Boudewijn

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

Not sure if he's worth using my waiver or if this is just a flash in the plan. Would you say he has more value rn than say, Justin Jefferson?

Just now, ILuvABGs said:

Not sure if he's worth using my waiver or if this is just a flash in the plan. Would you say he has more value rn than say, Justin Jefferson?

Not even close. JJ has elite upside. And while I like Claypool, I don't think he's going to be consistent. Plus so many good targets on that team right now.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Not even close. JJ has elite upside. And while I like Claypool, I don't think he's going to be consistent. Plus so many good targets on that team right now.

Well that's just straight wrong 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Way off and I like/own Jefferson in several leagues.

12 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Maybe I am underestimating Claypool, I don't know. Be interesting to see what he does next week.

He’s 6’4 240 and ran a 4.42. All they talked about in camp was how smart and impressive he is. Kid is showing up when they call his number, only thing in his way is opportunity. 

• Like 3

Yeah talk about underestimating someone.   He has the ability to take it to the house every touch and Big Ben is way more of a gun slinger than Cousins.   With JuJu looking like the flash in the pan and Dionte hurt again, someone has to catch Ben's throws.   CC has every bit the upside that JJ has imo. 

If Claypool sees the same number of snaps as JJ, then he's more valuable than JJ IMO, bc Ben is a better QB and they pass more. If he remains #3 on the depth chart, JJ is more valuable this season. Both of them are awesome dynasty prospects and be glad to have either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

The new calvin johnson. Just give this dude targets.

Mapletron

• Like 3

4 hours ago, trilly said:

If Claypool sees the same number of snaps as JJ, then he's more valuable than JJ IMO, bc Ben is a better QB and they pass more. If he remains #3 on the depth chart, JJ is more valuable this season. Both of them are awesome dynasty prospects and be glad to have either.

Going into this season, lots of folks passed on Lamb b/c he was "third on the depth chart."  Don't make the same mistake with Claypool.  Talent finds a way.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Someone who may remember Martavis Bryant....

Did anyone what the game? They were attacking the weakest defender who Claypool was drawing. Anyone see Preston Williams game log. Duds until this week when they peppered him because he drew a poor defender all game. 

I also see people saying he's better than Juju and Diontae. I'll admit Juju hasn't looked great. Diontae had the best separation rate last year by quite a bit. Separation is HUGE in the NFL. He's very good. Just been getting nicked up. He may have had the blow up if he didn't leave the game. 

Claypool's a freak. So was Martavis Bryant and he was inconsistent. Ben peppers reliable route runners and it sets up guys like Claypool for some blow up games. If Johnson is out a while the ceiling looks higher for Claypool. If Johnson and Juju are both on the field the 3-30/ 0 catch days will happen more than you will want. If he didn't have the longest play from scrimage his other games were duds. 84 yards TDs are something to rely on.

Have him. Will be playing him next week if Chark is out.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Did anyone what the game? They were attacking the weakest defender who Claypool was drawing. Anyone see Preston Williams game log. Duds until this week when they peppered him because he drew a poor defender all game. 

I also see people saying he's better than Juju and Diontae. I'll admit Juju hasn't looked great. Diontae had the best separation rate last year by quite a bit. Separation is HUGE in the NFL. He's very good. Just been getting nicked up. He may have had the blow up if he didn't leave the game. 

Claypool's a freak. So was Martavis Bryant and he was inconsistent. Ben peppers reliable route runners and it sets up guys like Claypool for some blow up games. If Johnson is out a while the ceiling looks higher for Claypool. If Johnson and Juju are both on the field the 3-30/ 0 catch days will happen more than you will want. If he didn't have the longest play from scrimage his other games were duds. 84 yards TDs are something to rely on.

One of his TDs was a hand off on an end around.

He seems to be involved in the offense and if Juju is healthy then Claypool won't be drawing the opposing teams CB1.

Arrow is pointing up.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

The winner here is Big Ben...Ben has history of turning WR into studs.  Claypool does look good but as defenses start to gameplan for CC then JuJu or dionte will go off.  I think CC is worth an add but expect him to be to be inconsistent.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I think this is the way to view his situation. He was obviously taking full advantage of his matchup and PHI didn't have an answer for him. Johnson leaving also opened the door for more involvement. I think he needs to be owned, though I'm not sure about his outlook. I think that will depend on Johnson's availability, otherwise I think he slots back to a role player but clearly the upside is there for him to capitalize when the defense hones in on other targets on this offense. 

• Thanks 1

It's simple. Johnson out? Play it cool, and play Clay in your pool. Call that **** Claypool.

Edited by Travis Burten

Comparing this dude to Martavis Bryant lol get out of here with that noise

Edited by lolcopter
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

It's simple. Johnson out? Play it cool, and play Clay in your pool. Call that **** Claypool.

Johnson has been massively overrated by this forum from the get go, I know because I was one of those people

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Comparing this dude to Martavis Bryant lol get out of here with that noise

To be fair bryant was a freak but I think had no brain or work ethic.  By all accounts Claypool has both in addition to athletic freakishness.

Claypool has like 30 pounds on Bryant and is a physical freak, Bryant was just tall and fast that's it

• Like 3