Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

This is the biggest nightmare I've dealt with in fantasy football in 25 years. Each week it sounds like he's gonna play, so I am hesitant to drop faab money on a receiver, then each week he isn't playing and I have to take some nobody off waivers. But that's not the worst of it, the worst is I have to keep him on a reserve spot keeping me from taking a ton of nice players each week. And the one game he played he was awful. Misery.

Ok...Im done with Thomas. [...]

Im convinced he wont play anther down this season and if he does he wont be effective. 

Time to move on and sell.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
45 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

The news this morning about missing next week as well has me wondering if I’m still crazy in trying to buy low on this guy.

At what point do we just know to stay away for good?

Coming from an MT owner and removing my ownership bias, stay away from him until we are provided evidence that he will actually play again this year and produce. Gambling on him now seems futile as he very likely could have played his last play as a Saint and become this year's Antonio Brown...a pariah. I say this with the utmost hope I'm wrong, but it is what it is...

45 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

The news this morning about missing next week as well has me wondering if I’m still crazy in trying to buy low on this guy.

At what point do we just know to stay away for good?

I bought low a week after his initial injury and don't regret it for a moment. If your team is in reasonable shape to make the playoffs and you have any remotely mediocre guy to plug in for depth I think you absolutely should be making a push for Thomas. 

Just now, Sternes said:

They just said on NBC that there are trade rumors about moving him before the deadline but they think a deal is unlikely.

It is just Florio, he has zero pulse to what is actually going on in NOLA.

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It is just Florio, he has zero pulse to what is actually going on in NOLA.

While I agree about Florio, and hadn't thought about trading him, the idea when I give it a thought is very interesting.  They are winning without him.  He has a massive contract.  IDK his locker room presence, but maybe he has some AB issues lurking.  If you had asked me last year, I'd have said, "no, of course not!" 

Then if you take a few minutes and watch some film you realize he is a big, sure handed, good route runner.  I'm not sure he is really worth the contract they gave him. I don't see him as a special player, I see him as a volume guy.

Apparently profootball reference wants you to subscribe to combine stats over years.  How good would other players be with his target volume?

2016 - #22

2017 - #6

2018 - #11

2019 - #1

If you get a guy who is 80% as good as him but for 50% of the price.......

It definitely deserves more thought than I gave it.

Edited by Sternes

I mean this is the 3rd media report now that says he's on the block for a trade offer. Of course, they'll probably want 2-1st's, or someone's top receiver and a 1st or 2nd, which I don't think any receiver, even Thomas, would garner. Dude needs to be sat down by the team shrink, do some positive self-talk, practice meditation, and get his butt back out there. This team is playing for the title right now. What happened to this guy?

Has anyone even bothered to look at the cap ramifications of dealing him? What I am seeing from overthecap.com shows a dead cap hit of 23 MM next year. This is a team that is always operating on the margins, no possible way they can afford that.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

I mean this is the 3rd media report now that says he's on the block for a trade offer. Of course, they'll probably want 2-1st's, or someone's top receiver and a 1st or 2nd, which I don't think any receiver, even Thomas, would garner. Dude needs to be sat down by the team shrink, do some positive self-talk, practice meditation, and get his butt back out there. This team is playing for the title right now. What happened to this guy?

He got hurt. Y'all are overreacting. 

And of course they'd be open to trading him. This team has traded away Cooks, Graham, and a couple other guys I'm forgetting while they were in their prime. Any team worth their salt should be open to trading away any of their players if the price is right. But him missing this week is because he pulled a hamstring. Those injuries are brutal, and it's better he waits for it to get better before pushing through it and causing a bigger issue. It sucks for owners, but this is why we've got depth and/or the waiver wire.

• Like 1
Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Has anyone even bothered to look at the cap ramifications of dealing him? What I am seeing from overthecap.com shows a dead cap hit of 23 MM next year. This is a team that is always operating on the margins, no possible way they can afford that.

Not only that, but only a team in contention would actually want a player like him right now due to his ridiculous contract. The thing is, no team in actual contention has the cap room to fit him in anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Sternes said:

They just said on NBC that there are trade rumors about moving him before the deadline but they think a deal is unlikely.

I feel like if hes traded its a downgrade for Thomas since he may need time to learn the playbook/build chemistry.

• Like 1
Just now, SyNdicateZ said:

I feel like if hes traded its a downgrade for Thomas since he may need time to learn the playbook/build chemistry.

Absolutely.  I don't think he gets force fed the same way he was either if he went elsewhere.

• Like 2
Just now, Sternes said:

Absolutely.  I don't think he gets force fed the same way he was either if he went elsewhere.

Yea.....its pretty much a lost season. Between this new Hamstring injury that usually lasts Weeks to heal to him being on bad terms with the Saints and him being on the block.  

32 minutes ago, 0-5 said:

So week 9 hopefully he suits up

Still holding out hope he plays this week. A Grade 1 hamstring strain is a 1-2 week injury. He supposed sustained the injury on Wednesday in practice, so the game on Sunday would be about 1.5 weeks away.

Not saying he will play this week, but it's a possibility. Likely will be a DNP on Wednesday, but let's see if he's able to practice on Thursday and Friday.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, rasrar said:

Still holding out hope he plays this week. A Grade 1 hamstring strain is a 1-2 week injury. He supposed sustained the injury on Wednesday in practice, so the game on Sunday would be about 1.5 weeks away.

Not saying he will play this week, but it's a possibility. Likely will be a DNP on Wednesday, but let's see if he's able to practice on Thursday and Friday.

Hopefully man. This guy changes everything for somebodys fantasy team

25 minutes ago, The G Man said:

So, is a great buy low, or stay the hell away?

That's the mystery right there.... My thought is that the Saints try and move him mainly because they are in cap hell and they are doing good without him. If they can get two low picks and shave that money then why not do it. Chances are nobody wants his contract and they won't move him and will be forced to put him back into the game plan. Long story short I think he gets back onto the field and producing. If you can absorb the next few weeks then buy low. 

On 10/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, Dislimb said:

Not only that, but only a team in contention would actually want a player like him right now due to his ridiculous contract. The thing is, no team in actual contention has the cap room to fit him in anyway.

The Texans are all out of picks!

Where is BOB when you need him?