Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, rasrar said:

What did he mean by set back? With regards to his injury?

That was not reported anywhere. 

My take is that the “set back” was the altercation at practice, not a reaggravation of the injury. 

Just now, Andy Mick said:

My take is that the “set back” was the altercation at practice, not a reaggravation of the injury. 

Thanks.

That's what I thought. But some of these players don't really tweet clearly lol.

1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

“Slant-boy” is perfect.

punching a backup safety wasn't the reason he lost a game check. The real reason for the suspension is that he probably cussed out a coach in the heat of the moment after the incident. According to Sean Peyton this might not be a 1 game thing. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/13/saints-michael-thomas-suspension-sean-payton-news/

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

punching a backup safety wasn't the reason he lost a game check. The real reason for the suspension is that he probably cussed out a coach in the heat of the moment after the incident. According to Sean Peyton this might not be a 1 game thing. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/13/saints-michael-thomas-suspension-sean-payton-news/

Thanks for that link.  But, the article also says that Thomas and Peyton have already met and may have talked things out.  So, this could all be settled.  At least I hope.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

There's nothing substantive here. Peyton said we'll answer that when it's time to answer that. He just didn't want to talk about it. Brees said, "at the end of the day" MT is a huge part of what they're going to do. Seems like these guys are trying to make a big story out of nothing. He got in a fight. It cost him a game. I would be shocked beyond shocked if he's suspended for at least 3 weeks, which is what they're implying. At that point, they might as well trade him. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, ajs723 said:

There's nothing substantive here. Peyton said we'll answer that when it's time to answer that. He just didn't want to talk about it. Brees said, "at the end of the day" MT is a huge part of what they're going to do. Seems like these guys are trying to make a big story out of nothing. He got in a fight. It cost him a game. I would be shocked beyond shocked if he's suspended for at least 3 weeks, which is what they're implying. At that point, they might as well trade him. 

agree nothing in there tells me he will be out for more Than that 1 game and it doesnt make sense to. Seems like people are reaching here. If they want to win and stay ahead of Tampa he will play because although they beat the chargers they still looked like crap offensively

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Do you think when he comes back he'll put up WR1 numbers?

If he is fully healthy there is not a doubt in my mind he puts up WR1 numbers.

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

Does anyone know if he is grounded this week by Daddy Payton? My bench would like to know.

Yea don’t start MT this week. As a matter of fact, don’t start any Saints. The whole team will be grounded. Not just MT. 

crazy conspiracy going around on reddit that he broke his hand which was the "injury setback".

All rumors for sure but this is the hard hitting analysis I look forward to when playing fantasy 😎

WR diva's. Beckham, Thomas, Adams and above the all AB.

Their drama gets old real quick when they don't perform on the field. Which oddly seems to happen once they ink the big long term deal.

They cant play as they need to protect the brand.

As Ocho, TO and other ego centric players quickly learn, there is no brand if they are not playing. Their off field actions and comments often go against the core values of the same fans that made them popular in the first place. When they play they are tolerated. When they don't play, they are ignored.

Thomas clearly has anger management issues and needs help. I could probably start with someone taking him off social media, where autonomous attacks occur in a regular basis. These unfounded attacks seemingly trigger defensive comments from Thomas that stretch reality and the truth. That cannot be healthy for him. Don't see any comments about getting him help from the Saints...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I'm starting 100% if he is playing. Not even a thought there.

Exactly. If Thomas plays, you start him. As simple as that.

• Like 1