Rotoworld.com Forums

Michael Thomas 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, yossarian said:

Seriously. What the hell with that? He gets like 3 targets the entire game AND he's left out to run out the clock with the scrubs and gets injured as a result. Is he in Payton AND Brees's dog house for some reason?

If they threw a garbage time TD to him you would have loved it though.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. You got it like that huh. I don’t think I know 1 surgeon, let alone multiples. What the heck are you doing here with us peasants. 

And F Sean Payton for having him out there when the game was decided and all the other backups were in.  

Taysom Hill kills the value of anyone not named Taysom Hill.

Posted Images

A lot of a-holes on here. Actually a lot of a-holes living on earth in general. Just do you and that will be fine and dandy. But now that you know about AC forums, the next time we gonna have to be extra a-holes. 

haha. 

Edited by ginocan
To be or not to be
10 hours ago, dsrich said:

If they threw a garbage time TD to him you would have loved it though.

yes ... yes, this is very true. 

Kamara was also out there for the final drive - had a TD reversed, iirc - but you're right, had it been MT13 all would've been well in the world ... was anyone complaining about him being in that late in the game thread? or was it like "JUST ONE TD HERE TO MT13 TO SALVAGE MY DAY, PLEEEAASSSEE!!!1!111!1!11!"

i bet it was the latter 🤷‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yes ... yes, this is very true. 

Kamara was also out there for the final drive - had a TD reversed, iirc - but you're right, had it been MT13 all would've been well in the world ... was anyone complaining about him being in that late in the game thread? or was it like "JUST ONE TD HERE TO MT13 TO SALVAGE MY DAY, PLEEEAASSSEE!!!1!111!1!11!"

i bet it was the latter 🤷‍♂️

Given how the game had been called by Payton up to that point and where they were in the game (running out the clock, up by more than 1 td, in the red zone) I was pretty sure any score from that distance was going to either Hill, Kamara, or Murray so personally I wasn't even looking to see if MT was in. I thought he was on the sidelines. 

Sooo...I guess you'd lose that bet?  🤷‍♂️🙂

• Haha 1
On 9/15/2020 at 4:08 PM, ThisIsTheYear said:

9/18, 9:43 am
  • Thomas (ankle) "felt fantastic" Thursday and there remains a "little glimmer of hope" he can play Monday at Las Vegas, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: The 27-year-old was expected to miss several weeks after testing earlier this week showed his high-ankle sprain was worse than expected, but he's apparently made significant progress over the past couple days. Thomas didn't participate at Thursday's practice despite the improvement, but he still has two more days to return to the practice field in some capacity. He still seems unlikely to be available for Week 2, but his outlook for the near future appears better than previously believed

I'd be testing the waters with any Thomas owner who is 0-1 or heading for 0-2. Even if he's out through their bye (which sounds highly unlikely) being able to add him for the stretch run for even 85% cost would be an absolute steal. 

28 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:
  • Thomas (ankle) "felt fantastic" Thursday and there remains a "little glimmer of hope" he can play Monday at Las Vegas, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: The 27-year-old was expected to miss several weeks after testing earlier this week showed his high-ankle sprain was worse than expected, but he's apparently made significant progress over the past couple days. Thomas didn't participate at Thursday's practice despite the improvement, but he still has two more days to return to the practice field in some capacity. He still seems unlikely to be available for Week 2, but his outlook for the near future appears better than previously believed

I prefer to put very little trust in the "blurbs" you see all over.

35 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

prepare for this every week for the next 3 or 4 weeks. Man I just wish they'd just IR him for 3 weeks so we can all find a short term replacement. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, yossarian said:

prepare for this every week for the next 3 or 4 weeks. Man I just wish they'd just IR him for 3 weeks so we can all find a short term replacement. 

Yea...perhaps Thomas was being a bit "sarcastic" when he said he felt Fantastic. No way a high ankle sprain feels Fantastic.......

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Recent trade i made for Thomas for reference. I think like it, didnt really want Ertz tho. The other guys was very adamant about including the D/STs for some reason.

Received;
   Michael Thomas
   James Conner
   Zach Ertz
   Seahawks D/ST

Sent;
   JuJu Smith-Schuster
   Leonard Fournette
   Will Fuller V
   Steelers D/ST

• Haha 1

I feel like we've went through this with him before.  I'm starting to think he'll play.  I'm not as black/white as other posts on here.  Him playing can still lead to good things.  Let's not wish him to IR all at one time.  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

Nah, it'll be just like Adams last year. Several weeks out or doubtful, very limited if he plays, then back to normal by the playoffs.

Playoffs!? Playoffs!!!??

Seriously, I would be surprised if he's not back by week 4 or 5. 

2 hours ago, yossarian said:

Yep, it is all smoke and mirrors to make opponents game plan for both him playing and not playing.

10 minutes ago, Gootz said:

Yep, it is all smoke and mirrors to make opponents game plan for both him playing and not playing.

I agree.  The reports were that he has a high ankle sprain and there's been enough proof that this is not an injury you just bounce back from the next week.  So, even if he was active and "playing", I'm not going to start him.  I need proof that he's truly ok before I put him back in my lineup.  

Last year, I think it was David Johnson who was injured but "started" and only was on the field for only one play (or was it one series).  

1 hour ago, gsiegel said:

Nah, it'll be just like Adams last year. Several weeks out or doubtful, very limited if he plays, then back to normal by the playoffs.

I owned Adams last year. I never read him saying 'he felt fantastic' in all those weeks he missed. It was pretty dreary negative actually. Hopefully everybody handcuffed Thomas with Sanders or Trequan in waivers this week, so you can wait it out until Monday night.

Edited by TennisDude
21 minutes ago, Gootz said:

agreed. if it's a high ankle sprain as reported then he's not playing this week. There's not "questionable" about it. 

6 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I owned Adams last year. I never read him saying 'he felt fantastic' in all those weeks he missed. It was pretty dreary negative actually. Hopefully everybody handcuffed Thomas with Sanders or Trequan in waivers this week, so you can wait it out until Monday night.

That would be wonderful indeed. High ankle sprains can be strange and lingering it seems. So far we've heard slightly injured, worse than first thought, now feels fantastic. Guess we'll have to see...

Best thing you can do with him is bench him until he has a decent game.  Treat all the blurbs are meaningless.

I have been screwed way too many times with players, especially receivers, coming back and "looking great", only to be used as a decoy and they're actually not ok.

Sit him until you see him play a high snap count, look good on the field, and get decent targets.  You may miss out on a good game, but its way better than possibly taking multiple crap games.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Best thing you can do with him is bench him until he has a decent game.  Treat all the blurbs are meaningless.

I have been screwed way too many times with players, especially receivers, coming back and "looking great", only to be used as a decoy and they're actually not ok.

Sit him until you see him play a high snap count, look good on the field, and get decent targets.  You may miss out on a good game, but its way better than possibly taking multiple crap games.

Im going to say false here. Granted, I am benching him this week but only because his game is monday night and its a week after the injury. If he makes it through a couple practices next week and its trending up, im not sitting him and missing out on a 20 spot. I get some players are "decoys", but so early in the season, if he cant suit up, no reason to risk an injury for a "decoy" per say. Especially if they end up 2-0, he wont be out there if he isnt ready with 2 wins

Most players aren't a freak like MT13, so 80% for him is most of the leagues players at 110%

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

Im going to say false here. Granted, I am benching him this week but only because his game is monday night and its a week after the injury. If he makes it through a couple practices next week and its trending up, im not sitting him and missing out on a 20 spot. I get some players are "decoys", but so early in the season, if he cant suit up, no reason to risk an injury for a "decoy" per say. Especially if they end up 2-0, he wont be out there if he isnt ready with 2 wins

Most players aren't a freak like MT13, so 80% for him is most of the leagues players at 110%

Fair enough.  If he gets full practices in on Thursday and Friday and we see videos of him cutting totally fine, then ok. 

But that's unlikely to happen with a high ankle sprain.  They typically take at least 4 weeks to heal, and I would not be surprised if they put him out there in a diminished capacity, just because he is a huge threat and it allows them to create space for their other playmakers.  This happens all the time.

This week is a definite no-no for starting him.  I don't care what he says.  No high ankle sprain heals in a week.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Yea...perhaps Thomas was being a bit "sarcastic" when he said he felt Fantastic. No way a high ankle sprain feels Fantastic.......

I actually bet he did feel fantastic.  Getting shot up with those opioids will do that to you.

tenor.gif?itemid=5522870

• Like 1