Boudewijn

Chase Claypool 2020 Outlook

He is the anti-Julio.  Five TD's already and he's already had his bye.  He'll have 10 before Julio sniffs the end zone this year . . .

• Like 1

And btw he should of have had 5tds, a 42yd TD pass was called back on a terrible offensive interference call, could of had 53 pts. Also Slay Jr. had absolutely no answer for Maple🍁 🤖Tron when he covered him....zero....none. Even with Juju and DJ on the field Claypool will beast going forward. I’m actually trading Juju for Claypool in one of my leagues.

• Like 3

caught his spot with McAfee this afternoon ... very bright and personable chap- pretty grounded and even keeled - found out he grew up playing and loving hockey. 

that's a tough kid 🏒

he's easy to root for, fellas 👍

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

caught his spot with McAfee this afternoon ... very bright and personable chap- pretty grounded and even keeled - found out he grew up playing and loving hockey. 

that's a tough kid 🏒

he's easy to root for, fellas 👍

Big Ben might not last a whole season but as long as he is healthy I think claypool just made his "I have arrived" statement game.

Juju still has enough juice to draw the opposing teams CB1 so claypool is gonna be facing a lot of CB2 and CB3's. 

They scripted touches for him at the goaline. Had a sweep for a TD.

All aboard. 🚆

• Like 1

I have Claypool in a dynasty league and am very happy to be an owner.  With that said, you have a very effective receiver in Diontae Johnson - Claypool saw the touches he did as a result of Johnson being hurt/out of the game.

Interesting to see how they begin to use Claypool WITH Johnson/JuJu.

4 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I have Claypool in a dynasty league and am very happy to be an owner.  With that said, you have a very effective receiver in Diontae Johnson - Claypool saw the touches he did as a result of Johnson being hurt/out of the game.

Interesting to see how they begin to use Claypool WITH Johnson/JuJu.

WHENEVER Johnson gets healthy it will be very interesting indeed.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I like MolsonTron better! 

nah, mapletron has a nice ring to it 

• Like 2

His target share was great but James Washington ran more routes than him yesterday.  Need to monitor this over the next few weeks to see if there is an uptick here.  

• Haha 1

Here's what I can tell you - if I was Ju Ju and my contract was expiring at the end of this year, I'd be a tad concerned about having to find a new team next season.

19 minutes ago, SnickSnack said:

His target share was great but James Washington ran more routes than him yesterday.  Need to monitor this over the next few weeks to see if there is an uptick here.  

Routes ran are great but Claypool scored almost as many TDs yesterday as Washington has in his last 33 professional games (4 v 5). Not saying to expect more of that necessarily moving forward, but do not sleep on this opportunity. No hyperbole, potential league winner right here.

To clarify: will he catch multiple TDs again? Probably not. But he gives you the best odds and the current price is FREE

Edited by lolcopter
And yes I know one of those was a run but the point stands

Anyone else have both JuJu and Claypool in dynasty? Should we be selling JuJu? Are we moving up Mapletron over JuJu? I’m worried that JuJu might be the second fiddle WR he was accused of being next to Antonio Brown. I guess it’s possible that JuJu hits FA next year and everyone wins.

12 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Here's what I can tell you - if I was Ju Ju and my contract was expiring at the end of this year, I'd be a tad concerned about having to find a new team next season.

I figured this was a foregone conclusion + Steelers history of drafting and developing WR talent + Claypool's raw ability and camp commentary = great dynasty stash even if this year ended up being meh. Him blowing up like this should only accelerate that timeline

6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Routes ran are great but Claypool scored almost as many TDs yesterday as Washington has in his last 33 professional games (4 v 5). Not saying to expect more of that necessarily moving forward, but do not sleep on this opportunity. No hyperbole, potential league winner right here.

To clarify: will he catch multiple TDs again? Probably not. But he gives you the best odds and the current price is FREE

it ain’t that free I’m gonna have to try and blow half my FAAB budget on this guy lol.

• Like 1

Just now, cheezor42 said:

it ain’t that free I’m gonna have to try and blow half my FAAB budget on this guy lol.

First player that might actually be worth it so far IMO

Re: Juju, if I'm the Steelers there's no way I'm paying that guy

46 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Interesting league. 

Mike Davis went for 100 FAAB out of a 100 budget in my league

Zack Moss went for 100 out of 100 after he was dropped.

I wonder what claypool will go for.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Interesting league. 

Mike Davis went for 100 FAAB out of a 100 budget in my league

Zack Moss went for 100 out of 100 after he was dropped.

I wonder what claypool will go for.

[...]

100 + 900 (the next 9 years of FAAB) = 1000

3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Is he now a top 20 pick next year?

He's got 12 more games THIS year.  Let's see what happens.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tghetty said:

nah, mapletron has a nice ring to it 

Mapletron is objectively better than MolsonTron.  👍🏻

• Like 1

Justin Jefferson volume 2. The difference is, his problem isnt the lack of pass attempts, but the abundance of mouths to feed. Proceed with caution.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lolcopter said:

I'm confident he will another multi td game. All aboard the Claypool train.

• Like 1