Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

NFL would come down very harshly for fabricating an injury, i'm sure he did in fact legit tweak his hamstring, but also no doubt there seems to be some discontent going on between Thomas and the Saints.

Like they have with the Patriots & Belichick’s injury report games, or Green’s ankle last year, or Mixon’s “migraines” this year? It would be very easy to SAY he tweaked a hamstring & acted like it’s sore. Not saying he did, but nobody can really prove he’s not hurting either

• Like 1

I wish we could get some type of update on this hamstring injury... how serious is it... is he likely to miss next week too, etc.

2 minutes ago, rasrar said:

I wish we could get some type of update on this hamstring injury... how serious is it... is he likely to miss next week too, etc.

The fact that there has been no update lends credence to the "fake injury to cover another dispute" crowd IMO. Not sure what's going on over there in NO.

38 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Since he’s not practicing today, I would guess that he’s out this week. May be a game time decision, but I wouldn’t chance it

3 hours ago, RyanksN said:

I can't help but wonder if there is more to this situation than a Hammy injury.  Just speculation, but I assume MT was not happy about being benched for MNF.  Had a public dispute with his QB to start the year, injured his ankle early on, got benched for a prime-time game for fighting a teammate, now has a "hammy" injury.  When I first heard him leaving practice to start the week there was no mention of injury.  Call me crazy but when there is smoke there is usually fire.

There was also a report that it was MT's attitude after the fight that caused him to be suspended, also saying that MT refused counsel from the coaching staff.  I don't know obviously, but I get the feeling MT wants to be treated special and may have turned the corner into Steamin' Willie Beamen territory.  I said it before and it won't sound any less ridiculous now, but, unless there's some sort of attempt by the coaching staff to come to terms and feed MT's ego, I think there's a chance he never plays for the Saints again. 

Owners can hope for a trade of course.  But if he's acting like a jerk, they could decide to further suspend him and recoup some of his salary like the Gruden and Keyshawn incident back in the day.  In that case, he would sit for the year and be traded or released in the offseason.  Again, this is taking a step forward of course, with the thought that MT doesn't actually have a hammy injury, which I don't believe he does.  

Me thinks he's played his last snap as a Saint.

E Sanders is the play followed by Tre'Quan. Kamara might go intergalactic now.

Edited by timexsocialclub

5 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Sanders is on the covid list... he out.

33 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

This doesn't look good and I'm not talking about playing Sunday. Are they going to trade him or something?

Occam's Razor. I think he simply pulled a hammy. 

Biggest bust of 2020 so far.  At least CMC has a handcuff and Barkley owners can drop him and move on.  Thomas just sinks you tying up a roster spot each week and posting a zero.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Cook?

I think they run Murray and use Kamara as a receiver.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Occam's Razor. I think he simply pulled a hammy. 

Definitely still the most likely explanation, but has Peyton not been pressed at all on the severity? You'd think beat writers would have more info right now like "moderate strain" 2-3 weeks, mild "1 week", etc... as opposed to radio silence.

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

The only positive of this is maybe we will see Taysom Hill more. 

Everyone wants, nay needs, more Taysom. Men, women, children. More Taysom is good for humanity

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harck said:

Definitely still the most likely explanation, but has Peyton not been pressed at all on the severity? You'd think beat writers would have more info right now like "moderate strain" 2-3 weeks, mild "1 week", etc... as opposed to radio silence.

Just as bad as the Cincinnati beat writers..

1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

Everyone wants, nay needs, more Taysom. Men, women, children. More Taysom is good for humanity

I cannot wait until he's 35 and I will vote for him for President. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I cannot wait until he's 35 and I will vote for him for President. 

Sean Payton will be the best campaign manager ever. I can see the slogan now. “You’ll learn to love him as much as I do, America.” 

• Haha 2

As a saints fan, I really really hated that we paid MT 100 million ...... If we just trade him away it better be to the Jets so we can get Trevor Lawrence..... If not then forget it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

48 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

Cook?

I think they run Murray and use Kamara as a receiver.

Harris is the play here. 

5/80/1 my prediction for this week. That is Flex worth in any format.