding tight-

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

With out a doubt. He will crush his rehab, dudes a freak of an athlete. I am curious what folks are selling off for in dynasty though...I am holding tight-

My league has unique settings and is more keeper than dynasty. Teams can keep 2 players for free and one at 2x auction price.

Traded (to tanking team): Saquon, Hunter Henry, Darius Slayton, Malcolm Brown, and Trubisky

Received (to help preserve championship aspirations this year): Chris Carson, Amari Cooper, and Joshua Kelley

Plan to keep next year (CSB): Zeke, Jonathan Taylor, and possibly Higbee for 15 or Mostert for 38 if he's still the guy in SF.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

I Bet you're right. He might start out with little to no hype but it will build up and he'll be top 5 again. He is 100% DND for me where he'll be taken. There's no arguing injury fears now. Whether he's injury prone or just takes too much contact and puts his body in awkward positions, there's legit concern. And his surrounding team and O line is atrocious. I know it's not really fair to say after 5 quarters of football but it was looking like an uphill battle for him to return top 5 value this year regardless of injury. There's probably going to be similar top end value for less risk. Early Rd 2 sounds much better than early rd 1 but I don't think that'll happen.

The dude will go top 3-4. Just look at DJ after he missed an entire season.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

The dude will go top 3-4. Just look at DJ after he missed an entire season.

Yup. Now is the time to trade for him in dynasty.

8 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Earlier in the thread a guy said he sold for a 1st, 2nd, and Gurley.

I tried to do 1st and 2nd plus Hunt or Akers and he came back with 1st, 2nd and Cohen and I held.

Figured the long game is the best bet if selling. My record and potential trade partner’s records in even a few weeks will change everyone’s thinking about what’s viable. Holding unless hit with dazzling offer. 

As Giants fan watching him play every week (well when he’s not hurt) it just always seems like he’s one play away from an injury.  The way he jumps, spins and changes directions so much on so many plays it just always seems he’s on the verge of an injury.  And that’s all without contact. 

On 9/26/2020 at 6:00 AM, timexsocialclub said:

[...] more specifically the o-line's inability to open up any real running lanes.

Beware...New Yorks O-Line is very young and needs a lacks experience playing together/at all. I expect it to be way better next year.