Boudewijn

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

Took this guy over Henry,  Kamara and CEH in full ppr multiple flex league going WR heavy. So much for that plan and now he’s dealing with a bum ankle? Shoot me. His season (our fantasy season)  is over with. He probably won’t be fully healed till week 8. 

Ouchie...

3 minutes ago, !!! said:

You are kidding yourself if you think this isnt terrible news for his fantasy outlook. He probably should sit, he obviously wont want to but that shouldnt matter.

Hey buddy...a couple of keys to the right of the "L" is a key with something called an apostrophe.  It' looks like this....'.  

• Haha 1

Good news is MT13 has a week 6 bye. Ill take him back week 7. Just gotta be .500 til then. 

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Hey buddy...a couple of keys to the right of the "L" is a key with something called an apostrophe.  It' looks like this....'.  

Because you couldn't understand what he was saying without those apostrophes. lmao

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Haha stick to the facts 'buddy'. Nobody is interested in how salty you are, only in the fantasy impact of the injury. Take your whining to the vent thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Good news is MT13 has a week 6 bye. Ill take him back week 7. Just gotta be .500 til then. 

Because you couldn't understand what he was saying without those apostrophe's. lmao

If he sits out till then he should be healed. But if he tries to play through it, which it sounds like he will, his season is toast. 

Just now, gbill2004 said:

If he sits out till then he should be healed. But if he tries to play through it, which it sounds like he will, his season is toast. 

We will see what happens and what grade sprain it is. Supposedly he was walking fine after the game but trainers didn't look at it then, not that I'd put a whole lot into that, just something. I'm pretty sure when Barkley went out, he had a boot immediately...

16 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Its also crushing for Bree's owners too.

Brees used to throw for 5k to a bunch of nobodies. 0 concern here lol 

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Excellent insight, tell me more

You sound like an angry Thomas owner who doesn't want to hear the truth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Brees used to be elite. He and Brady both looked like they lost a little of their step last night. Father time is a thing

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Marques Colston was underrated, ya hear?

• Like 1

Just now, Chippa said:

Marques Colston was underrated, ya hear?

I know he was lol he also had graham and cooks for awhile so it’s not like he was actually throwing to nobodies. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, !!! said:

Haha stick to the facts 'buddy'. Nobody is interested in how salty you are, only in the fantasy impact of the injury. Take your whining to the vent thread.

I'm not salty at all.  At the end of the day, I'll still be able to hop in my '88 Trans Am and forget this even happened.  For every week that Thomas misses, I'll have picked up four or five hotties and drank forty five shots of Jager,

Edited by K197040
  • Haha 1

Was thinking about this guy as a potential buy low, sent an offer to the MT owner in my league. (Godwin/Hunt for him in case you were wondering). 

He said he was thinking about accepting it, I cancelled the trade after looking more into this ankle injury. What’s our most definitive outlook on the injury and how this affects his value in the coming weeks and/or this season?

As I understand it, players can be put on IR for 3 weeks this season.  I can see coaches moving players with injuries like high ankle sprains to IR because of this rule change.  I would think this is in the range of outcomes for Thomas.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

These high ankle sprains linger. His season is toast. 

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Excellent insight, tell me more

toast1
/tōst/
 noun

1. 1sliced bread browned on both sides by exposure to radiant heat.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd be surprised if he played next week, or if he played next week and didn't end up having to sit a few games. High ankle sprains are no joke. That said, I'm not a doctor:

2 hours ago, !!! said:

Hey man! 
image.jpeg.ce7c71856899b34de52d531dd92e9e6c.jpeg

You have to be careful! Lol.

Editing to make sure people recognize the sarcasm and don’t get there panties in a bunch. Lol. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1

Even if he does play, he will be maybe 75% of himself at best and has a significant possibility of missing the rest of the season if he makes it any worse. Need more information on it, but 5-6 week recovery if he did nothing but rehab is the best bet, and if he plays maybe closer to 10 to get back to 100%

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

And how old was Brees back then?