Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

Lovely! He MAY play and of course... it’s a Monday night game.  Not starting him - I can’t chance him not playing.  Good luck to you all rolling the dice!

[...]

I’m not convinced this Tenn/Buff game is happening so those guys are out too. 

Gonna have to sit him at this point. Annoying haha

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I think he will sit. I think Sean Payton is just playing mind games. I doubt they ever intended to let him play until after the bye week. It just makes very little sense to bring him back now with the bye week giving him an additional two weeks recovery.

• Like 1

If you want to take the risk and Trequan smith is on the waiver wire pick him up so you have a play either way, but I would pivot none the less

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I think he will sit. I think Sean Payton is just playing mind games. I doubt they ever intended to let him play until after the bye week. It just makes very little sense to bring him back now with the bye week giving him an additional two weeks recovery.

Yup, this is exactly what I'm thinking too. I'm not starting him. 

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm with you on logic, but the coaches don't always use it. Lots of smoke screens and mind games, so who knows. If I were coaching, he would be sitting through the bye to make 100% sure he is healthy. For reference, I'm benching him for D Johnson this week and I'm not feeling good about it at all with Slay probably covering him, even though he'll have a high volume of throws coming his way (most likely).

He is out. Still time to grab people for the late Sunday games. Do it now. 

• Like 1

Man. F this guy and F that Saints organization. They knew all this earlier in the week and they just wanted to be clever. I hope they all fall in to the sea.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

What?

My guess--and this is only a guess--is he violated COVID protocol.

My guess is wrong. Dead wrong. 

Edited by yossarian
I was wrong wrong wrong

3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

My guess--and this is only a guess--is he violated COVID protocol.

Will Yahoo change his status though, that's the question. Now that it isn't due to injury?

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Will Yahoo change his status though, that's the question. Now that it isn't due to injury?

is he gonna go from "OUT" to "a**hole"?

does your league have a spot for that?

What kind of practice altercation do you need to get into to be benched for a game? Did he stab a guy?

Edited by yossarian
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, yossarian said:

is he gonna go from "OUT" to "a**hole"?

does your league have a spot for that?

What kind of practice altercation do you need to get into to be benched for a game? Did he stab a guy?

Probably, the same one AB has, NA, which could stand for a lot of things.

• Like 1

saints are too prideful. they need to put their egos aside and realize they need him out there. on a positive note, after the bye week he'll be guaranteed 100% healthy so there's that at least.

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m thinking they just don’t want to risk his health. 

i think the reports would have just ruled him simply as "out" then. this altercation narrative wouldn't have came out then i dont think 

punching a teammate + injury + his "beef" w/ Brees about the flag/kneeling is making me send out a couple offers to trade him away

7 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

punching a teammate + injury + his "beef" w/ Brees about the flag/kneeling is making me send out a couple offers to trade him away

Even Brees later disagreed with his initial flag/kneeling stance, so I think it's a huge reach to think that's any kind of issue. So the only thing that's causing you to ship him out as he's getting healthy is...he punched a teammate in practice? That's not good, but unless he's got a history of this kind of thing, so what? It's annoying but there's no reason to think this will be an issue going forward.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

It's annoying but there's no reason to think this will be an issue going forward.

The reason to think it could be an issue going forward is that we know it is 100% an issue right now

• Like 1