Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

Just now, cgu112 said:

lol. Nobody is giving up DK and a strong piece for Thomas. Prob not golladay or a rob either.  Maybe keenan allen. 

I feel like I’m overpaying with crowder and lev bell tbh, depends on the injury

10 hours ago, harck said:

Unless you can get a WR with top 10 upside (think Golloday, both Allen's, Metcalf, etc...) + another strong piece, I would hold for more info that will come tomorrow or Friday. Granted there's a small risk tomorrow we here he legitimately messed up his hamstring and is out for another 2 weeks and his trade value takes another dip, but I think that's a very small risk at this point.

Thomas is a buy low....think guys like DJ Moore, robby anderson, Mclaurin, Cooper etc...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Thomas is a buy low....think guys like DJ Moore, robby anderson, Mclaurin, Cooper etc...

As a Thomas owner I would NEVER make such trades. 

• Like 1

I think there is more to this story than what we are being feed. All is not wonderful in Oz.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

As a Thomas owner I would NEVER make such trades. 

It is nearly impossible to exercise a balanced trade for Thomas. There is quite a rift between his actual value and owner's perception of Thomas's value.

Maybe another DNP will wake Thomas's owners up that at his current health and situation Thomas cannot be valued as a top three receiver.

Doubt it.

Hard to accept the draft process failure of selecting a WR in the first round.

2 hours ago, mar1kle said:

I think there is more to this story than what we are being feed. All is not wonderful in Oz.

It's sure starting to feel that way. 

2 hours ago, mar1kle said:

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's sure starting to feel that way. 

Yup.

Thomas will be a top 3 WR by points per game ROS. If you can actually acquire him at a significant discount, you'd be nuts not to do it. 

Starting to have visions of Antonio Brown.  

After he lost his mind.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

3 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Starting to have visions of Antonio Brown.  

After he lost his mind.  

That's a massive reach! He got in a fight at practice. That's it. That's a far cry from losing his mind. 

The overreaction over a "tweaked hamstring" is immense. Does it even mean he's gonna miss the game this weekend?

13 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

The overreaction over a "tweaked hamstring" is immense. Does it even mean he's gonna miss the game this weekend?

Depends on the severity, but if its moderate, 2-3 weeks

7 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Depends on the severity, but if its moderate, 2-3 weeks

So week 10 could be a realistic start for him ? Yikes 

41 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Thomas will be a top 3 WR by points per game ROS. If you can actually acquire him at a significant discount, you'd be nuts not to do it. 

are we allowed to make bets on here?  I will take this all day long

11 hours ago, HOF12 said:

I’m assuming he was talking about how MT spoke out against brees when brees said he doesn’t believe players should kneel during the national anthem.

but then again kamara also didn’t like what brees said and kamara doing just fine 🤷🏽‍♂️

And it's a doubly stupid take because Brees (and his wife) both clearly and strongly reversed their initial stance. This entire line is being pushed by idiots who can't accept the fact society has passed them by and realizes the act of kneeling is perfectly fine (regardless of whether you like/dislike it, which is also fine).

• Like 8

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

And it's a doubly stupid take because Brees (and his wife) both clearly and strongly reversed their initial stance. This entire line is being pushed by idiots who can't accept the fact society has passed them by and realizes the act of kneeling is perfectly fine (regardless of whether you like/dislike it, which is also fine).

You deserve all my likes for the day.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Hamstrings are notoriously bad injuries, even the mild ones. Mild means 1 week, can play through it, but won't be anywhere near 100% and have a big risk of making it worse. Moderate? 2-3 weeks with good chance of reinjury in future weeks.

There was a study on hamstring injuries awhile back, and players that have any sort of hamstring strain have a 6-10% chance of re-injury within months of coming back healthy. And this study was focused on track and field, not football where not only are you exploding and cutting, but guys are also yanking your muscles around in awkward ways.

Edited by harck
  • Like 2

We shall see. 

Edited by mikeflavaz

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nobody has busted harder than MT so far this year.

https://d2z1w4aiblvrwu.cloudfront.net/ad/n3Gt/hulu-live-sports-the-deepfake-featuring-saquon-barkley-baker-mayfield-small-7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How is a guy getting injured a bust exactly? 

I understand guys who were early picks that have been available, but injuries count too? Seems a bit weird to me but ok. 

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If you're counting injuries, you gotta include CMC and ultimately Barkley, considering they were pretty much consensus 1-2

12 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

How is a guy getting injured a bust exactly? 

I understand guys who were early picks that have been available, but injuries count too? Seems a bit weird to me but ok. 

Barkley wasn't a bust?

Draft capital vs production = bust

It sucks he got injured but that doesn't make it sting any less and the week 1 game was 3 for 17.

Pretty busy worthy so far. The 1st half of 2020 is gone, maybe he redeems himself in the back half of 2020 but it's not looking good 

Just now, trilly said:

If you're counting injuries, you gotta include CMC and ultimately Barkley, considering they were pretty much consensus 1-2

CMC had a few fantasy relevant games before getting hurt, MT did not.

Barkley is certainly up there.

31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

CMC had a few fantasy relevant games before getting hurt, MT did not.

Barkley is certainly up there.

Fair re: CMC, but Barkley was drafted higher than MT and he's done so he'll certainly end up a bigger bust than MT.