Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

Taysom Hill kills the value of anyone not named Taysom Hill.

Posted Images

Brees definitely looked a little lost, but so did a lot of folks this week. Definitely a different type of season so I would expect them to sharpen up. As an owner who was gifted Thomas in the mid second round, I would rather him sit a week or two and come back 100% in Week 3 or 4. Too early to panic, but definitely concerned. The Saints may be 1-0 but I'm not. Haha... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ThisIsTheYear said:

Not worried about Thomas. He will get force fed the ball. Off game, not many targets, they'll tighten it up. Feeding Thomas opens up the whole rest of the field.

Just out of curiosity, what would it take to get you to be worried about something?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cord said:

I'd be surprised if he played next week, or if he played next week and didn't end up having to sit a few games. High ankle sprains are no joke. That said, I'm not a doctor:

 

Chao has also said that it's a "very mild high ankle". 

I'm not particularly worried. I saw the play and it didn't seem like he rolled it that bad. I'd start MT with confidence. If you have a roster spot, pick up a WR in the MNF just in case... Tre'Quan Smith, Bryan Edwards, Hunter Renfrow.

 

For me though, I'm starting MT with confidence unless he's out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still don’t know what the hell happened out there. I lost 6 matchups because Michael F’n Thomas can’t get me more than 5 points, in half ppr. Michael F’n Thomas? 5 points in half ppr? 
 

Didn’t watch the game so I legitimately though he was injured well before the 4th quarter. Turning into the game at the end and I see a QB not named Brees in the game in a play that just to kill the clock, and I saw Michael F’n Thomas trying to block. And got his ankle rolled on from behind. 
 

Flashback to last season when Adams got hurt. It didn’t look bad, but yet lost him for a significant portion of the season. So by saying it didn’t look that bad, I am assuming Michael Thomas will be gone for a few games. He will probably try to play through it, I didn’t really read his contract language much, but I’m sure he has some incentives for 100 catches or some milestone to hit. Meaning, he’ll play even if it is just to be out there. Which will further complicated things for fantasy owners. But oh well, if he is active, you gotta start him. 
 

It is going to be a long season for 100% stock holder. Sigh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ginocan said:

Still don’t know what the hell happened out there. I lost 6 matchups because Michael F’n Thomas can’t get me more than 5 points, in half ppr. Michael F’n Thomas? 5 points in half ppr? 
 

Didn’t watch the game so I legitimately though he was injured well before the 4th quarter. Turning into the game at the end and I see a QB not named Brees in the game in a play that just to kill the clock, and I saw Michael F’n Thomas trying to block. And got his ankle rolled on from behind. 
 

Flashback to last season when Adams got hurt. It didn’t look bad, but yet lost him for a significant portion of the season. So by saying it didn’t look that bad, I am assuming Michael Thomas will be gone for a few games. He will probably try to play through it, I didn’t really read his contract language much, but I’m sure he has some incentives for 100 catches or some milestone to hit. Meaning, he’ll play even if it is just to be out there. Which will further complicated things for fantasy owners. But oh well, if he is active, you gotta start him. 
 

It is going to be a long season for 100% stock holder. Sigh. 

He was just not part of the gameplan for whatever reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ThisIsTheYear said:

Not worried about Thomas. He will get force fed the ball. Off game, not many targets, they'll tighten it up. Feeding Thomas opens up the whole rest of the field.

 

The concern is his injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Just out of curiosity, what would it take to get you to be worried about something?

Sustained drop in targets (not just one game), or confirmed serious news about a long term bad injury. I haven't seen anything yet confirming the results of his ankle thing from sunday...

And I have several shares of Michael Thomas so I sure as hell want to see him be OK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThisIsTheYear said:

Sustained drop in targets (not just one game), or confirmed serious news about a long term bad injury. I haven't seen anything yet confirming the results of his ankle thing from sunday...

And I have several shares of Michael Thomas so I sure as hell want to see him be OK

high ankle sprains have derailed many a studs fantasy football seasons. recent examples, saquon, devante adams, odell, james conner just to name a few

Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith may have a decent line once or twice, but I expect the offense to shift to a more grind it out like when Teddy was starting last year. Sanders Cook Kamara & Murray get a bump, I wouldn’t expect any fantasy relevance from anyone else 

Edited by Breesus
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...