Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

If this is true - there is no way he plays next week

 

 

Edited by ludawg23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He won't be right for the rest of the year. You saw what happened to Saquon last year. RIP.  Another wasted draft pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great - of course he plays on Monday.  Probably end up a game-time decision and we're all going to be stuck wondering what to do.  

Juicy match up against LV, but going to be hard to keep Thomas in the line-up if we don't get any confirmation before games kick off on Sunday.  

Odds are guys like Ruggs, E. Sanders, Cook, etc. are all rostered so I can't even think of someone we could stash in case he's declared inactive at game time.  Edwards got 1 target.  Can't roll him out there.  Maybe TreQuan Smith gets extra time if MT doesn't play?  Devonte Booker got 7 touches - 3 of them receptions so maybe a shot in the dark for PPR leagues?

If we don't get an answer before 1pm Sunday I think MT has to sit the bench this week because of the late start.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

He won't be right for the rest of the year. You saw what happened to Saquon last year. RIP.  Another wasted draft pick

Way to jump the wagon on the best WR in football last yr. He may need to sit a few weeks to get back, but they have enough pieces on the team he can afford to do so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Great - of course he plays on Monday.  Probably end up a game-time decision and we're all going to be stuck wondering what to do.  

Juicy match up against LV, but going to be hard to keep Thomas in the line-up if we don't get any confirmation before games kick off on Sunday.  

Odds are guys like Ruggs, E. Sanders, Cook, etc. are all rostered so I can't even think of someone we could stash in case he's declared inactive at game time.  Edwards got 1 target.  Can't roll him out there.  Maybe TreQuan Smith gets extra time if MT doesn't play?  Devonte Booker got 7 touches - 3 of them receptions so maybe a shot in the dark for PPR leagues?

If we don't get an answer before 1pm Sunday I think MT has to sit the bench this week because of the late start.  

Idk...him not playing would be pretty close to what I got out of him yesterday.   I've got OBJ to take up the slack.  So there's that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is literally every fantasy relevant football player injured? And its only week 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Idk...him not playing would be pretty close to what I got out of him yesterday.   I've got OBJ to take up the slack.  So there's that.

Luckily if he misses time I have Manny. That's also the unfortunate part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Why is literally every fantasy relevant football player injured? And its only week 1?

no preseason, not much time to stay in shape, the gamescript did not favor him last night anyway. Wouldnt be surprised if we saw some rookie talent more than most years with how injury prone guys will be or how often teams may hold out their guys just to play it safe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Why is literally every fantasy relevant football player injured? And its only week 1?

You need to Google, "literally" definition.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

no preseason, not much time to stay in shape, the gamescript did not favor him last night anyway. Wouldnt be surprised if we saw some rookie talent more than most years with how injury prone guys will be or how often teams may hold out their guys just to play it safe

They have all off season to train, lack of "shape" is just them being lazy. He wont be out long, dude is a stud. High ankle sprains are different for everyone, lets not compare, 4 sec after hearing what it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Luckily if he misses time I have Manny. That's also the unfortunate part.

Just be aware that Tre'Quon Smith played quite a few more snaps than Manny yesterday...I still think Manny becomes the alpha IF Can't Guard Mike rests--as he should.

Cook and Kamara are gonna get funneled a bunch more looks here too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

They have all off season to train, lack of "shape" is just them being lazy. He wont be out long, dude is a stud. High ankle sprains are different for everyone, lets not compare, 4 sec after hearing what it is...

Exactly, people forget Hopkins and Kittle were hurt all season last year and still put up numbers, he will have a bounce back, its just up to him what he wants his body to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Drop City?

No.

But it isn't nothing either. The amount of injuries I'm dealing with before week 1 is even over is almost comical.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's going to "play through" a high ankle sprain like I'm not going to eat any fast food this winter.  Gimme a break.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

He's going to "play through" a high ankle sprain like I'm not going to eat any fast food this winter.  Gimme a break.

Thanks fatty.   At the end of the day, Thomas will return to play while you're giving yourself insulin shots with a Grape Fanta chaser.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

No.

But it isn't nothing either. The amount of injuries I'm dealing with before week 1 is even over is almost comical.

Same. I don't have a healthy wr for next week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Exactly, people forget Hopkins and Kittle were hurt all season last year and still put up numbers, he will have a bounce back, its just up to him what he wants his body to take.

 

Hopkins and Kittle were both dealing with shoulder injuries though so to bring them into the convo as a comparison isn't exactly accurate.

While obviously every player is different it does seem as though the high-ankle sprain is consistently a fantasy outlook killer, I'm absolutely erring on the side of caution with this situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took this guy over Henry,  Kamara and CEH in full ppr multiple flex league going WR heavy. So much for that plan and now he’s dealing with a bum ankle? Shoot me. His season (our fantasy season)  is over with. He probably won’t be fully healed till week 8. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These injuries man.

My team got **** on harder than Odell FFS.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

Took this guy over Henry,  Kamara and CEH in full ppr multiple flex league going WR heavy. So much for that plan and now he’s dealing with a bum ankle? Shoot me. His season (our fantasy season)  is over with. He probably won’t be fully healed till week 8. 

That's what Im saying and I was ridiculed for it.  His outlook is shot.  Gotta be real here.

Of course we will keep plugging away. Championships taste better when you earn them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Thanks fatty.   At the end of the day, Thomas will return to play while you're giving yourself insulin shots with a Grape Fanta chaser.

 

You are kidding yourself if you think this isnt terrible news for his fantasy outlook. He probably should sit, he obviously wont want to but that shouldnt matter.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.