Davante Adams 2020 Outlook

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoosh

LaFleur just said he should be good to go Sunday.  

20+ pts for a WR in non-PPR would usually be considered a very good game.

As an Adams owner wouldn't you be a bit disappointed if he didn't get you 20+ in each game?  I mean if you ignore the game he got injured and the one where Rodgers stunk up the joint with his worst career performance, last night was a bad game for him.

Hopkins who nearly everyone considers a top 3 WR (and someone in the Assistant Coach's forum said was about the same as Adams) has yet to break 20 once, and Adams has 115 FPTS in two fewer games than Hopkins who has "only" scored 86.4 FPTS.

OK, I admit I am a bit giddy about his performance and he is likely to revert somewhat (he can't keep it up can he?)--given his target share, he is even more unbelievable in a PPR format.  Owning him is like having an extra WR1 slot in your lineup.

• 2 weeks later...

Missed practice today, 

Watched the GB last week, where he missed a series due to the ankle injury, but appeared fine once returning. He even scored his TD after the injury.

I imagine the team will take it easy on him in practice this week, but I have to believe he will be ready to go on Sunday.

16 hours ago, brosephd said:

can't trust packers training staff man. extremely cautious. have backups in case. 

people forget that this guy is injury prone from time to time...concussion history is scary and then last years toe, this years hamstring, two years ago was healthy, and now ankle...hope it ain’t high ankle 

If it was high-ankle we'd have heard about it by now and he'd by on IR with Schefter talking about X-rays, tests, and the like the last couple days. No way he gets in a limited practice like he did the other day to boot.

Probably at worst a moderate lateral sprain that they might hold him out 1 week for so it doesn't end up lingering throughout the season. They are probably weighing that right now, let him play and have it nag a bit or sit him 1 week so it fully heals up. Knowing the Packers, betting on the latter. However, the Vikings are surging and this would be a big loss for them, so who knows.

It is definitely unfortunate that Davante is so injury prone, just in a complete tier of his own when he's out there.

Edited by harck
Just now, harck said:

If it was high-ankle we'd have heard about it by now and he'd by on IR with Schefter talking about X-rays, tests, and the like. No way he gets in a limited too. Probably at worst a moderate lateral sprain that they might hold him out 1 week for so it doesn't end up lingering throughout the season. They are probably weighing that right now, let him play and have it nag a bit or sit him 1 week so it fully heals up. Knowing the Packers, betting on the latter.

not necessarily, there have been multiple times that teams have hidden significant injuries only later to reveal  that they were more serious.  i'm not saying  that is the case here, just pointing out that banking on there being no news after 4 days means it isn't a big deal is not accurate.  

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

not necessarily, there have been multiple times that teams have hidden significant injuries only later to reveal  that they were more serious.  i'm not saying  that is the case here, just pointing out that banking on there being no news after 4 days means it isn't a big deal is not accurate.  

The fact that he went back in the game after the injury and didn't appear much out of sorts does tend to indicate that it isn't that big a deal.  If he had never reentered the game and wasn't practicing, then I'd be worried.  It's not like he really needs to practice at this point in the season.  If he is a little banged up, then let him get some rest.

Edited by fbi314159
3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

As referenced in the hit day time drama " Day to Day- The Joe Mixon story "

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

He also came back in after sitting out the drive he injured his ankle on. He played the whole 4th quarter through it and had a couple catches a great TD grab...wasn't really limping or anything. Obviously things can swell up after the fact, but I doubt he plays a whole productive second half of the game on a high ankle sprain, along with logging a limited practice yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Panthor said:

I don't disagree, but I feel like in almost all of those cases there were always rumblings in hindsight that people overlooked. The most noteworthy for me is when we hear about follow up tests, X-Rays, MRIs, second opinions. Mixon is the one that comes to mind this season where it was expected his injury would be 1-2 weeks at most, by both writers and us fans. HOWEVER, there were still the rumblings/warning-signs as Schefter etc.. were reporting his MRI schedulings and Zac Taylor being cagey about those results.

CMC looks to be another one of those cases where a "might be out for a week" is turning into 4 weeks, but even when people were optimistic we heard about all the doctor opinions and tests. For me, when I see those rumblings I always assume the worst. When we hear nothing about an MRI, X-ray, or doctor opinions, I generally feel more optimistic because those always leak to reporters.

Edited by harck