Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, jay2491 said:

Saquon is match up proof, my reason for taking him #1 is simply cmac has no where to go but down and saquon is still the most talented rb in football. 20 straight years the #1 fantasy player has yet to repeat but people are still saying cmac is a no Brainer. I'll always fade the guy coming off the career year. When Brady, Peyton and Mahommes all threw 50 TDs how did they do the following year? Same logic applies 

 

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but your 20 years comment is wrong. Gurley was RB1 in standard scoring in 2017 and 2018. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other 3 teams in your league are in big trouble, for sure. 

Posted Images

Sauqon has the highest floor for RBs...I'd even say this season, a higher floor than CMC, if not the same floor.

I think there's a legitimate chance that we see Barkley reel in 100 catches this year, and we could very well see a monster 2,000 APY season from Saquon.

 

PPR wise, I'd say his floor is going to be about 15 PPR points per game. And wouldn't at all surprise me to see a large handful of 30 PPR point games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was a disaster. 

 

This is one of the worst OLs I've ever seen. I can't recall an RB hit immediately after receiving the handoff this many times. 

 

Garrett also didn't use him very well or creatively. Should have run more screens as aggressive as that DL was. 

 

One of the worst matchups for Barkley, but I expected a better showing. My outlook for him, and my FF team, have taken a dive tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be fine as said.  But how fine?  Will there be a noticeable difference between him and Mostert or J. Taylor?  Maybe not.  That O-line is horrendous, maybe the worst I've seen...  He's got a golden name.  It may be best to sell high after a good performance.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

He will be fine as said. But how fine? Will there be a noticeable difference between him and Mostert or J. Taylor?  Maybe not.  That O-line is horrendous. He's got a golden name.  It may be best to sell high after a good performance.  

 

what value can someone expect in return tho. He went first round and might underperform and the asking price wont be pennies...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

He will be fine as said.  But how fine?  Will there be a noticeable difference between him and Mostert or J. Taylor?  Maybe not.  That O-line is horrendous, maybe the worst I've seen...  He's got a golden name.  It may be best to sell high after a good performance.  

Yes. Yes there will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Chill with the overreactions. Steelers defense is just that good, they 100% sold out to shut down the run. Next week will be his breakout. 

You're likely right... but I kept telling myself this for the first 2/3 of last season.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Guwop said:

 

what value can someone expect in return tho. He went first round and might underperform and the asking price wont be pennies...

 

You can get the world after a good game.  Maybe Chicago next week is it.  

 

9 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Chill with the overreactions. Steelers defense is just that good, they 100% sold out to shut down the run. Next week will be his breakout. 

 

15 carries for 6 yards. That's as bad as it gets. The Steelers defense is tough and it will most certainly get better, no doubt.  But 2nd overall pick better...I'm thinking not.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikeflavaz said:

 

You can get the world after a good game.  Maybe Chicago next week is it.  

 

 

15 carries for 6 yards. That's as bad as it gets. The Steelers defense is tough and it will most certainly get better no doubt  But, a 2nd pick overall better, probably not.  On the other hand... he does well against chicago.. you can trade him for acouple players and improve your team.  

I'm struggling to even imagine that OL I just watched getting a push and opening holes against a good defense like Chicago. 

 

Kicking myself for believing that they upgraded the OL enough to make SB my keeper. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

I'm struggling to even imagine that OL I just watched getting a push and opening holes against a good defense like Chicago. 

 

Kicking myself for believing that they upgraded the OL enough to make SB my keeper. 

AP just ran for 100 on the Bears....I think Barkley will be okay

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When you have the best bruiser RB in football, yet choose to pass the ball multiple times when it's 1'st and goal from the 3 yard line multiple times...??? That might explain why you no longer coach a good team. Putting the ball in the hands of a RC (basically) QB and an offensive o-line is inexcusable. The coaches own this game, it was as unimaginable and non-reactive as you can get! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

When you have the best bruiser RB in football, yet choose to pass the ball multiple times when it's 1'st and goal from the 3 yard line multiple times...??? That might explain why you no longer coach a good team. Putting the ball in the hands of a RC (basically) QB and an offensive o-line is inexcusable. The coaches own this game, it was as unimaginable and non-reactive as you can get! 

?? Multiple steelers were greeting Barkley at the mesh point on every single running play. I don't like Garrett and thought he should have run more screens for Saquon, but I can't fault him for throwing there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

?? Multiple steelers were greeting Barkley at the mesh point on every single running play. I don't like Garrett and thought he should have run more screens for Saquon, but I can't fault him for throwing there. 

When you have 1'st and goal from the 2-3 yard line, Barkley is you RB, and it's 2 min into the game #1... yet you throw the ball twice w/ an unproven mediocre QB... you lose games. There is no defending this decision, period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LarryChip10 said:

When you have 1'st and goal from the 2-3 yard line, Barkley is you RB, and it's 2 min into the game #1... yet you throw the ball twice w/ an unproven mediocre QB... you lose games. There is no defending this decision, period. 

I'd agree with you if they weren't going in reverse every single time they handed off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

When you have the best bruiser RB in football, yet choose to pass the ball multiple times when it's 1'st and goal from the 3 yard line multiple times...??? That might explain why you no longer coach a good team. Putting the ball in the hands of a RC (basically) QB and an offensive o-line is inexcusable. The coaches own this game, it was as unimaginable and non-reactive as you can get! 

 

Garrett just getting warmed up.

GreatPassionateBullfrog-max-1mb.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikeflavaz said:

He will be fine as said.  But how fine?  Will there be a noticeable difference between him and Mostert or J. Taylor?  Maybe not.  That O-line is horrendous, maybe the worst I've seen...  He's got a golden name.  It may be best to sell high after a good performance.  

There will be a large difference between him and those players. For one he is getting both the running and receiving back work. Those other players may get a few receptions but they'll also be pulled in obvious passing downs for other backs. He'll be fine as in the same class with Kamara, Henry, Cook, and CEH but maybe not with CMC and Elliott. Maybe he was overdrafted at #2 overall, but, if so, only because he should have been #3 or #4 overall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saquon tonight tied for the 2nd fewest yards of anyone with 15+ carries in the last 50 years. 

He averaged -.7 yards before contact. 

Trying not to overreact, but this wasn't any old one-off skunking by a top defense. This was a historic run blocking performance by the NYG OL. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

 

You can get the world after a good game.  Maybe Chicago next week is it.  

 

 

15 carries for 6 yards. That's as bad as it gets. The Steelers defense is tough and it will most certainly get better, no doubt.  But 2nd overall pick better...I'm thinking not.  

 

gonna need a few after this week unless they truly believe and you can fleece em but it's hard to count on him for selling high

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

When you have the best bruiser RB in football, yet choose to pass the ball multiple times when it's 1'st and goal from the 3 yard line multiple times...??? That might explain why you no longer coach a good team. Putting the ball in the hands of a RC (basically) QB and an offensive o-line is inexcusable. The coaches own this game, it was as unimaginable and non-reactive as you can get! 

 

Saquon is not the best bruiser in football, best RB by skill-set is fair, but not best bruiser.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...