Davante Adams 2020 Outlook

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoosh

LaFleur just said he should be good to go Sunday.  

38 minutes ago, WSR said:

I also think he will play, but as a Packers fan I know the team is extremely cautious. I've seen practice clips where he seems to be running fine, but I picked up Tonyan as an emergency play if he doesn't go. A bye next week doesn't help either.

So as a packers fan, what GB wr would you pick up if Adams doesn’t play? 

MVS isn’t an option 

Edited by Breesus
Just now, Breesus said:

So as a packers fan, what GB wr would you pick up if Adams doesn’t play? 

MVS isn’t an option 

I would probably lean towards Shepard only because he has experience in the system. (Played last year but had a bad game and was cut) To be honest though, if Adams is out, I see them going run heavy and a lot of play action with TE's. 

1 minute ago, WSR said:

I would probably lean towards Shepard only because he has experience in the system. (Played last year but had a bad game and was cut) To be honest though, if Adams is out, I see them going run heavy and a lot of play action with TE's. 

Thanks, I really don’t have many options. Just going to hope Adams plays 

1 minute ago, WSR said:

I think they're going to do this and eat up a lot of clock

[...] really glad to know this early.

That being said, I'm not upset with GB's decision - give him a full 3 weeks (including the BYE next week) to be back to 100%. I'd much rather have a healthy Adams ROS than a chance for re-injury tonight.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Anyone that's panicking for a replacement and plays in a deep league where everyone else is basically picked up for tonight's games, Darrius Shepherd can be an emergency plan that might work out. He'll be their WR2 tonight in a great matchup.

• Like 1

With Lazard now out for likely half the season, they gotta make sure Davante is no doubt 100% moving forward. Can't afford to have him re-aggravate the hamstring and miss even more time. If this was a playoff game, he probably is playing though. Sucks, but I get it with their bye week starting tomorrow

• Like 1

... all those "ZOMG!!1!11!111! HE'LL PLAY THEY NEED HIM SAYING THEY NEED TO REST HIM WHY DON'T THEY JUST REST HIM FOREVER THEN WHY WOULD HE EVER PLAY AGAIN??!11!1!111!1!?"  takes sure aged well 🤔

saw the same thing in his 2019 thread ... ridiculous. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kwelch said:

So who starts now? Is it Valdez-Scantling and Darrius Shepherd?

Correct. You'll probably see a lot from Tonyan at TE too, along with maybe a few extra plays where they line Aaron Jones or Irvin in the slot. I said it in my post above as well, but Shepherd might be a good sneaky play tonight if you're in a pinch. I still don't see MVS being the main guy to move the chains for them and I think Shepherd comes in right away to take that Adams/Lazard role of getting a decent amount of shorter targets.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, zert2 said:

Is he getting OUT label or not? What's the hold-up?

From what I've seen that came from Adams. The team hasn't officially said anything. So, you have to wait until the team actual designates him Out. Apparently though they've told him he isn't playing. I doubt they were happy about him tweeting about it.

30 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

From what I've seen that came from Adams. The team hasn't officially said anything. So, you have to wait until the team actual designates him Out. Apparently though they've told him he isn't playing. I doubt they were happy about him tweeting about it.

Maybe he talked em out of it lol

• Like 1