Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Ok thats it! imma Try to trade MT away for another WR that actually plays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I mean technically he is still coming back from an ankle injury. This doesn't change much.

Yikes, hopefully the hamstring injury is minor. This is another problem with high ankle sprains, guys are rendered immobile for so long that when they try to come back and, and suddenly explode, they pull something quite easily.

Edited by harck

I have no doubt the second he takes the field healthy he will go back to the target hog that he normally is. One of the most consistent NFL receivers, ever. But all these setbacks must be disheartening for MT owners. Particularly that I've seen some of the offers sent out for this guy both early in his injury and last week as people prepped for his return... close to 1:1 caliber receiver + a bonus piece lol.

Supposedly he was attending practice and left early before participating and had a team official with him at the time.  Not sure what that all means but Payton said earlier today no more discipline would be enforced. 

Now we know what the “setback” is...half the season is already in the books and terrible feeling for all the MT owners. 

He's listed with a hamstring injury now.  But I'm not sure he practiced at all in order to even pull his hamstring.  I'm starting to get the feeling he's fallen out of favor there due to maybe a bad attitude.  I'm wondering if he plays again this year for the Saints.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/21/michael-thomas-now-listed-with-hamstring-injury-along-with-ankle/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

[...]

welp hopefully he doesn’t miss more than 2 weeks. League mates were saying they could just shut him down for the season in general. 

I highly doubt they shut him down, the saints were heavy favorites going into the season to reach the Super Bowl. This could be their last real chance to do so with a declining Brees still operating as the QB. Michael Thomas will get back on the field at some point but I haven’t seen anyone mention that these type of high ankle sprains will linger for weeks upon return. MT is a big producer on slants, cuts, footwork etc and I can’t see him operating his strengths due to the injury. 

Edited by tonycpsu

All these talks about MT getting shut down or falling out of the rotation due to off the field conflicts are asinine. 

They could have put him on IR-R and take advantages of all the benefits that come with that and getting him back 3 weeks with the new rule change this year, but they did not. They did not because there always a chance that he could jog out there and even as a decoy would be worth it. 

They are a SB contender, at least everyone in that building think they are, and this is the last ride for Brees. Other than someone with the initials AK, he is their best player. Not playing him while they are still contending is idiotic. 

I don’t know his exact contract, and not going to waste time looking at it, but I’m sure he is getting paid top 3 money for WRs. They are not shutting him down or trade him while he is at his lowest value. 

Coach said no more discipline issues. If he is healthy, he’ll be out there on Sunday. And if he is out, then oh well so be it. Ankle issues are tricky for a guy that runs a lot of slants. When I saw the play that he got injured on, I was expecting to not have him for 4-8 weeks. We are still in the middle of that timeline. 

It is what it is. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 0-5 said:

Yall think it's time to trade him this week. To get something. Can't keep waiting for this guy. I'm 0-6😖😖

Unless you can get a WR with top 10 upside (think Golloday, both Allen's, Metcalf, etc...) + another strong piece, I would hold for more info that will come tomorrow or Friday. Granted there's a small risk tomorrow we here he legitimately messed up his hamstring and is out for another 2 weeks and his trade value takes another dip, but I think that's a very small risk at this point.

Edited by harck

2 minutes ago, harck said:

Unless you can get a WR with top 10 upside (think Golloday, both Allen's, Metcalf, etc...) + another strong piece, I would hold for more info that will come tomorrow or Friday. Granted there's a small risk tomorrow we here he legitimately messed up his hamstring and is out for another 2 weeks and his trade value takes another dip, but I think that's a very small risk at this point.

Given the injury history of high ankle sprains, if this is a must win for him its a clear sell for me. Even if he's out there and delivers 75% if he can get someone right now with top 5-7 upside I would move. Golladay great matchup this week, Ridley if you can make a good case for him, if someone is low on how Adams performed last week, same with Hopkins. People will value the name and hear of MTs return and may bite

This slant bum better be on the field Sunday, that's all I know. I knew I should've drafted King Henry. The first year I decided to mess with a Saints player and this happens. It makes me hate them even more.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

This slant bum better be on the field Sunday, that's all I know. I knew I should've drafted King Henry. The first year I decided to mess with a Saints player and this happens. It makes me hate them even more.

Hopefully he can get back to 100% and start producing with his historical consistency that we expected him to when we drafted him. If he doesn't, though, it's just part of the game that is FFB. I know you're bitter, I'm right there with you. But you're too good to caught up and start posting the same type of dumb sh*t 90% of the members on here post. Keep your head up bro.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, straightfire118 said:

This is what happens when MT does Brees dirty in the pre season for no good reason. This is Kamaras team now.

What’d he say?

2 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

What’d he say?

I’m assuming he was talking about how MT spoke out against brees when brees said he doesn’t believe players should kneel during the national anthem.

but then again kamara also didn’t like what brees said and kamara doing just fine 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Thanks 2

Just entered the chat was going to try to trade into him with crowder and a piece because of all the pessimism.  Haven’t seen a game this year, do you think brees still has the chops to make him top 10 when healthy.  From the stats they look like they are content with the heavy dose of the run and screen game

51 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Just entered the chat was going to try to trade into him with crowder and a piece because of all the pessimism.  Haven’t seen a game this year, do you think brees still has the chops to make him top 10 when healthy.  From the stats they look like they are content with the heavy dose of the run and screen game

I think Brees has missed his #1 option & it’s been obvious. The Saints offense will hit its stride very quickly when Thomas returns because Brees has been forced to get familiar with the other secondary receiving options. The “buy low” window will slam shut as soon as he finishes his 1st game with 8-90 & maybe a TD. 
I’m just more concerned about WHEN he returns because of this new hamstring issue & the speculation of attitude problems

I’m hoping this hamstring issue is very minor, otherwise why would he even practice at all today? Even practicing in a limited capacity on Wednesday should bode well for his status on Sunday, I would think.

Should know more by Friday, at the latest, I would think. 

Hasn't he been "practicing" for weeks now? I though there were reports of him moving well in some of the pregame warmups

10 hours ago, harck said:

lol. Nobody is giving up DK and a strong piece for Thomas. Prob not golladay or a rob either.  Maybe keenan allen.