Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

1 time he has been worth a 1st round price was last year.

1 of 3

Well, he’s played four seasons, and without looking, I’d guess 2018 was worth a 1st rd price, too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

8 weeks missed, punched a teammate, suspended by his team, lingering injuries, no realistic timetable for a return. 

Super salty here, rightfully so.

He was never suspended. Payton has been clear about that. He’s missed because of a high ankle sprain and then a hammy that he probably hurt over-compensating for the ankle. I just think it’s ridiculous all the vitriol in here over injuries derailing his season. This guy has never missed a game, but now he’s soft...lol. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He was never suspended. Payton has been clear about that. He’s missed because of a high ankle sprain and then a hammy that he probably hurt over-compensating for the ankle. I just think it’s ridiculous all the vitriol in here over injuries derailing his season. This guy has never missed a game, but now he’s soft...lol. 

The official New Orleans Saints website says that his missed Week 5 was not injury related:

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/saints-saturday-injury-report-2020-week-5-vs-los-angeles-chargers

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

You can believe the coach speak if you want to.

MT punched Chauncey Garner Johnson during practice. I don't care what kind of cover-up the coaches tried to engage in, that's what happened.

He is the bust of the year so far.

Dude has 4.7 more PPR points so far this season than Antonio Brown 👀

Just now, vercrazy said:

The official New Orleans Saints website says that his missed Week 5 was not injury related:

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/saints-saturday-injury-report-2020-week-5-vs-los-angeles-chargers

I take that back...Payton said he was not suspended for punching his teammate, but for how he responded to the coaching staff afterward. I was thinking about the punch but not the other and was incorrect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You can believe the coach speak if you want to.

MT punched Chauncey Garner Johnson during practice. I don't care what kind of cover-up the coaches tried to engage in, that's what happened.

He is the bust of the year so far.

Dude has 4.7 more PPR points so far this season than Antonio Brown 👀

Saquon and not close...if we’re counting injuries as busts. 

Edited by Flyman75

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I take that back...Payton said he was not suspended for punching his teammate, but for how he responded to the coaching staff afterward. I was thinking about the punch but not the other and was incorrect. 

Good deal. So he is insubordinate to his bosses AFTER punching his teammate. Got it.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Good deal. So he is insubordinate to his bosses AFTER punching his teammate. Got it.

I admitted I was incorrect, so you can chill with the attitude. 

And I did notice you ignored my other post. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Well, he’s played four seasons, and without looking, I’d guess 2018 was worth a 1st rd price, too. 

I was wrong on that, he has been WR1 3 straight years.

Straight bust so far this year though.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Barkley has 4 times as many fantasy points as MT this season.

And will not play again this year. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I admitted I was incorrect, so you can chill with the attitude. 

And I did notice you ignored my other post. 

Ignored and preoccupied are 2 different things, I appreciate the discourse.

26 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

This trade deadline will tell us the truth.

We already know the truth. The trade deadline with just be an opportunity for idiots to embrace reality, but I fear they'll just make up some reason why their fantasy didn't come true and they'll take the same broken logic over to some other player's thread for the next big conspiracy.

The main reason that I don’t see Micheal Thomas getting anywhere near the production he did last year is that Brees won’t force feed Thomas again.  Brees clearly was trying to get Thomas the single season reception record.   If week 1 was any indication, Brees is no longer interested in pumping up Thomas’s numbers.  Thomas will still get a decent amount of targets, but nowhere like last year.  Thomas in 2019, didn’t have any dud games, but week 1 in 2020 he has a dud, kinda of makes you think.  In 2019, Brees was throwing Thomas WR screen passes, just to get him receptions, not trying to gain yardage.

• Haha 1

Bust of the year? Lol He’s resting for 2nd half of season...

2 words... 99 Madden

Edited by BIGFATPANDA

10 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

The main reason that I don’t see Micheal Thomas getting anywhere near the production he did last year is that Brees won’t force feed Thomas again.  Brees clearly was trying to get Thomas the single season reception record.   If week 1 was any indication, Brees is no longer interested in pumping up Thomas’s numbers.  Thomas will still get a decent amount of targets, but nowhere like last year.  Thomas in 2019, didn’t have any dud games, but week 1 in 2020 he has a dud, kinda of makes you think.  In 2019, Brees was throwing Thomas WR screen passes, just to get him receptions, not trying to gain yardage.

Yeah, I talked to Brees and he confirmed this. He told me he didn't care about gaining yards, scoring points, or winning games at all last year. He just decided at the beginning of the season that he was going to do whatever it took to help another player set a personal record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Yeah, I talked to Brees and he confirmed this. He told me he didn't care about gaining yards, scoring points, or winning games at all last year. He just decided at the beginning of the season that he was going to do whatever it took to help another player set a personal record.

What we do know is Brees had 30 pass attempts week 1 and Michael (Slant Boy) Thomas only had targets, and he was healthy.  You have to go back to 2018, week 11 to find a game where Thomas was targeted so few times.  Wait and see, Thomas isn’t going to come close to last year’s production on a per game basis.  Thomas is a top WR, no doubt, but he just isn’t going to have those massive games frequently, he’ll get a few maybe, but nowhere near what he did in 2019.   That’s pretty much a given.  With Sanders, Cook, Kamara, T. Smith and rookie phenom MarquezCallaway, Brees won’t be force feeding Thomas any longer.  5 targets out of 30 attempts from Brees is just a sign of things to come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

What we do know is Brees had 30 pass attempts week 1 and Michael (Slant Boy) Thomas only had targets, and he was healthy.  You have to go back to 2018, week 11 to find a game where Thomas was targeted so few times.  Wait and see, Thomas isn’t going to come close to last year’s production on a per game basis.  Thomas is a top WR, no doubt, but he just isn’t going to have those massive games frequently, he’ll get a few maybe, but nowhere near what he did in 2019.   That’s pretty much a given.  With Sanders, Cook, Kamara, T. Smith and rookie phenom MarquezCallaway, Brees won’t be force feeding Thomas any longer.  5 targets out of 30 attempts from Brees is just a sign of things to come.

Amazing analysis, and to think you came to this conclusion based off a week 1 performance without any preseason. Incredible.

Edited by n4sa
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

Thomas isn’t going to come close to last year’s production on a per game basis.  Thomas is a top WR, no doubt, but he just isn’t going to have those massive games frequently, he’ll get a few maybe, but nowhere near what he did in 2019. That’s pretty much a given.  With Sanders, Cook, Kamara, T. Smith and rookie phenom MarquezCallaway, Brees won’t be force feeding Thomas any longer.  5 targets out of 30 attempts from Brees is just a sign of things to come.

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Do we think this dude plays next week? 

No, next week he pulls his "groin" and will be out another 3 weeks.

just traded for this guy, surely he plays next week after putting up two limited sessions, especially with the rest of their receiver group so hobbled right??

18 minutes ago, johnwallin said:

just traded for this guy, surely he plays next week after putting up two limited sessions, especially with the rest of their receiver group so hobbled right??

spacer.png

• Haha 2