thebadferret

Saquon Barkley 2020 Outlook

Teams are going to sell out and force Daniel Jones to beat them....why not?

It felt like you were watching the varsity defense pick on the JV offensive line.....it really was that pathetic. 3 or 4 guys were in the backfield before Barkley received the ball on virtually every single run play. As others have said, I don't remember seeing that kind of physical domination in quite awhile.

Daniel Jones actually did a decent job of attacking the defense when throwing the ball....it's just that the defense is counting on him ******** up and making a mistake (which he did twice). That goal line INT by Daniel Jones was just awful......totally changed the game.

On another note, can somebody tell Barkley to stop hurdling the defender every time he gets 10 yards down field? Seems like a lot of risk for not a lot of reward....

This was a disastrous output but he still managed to be decent in PPR even though he didn't score any touchdown (the two receptions he had in the first half showed that he still can avoid tackles like basically nobody in the NFL).

New York's O-Line is pretty new and they will need some time to adjust, the same can be said to Jason Garrett calling plays.

Saquon is a great pass catcher in the backfield and clearly the best Giants' player, he has one of the finest skillset in the league, his phisical and athletic tools are something else and this line could not be worse than tonight, I don't know wheter he could finish #2 in all formats but it's not the right time to panic in my opinion 

SB is going to have huge games this season. Hes also going to throw up some duds here and there due to being a Giant. Obv you would rather have Zeke possibly Kamara and maybe CEH. Unless you're getting one of those guys no point in moving him hes a top 5 RB.

Don't overreact to week one on the Covid Season where he play the best run defense in the league with a fresh o-line. He's the still the #2 RB.

• Like 4

can you believe this tool gets paid to peddle this swill?

BREAKING NEWS!!1!

TEAM COMMITS TO CONTINUE USING SUPERSTAR RB!!1!!11!1!

Tweeeeeeet!

no ish, Sherlock

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

can you believe this tool gets paid to peddle this swill?

BREAKING NEWS!!1!

TEAM COMMITS TO CONTINUE USING SUPERSTAR RB!!1!!11!1!

Tweeeeeeet!

no ish, Sherlock

Being a fantasy writer/commentator is a better job than being a weatherman. 

Matthew Berry is living the life. Great, easy as **** job. Good looking wife. Gets to travel. Probably gets easy tickets to sporting events. 

And he's not even good at predicting fantasy. 

Must be nice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Being a fantasy writer/commentator is a better job than being a weatherman. 

Matthew Berry is living the life. Great, easy as **** job. Good looking wife. Gets to travel. Probably gets easy tickets to sporting events. 

And he's not even good at predicting fantasy. 

Must be nice. 

i know Berry takes a ton of heat, most of it deserved - but i give him major kudos for having the sack to come out against DJax this summer - Berry's bread and butter is predicated on being cozy with the leeg and his employers, but he had zero effs to give about rocking those boats when calling out that bigoted jagoff, and he was a voice in the wilderness - but he pressed on and excoriated that imbecile for his ridiculous social mediaz forays. 

Berry won me over with his actions ...  he stood up.   i like that.  very much. 

• Like 2

Being positive here, that was the hardest matchup Barkley will get all year.  That is a scary good front the Steelers have.  Having that o-line with new pieces get more time to gel and getting away from that freakish Steelers front that was leaving 8-9 in the box will make things easier on Saquon.  It's pretty likely that's the lowest he scores all year.  If the o-line is still a turnstile in 2 weeks and if Jones hasn't played well enough to draw some defenders out of the box, then we can start to panic.  

Saquon is too talented to not produce, it's just a shame the Giants aren't giving him any help.

10 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Don't overreact to week one on the Covid Season where he play the best run defense in the league with a fresh o-line. He's the still the #2 RB.

Simple as that. Buy "low" if you can

22 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Woof. I feel bad for any teams playing against the Steelers D this year.

It’s nastyyyyy boyyyy

I can't help but think this is coaching.

I mean...I can't imagine Bill Belechik not coming in with a gameplan to negate the steeler's strengths...throw more screens on the pass rush...something to beat the defense. At the very least, make adjustments at halftime.

Barkley looks awesome when he has space. Wish I would have taken Zeke over him, but he's still the better talent. Hopefully this team figures things out. Lots of teams had issues week 1.

X

So up next he plays the Bears, who 35 year old Adrian Peterson just put up 100+ against after being on his team for 48 hours.  Surely he makes some big plays and has a good day here.

• Thanks 2

R E L A X - it is one week - the first 3 weeks for the Giants are the toughest part of the schedule. It gets a whole lot easier after that.......

2 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

So up next he plays the Bears, who 35 year old Adrian Peterson just put up 100+ against after being on his team for 48 hours.  Surely he makes some big plays and has a good day here.

35 year old AP better than Saquon on the Giants😎

• Thanks 1

Tiki ragged on him, saying he doesn't belong on the field on passing downs because he has little interest in blocking. 

Article Linky

Barkley has acknowledged, and said he accepts it as a challenge. 

🎳

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

At least another former RB has his back though

he cuts right to the chase, doesn't he ...

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Tiki ragged on him, saying he doesn't belong on the field on passing downs because he has little interest in blocking. 

Article Linky

Barkley has acknowledged, and said he accepts it as a challenge. 

🎳

Ironic because he was tied with Sony as the best pass blocking back in his draft class.

13 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

At least another former RB has his back though

Gotta get this guy in the booth. That was some cutting edge analysis.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Ironic because he was tied with Sony as the best pass blocking back in his draft class.

forward it to Tiki 🤷‍♂️

(but that film from Monday don't lie).