Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

I doubt it's a conspiracy. There would be immense repercussions from the league if an injury was faked and NO was involved in allowing it. I think people are jaded by the pre-season stuff and are trying desperately to form a narrative, but for all we know he recovers and plays this weekend without issue. 

He wasn't good when he played. Not this year. 3 for 17 game 1 and he was healthy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

How it started: How it’s going:

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

*Raises Hand* I can. He had an MRI, they told us the results. He had a strain. Unless all the team doctors are in on a conspiracy, yes, he hurt his hamstring. 

The question was are WE SURE as in maybe they’re making things up that they tell us the public. You’re just saying what we’ve all been told but dude up there was wondering if it was a false narrative. 

18 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

The question was are WE SURE as in maybe they’re making things up that they tell us the public. You’re just saying what we’ve all been told but dude up there was wondering if it was a false narrative. 

Again, that's crazy. So all the coaches, all the doctors, all the training staff, and MT himself are all in on the lie. I don't think so. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Again, that's crazy. So all the coaches, all the doctors, all the training staff, and MT himself are all in on the lie. I don't think so. 

It's not like it would be unprecedented. Hell we saw it with AJ Green for an entire year. 

19 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's not like it would be unprecedented. Hell we saw it with AJ Green for an entire year. 

I don't remember what specific info was coming from the team, but I don't think they were ever reporting specific medical information that was made up. That's a really serious accusation that would lead to serious punishment. That's simply not what's happening here. 

5 hours ago, ajs723 said:

*Raises Hand* I can. He had an MRI, they told us the results. He had a strain. Unless all the team doctors are in on a conspiracy, yes, he hurt his hamstring. 

Have you seen the actual MRI results and did we hear directly from the doctor, or Payton?  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I don't remember what specific info was coming from the team, but I don't think they were ever reporting specific medical information that was made up. That's a really serious accusation that would lead to serious punishment. That's simply not what's happening here. 

I believe what's been reported is he's had an MRI, and his hamstring is considered "strained". A strain does not show up on an MRI. So if anything this lends further credence to the idea that there's more going on here. 

My guess is he's unhappy, the team's unhappy, and the easiest way to "smooth over" either a player not wanting to play, or further discipline, is to say his hammy hurts and send him off for an MRI. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I believe what's been reported is he's had an MRI, and his hamstring is considered "strained". A strain does not show up on an MRI. So if anything this lends further credence to the idea that there's more going on here. 

My guess is he's unhappy, the team's unhappy, and the easiest way to "smooth over" either a player not wanting to play, or further discipline, is to say his hammy hurts and send him off for an MRI. 

This

• Like 1
On 10/27/2020 at 9:10 AM, The G Man said:

So, is a great buy low, or stay the hell away?

I just bought the other day...I hope I don't regret it but it's something I can live without I think either way. WR2 range. I feel like there's something else going on here as well. Usually when there is this much speculation it isn't just for the sake of it. I could be wrong here, but that seems to be how it generally goes.

2 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Really wanna buy low and the owner is ready, but I just can’t pull the trigger with all this drama and uncertainty.  
[...]

In the same boat an owner is willing, just can’t pull the trigger like u say.

After he heals up from this "hamstring" injury in 2 more weeks, he will then pull his groin while playing Madden at home.   That way he won't play for the remainder of the season.   And to think this whole situation has developed from Payton playing him in the final minutes of a blow out.  Payton and Thomas deserve each other.  Lost fantasy season due to a coach who has no common sense and a player who has a poor emotional IQ.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Swinger said:

After he heals up from this "hamstring" injury in 2 more weeks, he will then pull his groin while playing Madden at home.   That way he won't play for the remainder of the season.   And to think this whole situation has developed from Payton playing him in the final minutes of a blow out.  Payton and Thomas deserve each other.  Lost fantasy season due to a coach who has no common sense and a player who has a poor emotional IQ.  

Brutal take but you're not wrong. 

Payton and Thomas are head cases and both are overrated. At this point I'm on Thomas' side -- Saints need him more than he does. He's way too sensitive but may find a franchise willing to pander to him and keep feeding him slants. 

Where there's smoke there's fire.  The ankle should be good by now but we have a new injury, and the "punch a teammate" situation.  We know MT called out Brees over politics before the season.  MT got 5 targets week 1...a lot of variables here that are concerning.  

3 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

It's amazing how short fantasybplayers' memories are. This guy is a locked WR1 while in the game. I'm buying everywhere I can. I can't believe this is even a discussion 😂

It's a discussion because you can't deliver points on the bench!

• Like 5