Boudewijn

Davante Adams 2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Thomas, and then interchange with Hill/Adams. Adams floor Hill ceiling for top-3 WR, and Julio belongs there too. 

Last year Adams was frustrating, but turned it on last 5-6 games of the year. The division doesn't seem as mighty as it once was besides possibly bears D being good again and Lions drafting that #3 pick as a CB.

I'd happily take him...but not mid 1st round. 

Then where would you take him?  Because if it's not mid 1st round your not going to get him.

At least not in a ppr league you won't.

10 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Then where would you take him?  Because if it's not mid 1st round your not going to get him.

At least not in a ppr league you won't.

I wouldn't take any WR in the mid-1st round unless it's Michael Thomas. Only time I'm considering WRs in the first two rounds is at the 1/2 turn and to see if Julio, Hill is there. RB is too premium and Mixon is the superior value over replacement pick.

Zeke right now is going after Hopkins and Adams right now FFS. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I wouldn't take any WR in the mid-1st round unless it's Michael Thomas. Only time I'm considering WRs in the first two rounds is at the 1/2 turn and to see if Julio, Hill is there. RB is too premium and Mixon is the superior value over replacement pick.

By your strategy, in no particular order these are the names coming off the board before the 1/2 turn:

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. Mixon

7. Thomas

8-11......which RBs are you choosing? Are you saying you'd go QB there?  It's doesn't sound like it.

Tell me who's next on your list if not a WR please.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Yeah after Zeke and Mixon I really don’t like the RBs in the back end of the first into the second.

Henry doesn’t get enough receiving work to take that high, Fournette is plagued with red flags, Jones just had the Packers spend a high pick on a RB, and Chubb has an extremely talented back to split carries with. I’m way more comfortable taking like Mixon/Zeke + Godwin/Evans than Adams + Jones or something like that if I’m picking mid first. 

Edited by Gohawks

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

By your strategy, in no particular order these are the names coming off the board before the 1/2 turn:

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. Mixon

7. Thomas

8-11......which RBs are you choosing? Are you saying you'd go QB there?  It's doesn't sound like it.

Yeah that’s the thing. You can’t just say I won’t take a WR no matter what. Honestly not a bad year to go WR/WR.  If you can get Mixon I would but there’s no way I’m taking like Fournette or Jones over Adams/Godwin/Hopkins/Hill/Julio. 

• Like 1

You could make a good case to pick Adams over MT. He was a beacon of consistency in 2018 then got killed by an early injury last season. MT is obviously due for regression and might lose some volume to Sanders and a healthy Kamara. Meanwhile the Packers didn't add anyone noteworthy to the WR corps.

MT, Adams, Hill, and maybe Hopkins/Julio could be taken as the first WR and it wouldn't really be crazy. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sSektor said:

You could make a good case to pick Adams over MT. He was a beacon of consistency in 2018 then got killed by an early injury last season. MT is obviously due for regression and might lose some volume to Sanders and a healthy Kamara. Meanwhile the Packers didn't add anyone noteworthy to the WR corps.

MT, Adams, Hill, and maybe Hopkins/Julio could be taken as the first WR and it wouldn't really be crazy. 

Yep-   I don’t think it’s ever a bad year to take a wr in the first.    Not the only way to skin a cat...but there’s value in consistency and volume from either flex position 

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. Mixon

7. Thomas

@PlayTheWaivers I'm waiting for your response.  

14 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

@PlayTheWaivers I'm waiting for your response.  

Look- I love Davante Adams and already said I'd go WR at the turn at the earliest. If he's there, great. If not, Hill, Julio, are just as good. 

And yes- I'm expecting a leap from Josh Jacobs this year with a better offense around him. He was fantastic. I also am fine with Derrick Henry- a threat to lead the league in TDs and even rushing yards.

So then Adams is at 1.10- which is totally fine with me. Right around the turn. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sSektor said:

I won't disagree with you. There's not really a wrong answer- I just value Jacobs and Henry over the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board...Aaron Jones has a case too...but there's risk there. After Jones, there's a lot of floor/ceiling uncertainties. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I won't disagree with you. There's not really a wrong answer- I just value Jacobs and Henry over the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board...Aaron Jones has a case too...but there's risk there. After Jones, there's a lot of floor/ceiling uncertainties. 

This is fair-  but the counter is that these top WRs are as sure a bet as it gets in fantasy.    Taking a couple up top and then shots with upside rbs in the third or fourth on could be a brilliant move.    Picking the right players is more important than rigidly picking positions early. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. Mixon

7. Thomas

Kenyan Drake?

George Kittle?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

This is fair-  but the counter is that these top WRs are as sure a bet as it gets in fantasy.    Taking a couple up top and then shots with upside rbs in the third or fourth on could be a brilliant move.    Picking the right players is more important than rigidly picking positions early. 

Same goes for WR's no? 

Picking a guy like AJ brown last year would have been a nice value pick instead of going WR heavy early on. 

Plenty of strategies to get to the same place.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Same goes for WR's no? 

Picking a guy like AJ brown last year would have been a nice value pick instead of going WR heavy early on. 

Plenty of strategies to get to the same place.

Indeed

Dalvin Cook is another to add to the "first-round RB, before the second or third WR" list

48 minutes ago, JJRules said:

Dalvin Cook is another to add to the "first-round RB, before the second or third WR" list

Opps how did I miss him?  Then here is the draft order again with Cook included. I'm curious for most of you out there, what would be your selections for the rest of round 1 to include the turn pick 13?

In ppr, if you choose a WR say at the 11-12 spot, would you feel comfortable selecting Gonzalez for your next selection around the turn?  Or do you feel you must come out of the turn with a RB come Hell or high water?

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. Mixon

7. Thomas

8. Cook

9. ?

10. ?

11. ?

12. ? 

13. ?

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Opps how did I miss him?  Then here is the draft order again with Cook included. I'm curious for most of you out there, what would be your selections for the rest of round 1 to include the turn pick 13?

In ppr, if you choose a WR say at the 11-12 spot, would you feel comfortable selecting Gonzalez for your next selection around the turn?  Or do you feel you must come out of the turn with a RB come Hell or high water?

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. Mixon

7. Thomas

8. Cook

9. ?

10. ?

11. ?

12. ? 

13. ?

Kenyan Drake

Josh Jacobs

Posted (edited)

outside inj concerns hes about safest/consistent ppr 1st rder next to m thomas

he played full season hes at 110 rec 1320 yds

fantasypros "He's played 27 games over the last two years, and he's scored 16-plus PPR points in 23 of them"

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 11:30 AM, theSPANKER said:

1. CMC

2. Barkley

3. Zeke

4. Kamara

5. Henry

6. Mixon

7. Thomas

8. Cook

9. ?

10. ?

11. ?

12. ? 

13. ?

Who is Gonzalez?

this is a good conversation. I really struggle with it. Hill, Julio and Hopkins are all super nice but if you take two of them at the 1/2 turn you’re looking at guys like Lev Bell, David Johnson and David Montgomery as your possible RB1, assuming Conner, Fournette, and Carson have already gone. Meanwhile, guys like Ridley, Woods and Chark are usually there. The drop off at RB seems much higher.  

Therefore, for me, I think I’m taking an RB hell or high water, preferably two. The other option is to go zero-ish RB and then shotgun approach, but that’s harder to do outside of full ppr 

2 hours ago, aapox said:

Who is Gonzalez?

this is a good conversation. I really struggle with it. Hill, Julio and Hopkins are all super nice but if you take two of them at the 1/2 turn you’re looking at guys like Lev Bell, David Johnson and David Montgomery as your possible RB1, assuming Conner, Fournette, and Carson have already gone. Meanwhile, guys like Ridley, Woods and Chark are usually there. The drop off at RB seems much higher.  

Therefore, for me, I think I’m taking an RB hell or high water, preferably two. The other option is to go zero-ish RB and then shotgun approach, but that’s harder to do outside of full ppr 

Did I actually write Gonzalez?  Man I must be getting old. I meant to write Kelce. 

I feel the same with you, I'm still taking a RB.  Probably Drake or Sanders in the first round.

I want Julio. But let's say I grab him at 9 or 10 spot , that's still a long way from your next pick and guys in 10-12 spots could go RB/RB leaving you scraps for your next pick.

And in my league, traditionally RBs get gobbled up quickly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@aapox @theSPANKER

are you comfortable taking a rb like sanders or drake even if you view them as less safe just based on them being a rb? you know adams julio hill are going to hit if healthy/qb health

i agree wr/wr wr/te is tough especially with quality wr making back at the 3/4 turn (i also like ertz there in ppr making it easier to pass on kelce 1/2)

full ppr you could go wr/wr then te/rb then hope akers/swift/hunt make it back late 5th. gives you a nice floor with rb upside. hoping to hit on some other rb later williams dobbins rojo cohen ect

if you know ur league drafts rb heavy then you can either go completely against it or follow along and just draft similar builds (seems safer)

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Did I actually write Gonzalez?  Man I must be getting old. I meant to write Kelce. 

I feel the same with you, I'm still taking a RB.  Probably Drake or Sanders in the first round.

I want Julio. But let's say I grab him at 9 or 10 spot , that's still a long way from your next pick and guys in 10-12 spots could go RB/RB leaving you scraps for your next pick.

And in my league, traditionally RBs get gobbled up quickly.

Nothing wrong with going WR/WR. I’m not going to reach for a back I don’t like in the 10-15 slot just so I can have a back.

Plus, I really like the RBs in the 30s to early 40s. A lot of fairly safe high volume guys there. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

@aapox @theSPANKER

are you comfortable taking a rb like sanders or drake even if you view them as less safe just based on them being a rb? you know adams julio hill are going to hit if healthy/qb health

i agree wr/wr wr/te is tough especially with quality wr making back at the 3/4 turn (i also like ertz there in ppr making it easier to pass on kelce 1/2)

full ppr you could go wr/wr then te/rb then hope akers/swift/hunt make it back late 5th. gives you a nice floor with rb upside. hoping to hit on some other rb later williams dobbins rojo cohen ect

if you know ur league drafts rb heavy then you can either go completely against it or follow along and just draft similar builds (seems safer)

I don't play in any full PPR leagues and my main league is standard with yardage bonuses and 2 flexes, so having a dependable RB corps is pretty key to winning. I don't think I'm leaving the 2nd round without one RB. Sanders and Drake both have some risk but they also have top-6 upside. I am okay with them. I certainly would rather have a pairing like Drake and Ridley than Julio and Fournette/Bell/DJ/whoever though, because I just don't trust those RBs in the 3rd and 4th. I won't be taking more than one of them, most likely.