Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

MT owners, how do we feel about his ROS outlook? I'm considering dealing for him. Has anything changed for you? Repeating last year was never likely, still a slamdunk top 3 WR?

Edited by USWAY
28 minutes ago, USWAY said:

MT owners, how do we feel about his ROS outlook? I'm considering dealing for him. Has anything changed for you? Repeating last year was never likely, still a slamdunk top 3 WR?

Still a slam dunk top 3, if not the slam dunk number 1. 

Just needs to get back on the field. 

Nothing has changed about his talent. NFL players consider him a top 5 player in the league and I think that’s about right—he has been absolutely dominant when healthy and is the only player in the league able to put up numbers week after week similar to what we remember from Antonio Brown. He had a bad week 1–in the statistics world we call this an anomaly—and has been injured since. The bye week has only made owners more impatient since he has literally done nothing to contribute to fantasy owners. And then he punches a guy in the face. Value is about as low as it can get, but it has been artificially depressed by things that are totally separate from his ability to play dominate football. His skills haven’t changed. His role on the team hasn’t changed. Only thing that has changed are the circumstances that have led us to this point. 

In other words, if you have the opportunity to deal for Thomas, do it! Whatever it takes, get this guy on your team. He is a generational talent with generational stats to back it up. He might very well finish the season from here on out as the overall WR1 in points per game. He’s recovering from a high ankle sprain, not a torn achilles. And though I understand Brees is showing his age this year, look at Matt Ryan—top QB when Julio is on the field, and just another guy without his best playmaker. Brees is the same at this point in his career. Michael Thomas being considered the overall #1 WR in rankings is almost an inevitability at this point, but we are looking at a time when literally his value has never been lower. If you have him, hang tight. If you don’t, make aggressive offers—for instance I would trade Ridley for him in a heartbeat. What would you do to get Jerry Rice on your team, or AB in his prime? That’s what you should be willing to offer for MT if you’re a non owner on the outside looking in. 

And if you’re lucky enough to have this guy on your team...enjoy fellas. Good times from here on out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Nothing has changed about his talent. NFL players consider him a top 5 player in the league and I think that’s about right—he has been absolutely dominant when healthy and is the only player in the league able to put up numbers week after week similar to what we remember from Antonio Brown. He had a bad week 1–in the statistics world we call this an anomaly—and has been injured since. The bye week has only made owners more impatient since he has literally done nothing to contribute to fantasy owners. And then he punches a guy in the face. Value is about as low as it can get, but it has been artificially depressed by things that are totally separate from his ability to play dominate football. His skills haven’t changed. His role on the team hasn’t changed. Only thing that has changed are the circumstances that have led us to this point. 

In other words, if you have the opportunity to deal for Thomas, do it! Whatever it takes, get this guy on your team. He is a generational talent with generational stats to back it up. He might very well finish the season from here on out as the overall WR1 in points per game. He’s recovering from a high ankle sprain, not a torn achilles. And though I understand Brees is showing his age this year, look at Matt Ryan—top QB when Julio is on the field, and just another guy without his best playmaker. Brees is the same at this point in his career. Michael Thomas being considered the overall #1 WR in rankings is almost an inevitability at this point, but we are looking at a time when literally his value has never been lower. If you have him, hang tight. If you don’t, make aggressive offers—for instance I would trade Ridley for him in a heartbeat. What would you do to get Jerry Rice on your team, or AB in his prime? That’s what you should be willing to offer for MT if you’re a non owner on the outside looking in. 

And if you’re lucky enough to have this guy on your team...enjoy fellas. Good times from here on out. 

3 for 17 game 1 this year.

Very Amari Cooper'esque

4 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Sell sell sell sell

After that amazing quote above you, I died laughing 🤣🤣🤣

If you can't get a Top RB and WR combo, hang tight fellas it's going to be bumpy. 

Brees needs MT badly with his dink and dunk arm. Love Brees but he needs slant boy back for sure. The combo of them both is needed for this offense to move those chains. I honestly can't wait any more.... I've held on this long I might as well play him, his value only gets higher the longer you wait, cause he's ready to go!!!

6 hours ago, USWAY said:

Slam dunk Top 3 WR for me...

He's the same player he was last year. The NO offense looks out of sync without him, and Brees arm strength issues aren't an issue for the types of routes MT runs (yeah, yeah, cue the 'slant boy' jokes). Honestly though, with the volume he gets, it doesnt really matter how a player gets his fantasy points, just as long as they get them. And I feel confident MT will do just that.

Buy low, if you can. As an MT owner though, I'm not selling... just take a look at MT's fantasy playoffs schedule... Philly, KC, Minnesota... buy!

2 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Slam dunk Top 3 WR for me...

He's the same player he was last year. The NO offense looks out of sync without him, and Brees arm strength issues aren't an issue for the types of routes MT runs (yeah, yeah, cue the 'slant boy' jokes). Honestly though, with the volume he gets, it doesnt really matter how a player gets his fantasy points, just as long as they get them. And I feel confident MT will do just that.

Buy low, if you can. As an MT owner though, I'm not selling... just take a look at MT's fantasy playoffs schedule... Philly, KC, Minnesota... buy!

This isnt a slam dunk. Do you know what kind of effect high ankle sprains have on players? If michael thomas comes back 75% of what he was I say top 7, but he clearly stated last week he wasnt 100% and the risk of reinjure while isnt severe, it is a possibility. Brees and this offense is not the same as it was last year, taysom hill is being used more and more in the redzone. Thomas is a top 5 bye why are all the rankings this week have him from anywhere 4-13. That doesnt sound like a slam dunk as soon as he takes the field. 

5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

This isnt a slam dunk. Do you know what kind of effect high ankle sprains have on players? If michael thomas comes back 75% of what he was I say top 7, but he clearly stated last week he wasnt 100% and the risk of reinjure while isnt severe, it is a possibility. Brees and this offense is not the same as it was last year, taysom hill is being used more and more in the redzone. Thomas is a top 5 bye why are all the rankings this week have him from anywhere 4-13. That doesnt sound like a slam dunk as soon as he takes the field. 

Not doubting you but, where did Thomas say he wasn't 100%?  I haven't seen that.  High ankle sprains are not good but, he's had 5-6 weeks to recover.

Edited by Kilo
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I've actually spoken to multiple orthopedic surgeons I know about his injury. They all believed it to be mild and felt like the Saints were being cautious holding him out in Week 4. He was going to play Week 5, but then got suspended for disciplinary issues. Now we are a full 6 weeks removed from the injury. He is going to be fine. Saquon had some rust when he came back because he came back too soon (only missed 2 games). But even then, Saquon absolutely at come fantasy playoffs time.

I don't really care what expert rankings are, they are usually pretty conservative. But if you love rankings so much... fantasypros has his his as a consensus top 3 guy ROS

11 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Not doubting you but, where did Thomas say he wasn't 100%?  I haven't seen that.  High ankle sprains are not good but, he's had 5-6 weeks to recover.

His twitter I cant upload the image. "I was never healthy I was just trying to help my team get a win and heal up during the bye" we dont know how his ankle is doing and will find out this week. Kamara came out and said after his high ankle sprain that he wasnt even 100% by the end of the season and his season showed last year. 

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

3 for 17 game 1 this year.

Very Amari Cooper'esque

@DerrickHenrysCleats I often agree with your takes but, not on this one.  I don't get some of the recent hate and doubting of MT.  We're talking about the #1 WR last year (by a wide margin) and one of the most consistent, reliable, and dominant WR's the past few years.  This is the first time I can recall him having an injury that's kept him out of multiple games.

An injury and 1 bad game and now we're calling him to Amari Cooper?  I don't get it.

12 minutes ago, rasrar said:

I've actually spoken to multiple orthopedic surgeons I know about his injury. They all believed it to be mild and felt like the Saints were being cautious holding him out in Week 4. He was going to play Week 5, but then got suspended for disciplinary issues. Now we are a full 6 weeks removed from the injury. He is going to be fine. Saquon had some rust when he came back because he came back too soon (only missed 2 games). But even then, Saquon absolutely at come fantasy playoffs time.

I don't really care what expert rankings are, they are usually pretty conservative. But if you love rankings so much... fantasypros has his his as a consensus top 3 guy ROS

Youre comparing Saquon who is not a physical human to MT who potentially broke his hand fighting a teammate, speculation of course, but he just had a HISTORIC year in targets and consistency, but that was with Brees looking better that year when he is a shell of himself this year. I think he will be a solid WR1, but you cant just expect an immediate top 3 production when we arent sure what this injury looked like, how moderate or mild it was. Talking to guys or not, no one knows how much this ankle will be able to cut but MT. You hold because he has the potential for top 1-3 given the history, but I dont 100% expect a booming game. Especially with how often these high ankle sprains are frequently coming up, if he hurts himself at all during the game, he could end up limited to avoid worse injury.

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

His twitter I cant upload the image. "I was never healthy I was just trying to help my team get a win and heal up during the bye" we dont know how his ankle is doing and will find out this week. Kamara came out and said after his high ankle sprain that he wasnt even 100% by the end of the season and his season showed last year. 

Ok, interesting.  I didn't see that.  Good point about Kamara as he wasn't the same last year.  But, how many games did he (Kamara) take to heal up?  Also, didn't he have some other injuries that plagued him last season?  I thought I read something about that.

Just now, Kilo said:

@DerrickHenrysCleats I often agree with your takes but, not on this one.  I don't get some of the recent hate and doubting of MT.  We're talking about the #1 WR last year (by a wide margin) and one of the most consistent, reliable, and dominant WR's the past few years.  This is the first time I can recall him having an injury that's kept him out of multiple games.

An injury and 1 bad game and now we're calling him to Amari Cooper?  I don't get it.

Touche.

It's my first time owning him and he has been a total dud for me, even the game he was healthy.

Sour grapes is all.

Obviously his talent is indisputable, I don't think any sensible person would question that the first game just left a bad taste in my mouth like Amari has before. I'm sure he will be back to his old self soon.

Just now, Kilo said:

Ok, interesting.  I didn't see that.  Good point about Kamara as he wasn't the same last year.  But, how many games did he (Kamara) take to heal up?  Also, didn't he have some other injuries that plagued him last season?  I thought I read something about that.

He had a back injury which required shots, but Kamara was at a point they brought him back early because he said he could give it a go, said he was fine all season and then when the season ended came out and said he wasnt 100% all year. I think MT could be in the same circumstances, he knows how valuable he is on the team, and will try and show out, but no one knows if he is 100% other than MT

18 minutes ago, rasrar said:

I've actually spoken to multiple orthopedic surgeons I know about his injury. They all believed it to be mild and felt like the Saints were being cautious holding him out in Week 4. 

Once again I must ask...what are you doing here with us peasants? 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, ginocan said:

Once again I must ask...what are you doing here with us peasants? 

Haha we are all people and football fans here... that's all I care about!

I'm just lucky to have a lot of friends who are way more intelligent than I am.

Well, just jumped on this train! [...] The concerns about Brees are overblown since his all-world WR had been out. Now that Sanders has established himself on the other side & Kamara is himself again, I think this offense kicks into high gear.  Even only playing in 11 games I can see Thomas ending up with 80-1000-8. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well Yahoo is forecasting 8/104/1 in week 7. 

I think it is spot on. Except maybe no TD, but those catches and yards are reasonable. Okay well more like hoping and praying. 😅

Edited by ginocan
Maybe no TD.
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic