Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

ugh. this f***in' guy. I am not enjoying the Michael Thomas experience this season. somehow he's going to miss 6 weeks AND not get put on the IR. the worst of both worlds. 

• Like 1

Sorry man I hope they hold him out until week 7 I rather have my star wide receiver the last 6 weeks instead of coming back too early and getting hurt missing the whole season

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 6:48 PM, ginocan said:

Did they practice today? Did he? Any news guys? 

I’m not on any social media. So I am lacking in the insider stuffs. 

Do you have internet?  Google search is all you need.

So the thought is they pull an Adams and hold him out Week 5 and he comes back week 7 after the bye. Half the season wasted....urghhh.

9 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

So the thought is they pull an Adams and hold him out Week 5 and he comes back week 7 after the bye. Half the season wasted....urghhh.

maybe but 2-2 no compared to  gb 3-0 and hammy vs ankle

the saints are 2-2 with next week against the chargers which i think should be a W for the saints. as much as I would like MT back asap, i would not be surprised to see them sit him out this week since the bye is right after that.

Posted (edited)

I would love for MT to come back now that I fell to 1-3, only possiblity is another team or the saints catch covid and the bye week is this week

Edited by CABLE87
  • Haha 1

With the game on Monday night, we may not even have a final decision before the Sunday games.

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

I would love for MT to come back now that I fell to 1-3, only possiblity is another team or the saints catch covid and the bye week is this week

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Any news on this cat?  My guess is he will not play until after the bye.  

He was at practice today and "moving around well" per the reports I saw.

Any chance the Saints play him this week? If they do, I have to start him. But that also means I have to have a contingency on MNF in case he doesn't go. I really hope it isn't a game-time decision and we find out one way or another on Saturday or Sunday.

Saints cannot afford to lose this game. I think he'll play. But I've been wrong before.

Just now, Cord said:

I really don't think he plays. 

Where is this coming from? Just your gut opinion?

He was close to playing last week, he was moving around well at practice Thursday, and they don't play till Monday night.

14 hours ago, DConny1 said:

Saints cannot afford to lose this game. I think he'll play. But I've been wrong before.

Yeah they can after last night. Had the Bucs won I could see a case made there. Add the fact that it isn't a divisional or NFC matchup for them. So they can play it cautious and then let him suit up after the bye.

Teams aren't going to decide to play someone because another team in their division lost.  If he's ready he'll play.  The only thing that is strange is that they had 3 games and then the bye week, why wouldn't they put him on IR.  That decision will look even more silly if he sits this game.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Teams aren't going to decide to play someone because another team in their division lost.  If he's ready he'll play.  The only thing that is strange is that they had 3 games and then the bye week, why wouldn't they put him on IR.  That decision will look even more silly if he sits this game.

I think it does. In a moment of desperation and season hanging in the balance, yes teams have rushed back players. The Saints path can easily be through the lousy division. With Tampa losing an NFC matchup it is a big deal. Saints have a better division record and conference record. So, a healthy Saints can easily take the division. It does matter a lot what happened last night in their decision on whether they rush Thomas back or not. They have 5 straight NFC and divisional games coming up. Worst case they lose and are only one game back in the division. Being two games back would have been a big deal.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Davante Adams was ready to play and was held out. He clearly said other people know his body more than he does as a rebuke to the Packers telling him he would sit out last game. So, being in a comfortable position really does help in the decision-making process for teams.

2 hours ago, Islanderman said:

The easy answer to that is that they didn't know for sure.   And if somehow his recovery went quickly, they'd have the option of playing him before 3 weeks. 

Posted (edited)

Lot of people speculating that he will be back this week. Why?

Well word on the street is that Thomas was ready to return last week, but out of an abundance of caution, they held him out another week. Can they really hold him out as a precaution 2 weeks in a row? Even with the bye coming up, I'm not sure they will.

I do hope we get some clarity by Sunday morning. But for now, I'm planning on starting him and having him in there this week. If we don't have any clarity by the later afternoon games Sunday, I will drop someone. We have a game on the schedule Tuesday, so there's a few more desperation plays available if MT sits out.

Edited by rasrar