Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

Taysom Hill kills the value of anyone not named Taysom Hill.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Saints can move on now, they have marquez Callaway.

It takes two teams though... It's kinda like the Hopkins situation where they have to find a team with a QB on their rookie contract so they can absorb the contract. Problem is a lot of teams that would be willing to do that deal don't want to give up what the Saints would ask since they would be higher value picks. I agree that the Saints can and should move him. The bigger question IMO is finding a trade partner. 

5 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

You can say that exact same thing about 30 other teams. 

Sure, but the Patriots could be a particularly good fit because they're actually in need of a WR1. K'neal doesn't look like the answer and Edelman is probably going to retire this off-season or next.

Probably moot since he's unlikely to be traded either way.

Edited by vercrazy
19 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im tempted to try and sell him to the CMC owner in hopes he doesnt see the field this year. I dont like whats happening off the field, and with the injury concerns I wouldnt be shocked if something came up to where he sits again

I was thinking the same thing....

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

So, is a great buy low, or stay the hell away?

I think he's a clear buy as long as you can afford to have him sit on your bench over the next couple weeks while he gets healthy. If his owner in your league is buying into this idiotic trade talk and all that stuff you can land a stud for the playoff push.

7 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I think he's a clear buy as long as you can afford to have him sit on your bench over the next couple weeks while he gets healthy. If his owner in your league is buying into this idiotic trade talk and all that stuff you can land a stud for the playoff push.

I'm one of those owners.

I'd take a ham sammich for him right now.

It's week 8 and he hasn't played since week 1. 

If he doesn't come back this week then it will be week 9, something is up and I'm worried he won't play all season.

If he has a minor setback and doesn't play till close to week 14 who will trust him coming in rusty to play during the playoffs.

If his name value is enough to get something to help you now I'd be willing to listen, problem is, nobody wants him due to giving up a valuable asset and the uncertainty of his situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All of this talk of trading MT is just nonsense. This isn’t Madden. They just signed him to a large contract and last time I checked the salary cap still exists. This is a team in win-now mode with Brees entering his twilight years but, sure, they are going to trade away their best player the year after he had one of the best WR statistical years of all time, with “talent” like Emmanuel Sanders and Tre’quan Smith as their best receivers not named MT. I also heard the Panthers are trading CMC after the tanked the GM’s fantasy season. Get real. Even Jerry Jones wouldn’t be dumb enough to trade this guy. “Reports” you find online on the subject are trash clickbait because they know morons will consume these dramatic storylines even if they are soap opera quality in their believability, and you see it play out here on RW because the reality—the dude has been banged up, players fight all the time, and the hamstring injury was s---y timing—is kind of boring.

You would think after 4 years that can be characterized as perhaps the best statistical start for a receiver in NFL history that this guy might get the benefit of the doubt from the public. Recency bias is a hell of a drug. 

• Like 6

So tough to decide whether he's a buy or sell right now, largely because the situation is so uncertain. I'd lean on the side of floating an offer to get him and see if his owner is desperate or sick of him. Low-end WR2 might be able to get it done. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
31 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

So tough to decide whether he's a buy or sell right now, largely because the situation is so uncertain. I'd lean on the side of floating an offer to get him and see if his owner is desperate or sick of him. Low-end WR2 might be able to get it done. 

At this point I’d take Golladay or aj brown over MT

[...]

its safe to say nobody wants him right now 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
21 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Are we sure he actually has a hamstring injury or is it a cover for other issues going on behind the scenes? 

If there were other issues going on behind the scenes what makes anyone think this guy would stay quiet about them? You can't say he's both such a problem the team is trying to trade him or punish him or whatever, but also he's well behaved enough to stay quiet about these punishments. Crazy doesn't keep its mouth shut. None of it makes sense unless you're a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist who likes to ignore the far and away most plausible explanation for something crazy.

He got hurt. He got in a fight. He got hurt again. 

• Thanks 1

Another case of great football player and bad guy? The new Antonio Brown? What happened to do your job and keep your baggage at home. MJ #23 GOAT clearly was hard on his teammates and even took it to the next level but he made his teammates better because of it. I doubt MT has made anyone better because of his demeanor, I know he has popped off regarding Breese and that doesn’t sit well with most. Put this guy with Bortles and Minshew last 4 years and he ain’t nuffin. 

• Like 1

My guess this cat will work really hard to come back and then get hurt like he did with this  "hamstring" injury.  

He had 2 opportunities to return from his high ankle sprain.  The first opportunity he gets in a fight and the second opportunity he gets hurt not even an hour into his first practice.

6 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

All of this talk of trading MT is just nonsense. This isn’t Madden. They just signed him to a large contract and last time I checked the salary cap still exists. This is a team in win-now mode with Brees entering his twilight years but, sure, they are going to trade away their best player the year after he had one of the best WR statistical years of all time, with “talent” like Emmanuel Sanders and Tre’quan Smith as their best receivers not named MT. I also heard the Panthers are trading CMC after the tanked the GM’s fantasy season. Get real. Even Jerry Jones wouldn’t be dumb enough to trade this guy. “Reports” you find online on the subject are trash clickbait because they know morons will consume these dramatic storylines even if they are soap opera quality in their believability, and you see it play out here on RW because the reality—the dude has been banged up, players fight all the time, and the hamstring injury was s---y timing—is kind of boring.

You would think after 4 years that can be characterized as perhaps the best statistical start for a receiver in NFL history that this guy might get the benefit of the doubt from the public. Recency bias is a hell of a drug. 

Well said!!  This thread has gotten ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Krambone said:

Another case of great football player and bad guy? The new Antonio Brown? What happened to do your job and keep your baggage at home. MJ #23 GOAT clearly was hard on his teammates and even took it to the next level but he made his teammates better because of it. I doubt MT has made anyone better because of his demeanor, I know he has popped off regarding Breese and that doesn’t sit well with most. Put this guy with Bortles and Minshew last 4 years and he ain’t nuffin. 

It's well documented that MJ got into numerous fights and skirmishes with his teammates.  Yet no one calls him a mental case.  People stop

14 hours ago, HOF12 said:

At this point I’d take Golladay or aj brown over MT

[...]

its safe to say nobody wants him right now 

Agreed. I drew up an offer last week, my Golladay for his Thomas but cancelled it. They're borderline WR1s though, I'm thinking a guy more in the McLaurin/Higgins range might get it done. 

13 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Are we sure he actually has a hamstring injury or is it a cover for other issues going on behind the scenes? 

We are not. Just my opinion but I'd bet dollars to donuts it's the latter. 

8 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

No one on here can answer that. 

*Raises Hand* I can. He had an MRI, they told us the results. He had a strain. Unless all the team doctors are in on a conspiracy, yes, he hurt his hamstring. 

• Like 1

I doubt it's a conspiracy. There would be immense repercussions from the league if an injury was faked and NO was involved in allowing it. I think people are jaded by the pre-season stuff and are trying desperately to form a narrative, but for all we know he recovers and plays this weekend without issue. 

• Like 2