Boudewijn

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

Week 1 Snap %

• Claypool - 30%
  • Washington - 58%

Week 2 Snap %

• Claypool - 37%
  • Washington - 48%

Not a big uptick in snaps for Claypool (and not a big sample size) but Claypool could usurp Washington for that WR3 spot on the Steelers at some point. Juju and Diontae will still get the bulk of the targets but Claypool has that big play ability that should give him the occasional boom week (like week 2). I think Claypool could potentially be fantasy-relevant this season, as a boom-bust WR3.

• Like 4

If juju is out this week what would it do for clay pool. 

this dude seems like a stud. Makes catches a rookie shouldn’t be making and is FAST. Would claypool start if juju is not in the slot? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DValentine said:

If juju is out this week what would it do for clay pool. 

this dude seems like a stud. Makes catches a rookie shouldn’t be making and is FAST. Would claypool start if juju is not in the slot? 

I'd consider him as a WR3...Claypool is catching everything and making monster plays. 

• Thanks 1

All hail Mapletron!

love watching this dude play.  Hope he continues to get involved.  would be nice to see Big Ben funnel focus targets to the Juju, Diontae, and Chase. 

Week 1 - 31% snap share

Week 2 - 38% snap share

Week 3 - 76% snap share 👀

Plays Philly at home this weekend. Snap share has gone up every week so far.

Darius Slay will be on JuJu

He can't do worse than Scotty Miller did last night 🤣

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Week 1 - 31% snap share

Week 2 - 38% snap share

Remember that in week 3, Diontae went out early with a concussion skewing those numbers.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Week 1 - 31% snap share

Week 2 - 38% snap share

Note:  I own Claypool in a dynasty format.  The fact that Diontae was out of the game in Week 3 rather early, Claypool saw 78% of all snaps & had a grand total of............ four targets.  I know many on this thread want to accelerate this guy - he's just not at that point... yet.

54 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Remember that in week 3, Diontae went out early with a concussion skewing those numbers.

Yeah, I was more impressed with how he took over Instead of James Washington. If he has then that would be a big boost for him.

This weekend Darius Slay will likely matchup with JuJu and Slay don't play. It don't pay to target he who is covered by Slay. 

So I think Claypools size mismatch makes him an interesting dart throw this weekend vs CBs like Crevon LeBlanc, Roby-Coleman, Jalen Mills.

• Like 3

Been hoping he would get more run - hard to imagine him not being elevated to starting role after today!

Only reason he got this lvl of usage is Diontae going out with injury. Look at last week, no doubt he has earned his spot, but pump the brakes a little

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hope you have this guy on your bench, especially in a keeper/dynasty format. 

this dude has done nothing but make play after play. He’s done more with his limited time on the field than juju or Dionte. They have been raving about him since training camp. 

I think we are looking at the annual league winning player, similar to OBJ his rookie year 

• Like 1

Just now, DValentine said:

Hope you have this guy on your bench, especially in a keeper/dynasty format. 

this dude has done nothing but make play after play. He’s done more with his limited time on the field than juju or Dionte. They have been raving about him since training camp. 

I think we are looking at the annual league winning player, similar to OBJ his rookie year 

Maybe because Diontae hasnt been on the field and their run game hasnt been amazing... he's been good, but maybe a WR2

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Maybe because Diontae hasnt been on the field and their run game hasnt been amazing... he's been good, but maybe a WR2

Why are you trying to downplay what chase has done? His snap count is consistently increasing each week and he has done nothing but perform. 

if you pump the breaks you’ll miss out on him 

Edited by DValentine

4 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Only reason he got this lvl of usage is Diontae going out with injury. Look at last week, no doubt he has earned his spot, but pump the brakes a little

Def true and he was on benches for obvious reasons. But after a dominating performance like this I don't think there's any going back, genie's out of the bottle.

Edited by trilly
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trilly said:

Def true and he was on benches for obvious reasons. But after a dominating performance like this I don't think there's any going back, genie's out of the bottle.

Yeah he's not going back on the shelf after that performance. 

Just now, DValentine said:

Why are you trying to downplay what chase has done? His snap count is consistently increasing each week and he has done nothing but perform. 

Im not downplaying, Im just being realistic. His snap count has gone up because guys have gone out. He's been great, but was also wide open on a couple of his TDs when darius slay went out, Slay did not have a good game either and penalties extended the drives

This rookie is clearly a more talented receiver than Juju. He just looks so much more dynamic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im not downplaying, Im just being realistic. His snap count has gone up because guys have gone out. He's been great, but was also wide open on a couple of his TDs when darius slay went out, Slay did not have a good game either and penalties extended the drives

This dude just had a 40 point game (and he’s been good consistently when he plays) and you’re trying to downplay it 

• Like 2

For dynasty purposes, this guy's an elite stash and should've been picked up in drafts/auctions. Juju's gone this year and the Steelers have an amazing track record of homegrown WRs. I don't think many truly expected him to flash this strongly this early though.

1 minute ago, DValentine said:

This dude just had a 40 point game (and he’s been good consistently when he plays) and you’re trying to downplay it 

Im not saying he couldn't be good, he's a good player, but you would have had to watch the game to know his usage goes way up when Johnson is out of the game. He was also the only hot hand of the entire game, why would Ben not feed him? The targets were there this game, if Johnson is in, I think he will never hit this high of a ceiling, but he could be the WR1/2 in the offense

MUST ADD WR3/4 ROS

• Like 1

Have fun chasing those points all year but he needs to be on rosters