Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

33 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

What’s with the trade talks? Does anyone have any info that is credible or is just speculation? 

The only trade talks I’ve seen were speculation right here in this thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I feel bad for everyone that took him this year. It just goes to show that even the safest picks can go wrong in fantasy football. He might have even felt like the safest coming into the year.

I'm in a keeper league and I've had him the last couple years and it has been great having him.  Yeah, I felt he was a no-brainer, one of the safest, most reliable picks.  I've been one of his biggest supporters.  But, man, this has been a disaster.  I hope everyone is wrong and it's just a minor hamstring issue but, where there's smoke, there's fire.  This is situation is not feeling good right now.

If he doesn't practice at all this week, I'm going to assume this just becomes a completely lost season. Anything he does this year will feel like a bonus. 

No practice at all today would indicate that the hamstring injury is serious enough that he'll miss multiple games. There's just no reason for optimism at that point.

Everyone relax, no reason to come back this week if he truly has a hammy injury. I will say, like plenty of people commentating on other good Wrs... there are contenders that need a WR. If he is going somewhere, his situation probably gets better. If he stays, he is playing. They didnt pay him to sit all year. Sean Payton gives 0 Fs about the individual, if he cant right the ship with Thomas, he will send him packing. "Slant boy" makes no sense also. Just look at how he has scored, its from everywhere. One of the best WR in the last 15 yrs easy.

I own zero shares of MT but damn I do feel bad for you guys. Like people have said before me, this guy seemed like the safest pick in the first round and another lock for a great PPR season. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I feel like something else is going on in that organization. The whole offseason drama between Brees, then the fight with a teammate, and now he isn’t practicing. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Everyone relax, no reason to come back this week if he truly has a hammy injury. I will say, like plenty of people commentating on other good Wrs... there are contenders that need a WR. If he is going somewhere, his situation probably gets better. If he stays, he is playing. They didnt pay him to sit all year. Sean Payton gives 0 Fs about the individual, if he cant right the ship with Thomas, he will send him packing. "Slant boy" makes no sense also. Just look at how he has scored, its from everywhere. One of the best WR in the last 15 yrs easy.

how could his situation possibly be better if he goes somewhere else?

This is almost feeling like it's getting eerily close to team and star divorce time. I mean what a run of events. Dude breaks the all time single season receptions and yards last season. Then throws Brees under the bus for saying he wouldn't kneel during the anthem. Seems not targeted by Brees in the 1st game. Comes up slightly calf gimpy on the last offensive play of the 1st game. Misses now 6 weeks. Punches a dude in practice, Gets suspended for it. And now suddenly has a hamstring tweak out of nowhere. I don't know how you can go from a higher point to a lower point in sports. Aaron Hernandez? lol

2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

This is almost feeling like it's getting eerily close to team and star divorce time. I mean what a run of events. Dude breaks the all time single season receptions and yards last season. Then throws Brees under the bus for saying he wouldn't kneel during the anthem. Seems not targeted by Brees in the 1st game. Comes up slightly calf gimpy on the last offensive play of the 1st game. Misses now 6 weeks. Punches a dude in practice, Gets suspended for it. And now suddenly has a hamstring tweak out of nowhere. I don't know how you can go from a higher point to a lower point in sports. Aaron Hernandez? lol

Please don't compare MT's situation to that POS.

Not even remotely comparable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

reddit/ff still thinks thomas should be valued as an elite top 1-2 wr.  Someone gave up kelce for him. Apparently people dont understand how risky this situation is. 

Just now, TheBoondocks said:

Please don't compare MT's situation to that POS.

Not even remotely comparable. 

Well, I was simply joking there....Still this season's fall from grace is pretty renowned. I mean if this hamstring thing is the real deal, we are looking at 3-5 more weeks gone. And then possibly just sitting out this season....

Remember the consensus you must have some big balls to run slant routes through the middle... Now its a down fall. lol MT13 lead everyone in hitch routes, slant routes, out routes and crossing routes. So should he run more post and corner routes? Sure, but can brees hit him? Probably not. lol Y'all silly.

Edited by Zekepeak86

I can't help but wonder if there is more to this situation than a Hammy injury.  Just speculation, but I assume MT was not happy about being benched for MNF.  Had a public dispute with his QB to start the year, injured his ankle early on, got benched for a prime-time game for fighting a teammate, now has a "hammy" injury.  When I first heard him leaving practice to start the week there was no mention of injury.  Call me crazy but when there is smoke there is usually fire.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, RyanksN said:

I can't help but wonder if there is more to this situation than a Hammy injury.  Just speculation, but I assume MT was not happy about being benched for MNF.  Had a public dispute with his QB to start the year, injured his ankle early on, got benched for a prime-time game for fighting a teammate, now has a "hammy" injury.  When I first heard him leaving practice to start the week there was no mention of injury.  Call me crazy but when there is smoke there is usually fire.

I remember a blurb somewhere that said when he left the field he was with trainers going to locker room. Nobody mentioned the hamstring until much later, so really not sure how legit this injury is

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I remember a blurb somewhere that said when he left the field he was with trainers going to locker room. Nobody mentioned the hamstring until much later, so really not sure how legit this injury is

NFL would come down very harshly for fabricating an injury, i'm sure he did in fact legit tweak his hamstring, but also no doubt there seems to be some discontent going on between Thomas and the Saints.

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

NFL would come down very harshly for fabricating an injury, i'm sure he did in fact legit tweak his hamstring, but also no doubt there seems to be some discontent going on between Thomas and the Saints.

This cat has a low emotional IQ and lacks maturity.  What has transpired is par for the course.  

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Every receiver has some hamstring issue. I just feel Thomas is angry about this suspension(And maybe the Brees situation too) now and doesn't want to play for the Saints. He was fine to play 2 weeks ago, and had never missed a game in 3 years before week 1. And now suddenly has a second injury. Hmmmm

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic