Tier 1

MT - expecting some regression but Payton doesn't beat around the bush with getting him short-mid range targets to move the chains

Adams - still unguardable off the snap and a TD magnet for Rodgers. If he stays healthy I think he finishes #1 overall among WR with the most TDs

Hill - he fast

Tier 2

Hopkins - could have easily been in Tier 1 but gotta factor in the unknown. Murray is good but it's too early to say if he's going to be as good for Hop as Watson was

Godwin - he will absolutely feast in the slot with Brady making quick throws. Targets might be down but his efficiency should improve to make up for it.

Julio - still Julio last I checked but Ridley is bound to continue improving and soaking up some targets

Tier 3

Thielen - opportunity is too good to pass up with Diggs gone

Kupp - easily Goffs favorite target and an absolute monster early on last season. If they improve the line and the run game gets a pulse this year I think he remains a consistent WR1

Evans - the boom/bust WR of the Bucs but he should still see decent mid-range targets from Brady

OBJ - still supremely talented but the HC was in way over his head last season

Tier 4

Cooper - Still the best route runner on the Cowboys and Daks favorite target. His boom games are insane. Won't have to worry too much about double teams with Gallup and Lamb keeping secondaries honest.

Golladay - took a big step forward last year and I think he could become a bonafide superstar this year if Stafford stays healthy. Insane catch radius in the redzone.

AJ Brown - Definitely my biggest WR target this year. Willing to reach a round early if I have to. Only concern is the passing volume of this Derrick Henry show

Devante Parker - Finally appeared to fulfill his 1st round pedigree last season. Tua should be a boost and I expect the team to be throwing quite a bit.

That's all I got for now. Will update later I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Foles is the best QB Robinson has played with (sadly) and there were no changes to the Bears offense to suggest he wont be a target monster. Golladay produced without Stafford and good health from Stafford solidifies him as a top 5 WR for me.

Yeah, Robinson is someone that can rise up my rankings. Dude is a beast physically and one of the more underrated route runners in the NFL. Golladay i can't get behind that high. His stats were really similar with and without Stafford. Crazy inconsistent as well as a player to an extent that there's no way I put him in the top 5. Games of 2/17/0 amd 1/21/0 WITH Stafford. I'm still fairly high on Golladay but 5 is too rich for me. 

32 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I think he's more likely to disappoint than Godwin due to being the outside WR being matched up against #1 CBs. Less volume, Brady possibly falling off etc.

Fair enough was just curious. I'm not high on Evans either. Primarly because he has made his career off the deep ball and I simply don't believe Brady has a great deep ball anymore. 

33 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Sutton: More increased competition for targets and has a poor catch rate in his first 2 years (even worse with Lock)

Hilton: Healthy Parris Campbell plus addition of Pittman and Colts most likely to be a run first team

Green: He's 32 and barely been on the field last 2 seasons. Just more safer options.

Diggs: Probably better real life player and wont be targeted like a #1 WR with Beasley and Brown there.

AJ Brown: Dont think he receives enough volume to offset the regression in efficiency (him and Tannehill). Will be targeted by opposing defenses.

Sutton: Golladay had a worse catch rate than Sutton. So i don't see how that is a fair justification. Allen Robinson had awful catch rate in Jacksonville. Mike Evans has a worse catch rate as well. Big deep threat WRs tend to have lower catch rates.

Hilton: Still way more talented than those guys. A healthy Hilton is a lock for 1,000+ yards and WR2 production. Rivers is a good fanntasy QB as well.

Green: Fair enough but 29 is still crazy low. I rather take the risk on Green than like Deebo or McLaurin any day fir example

Diggs: Again, fair enough but 30 is crazy low. Diggs is also a good bet for WR2 production and Allen at least can throw it deep which Diggs does well at. 

AJ Brown: I don't see why being targeted by opposing defenses is always used as an argument. It's offset by being the only legit target on the team which leads to more work. Although Brown is somewhat of a risky pick. I love his upside though. 

11 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Hill - he fast

Julio - still Julio last I checked

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_2.28.46_PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Of course it's subjective.

With Cooper it isn't really question marks. We already know who he is. In his 4 seasons with above 1,000 yards he averaged 6.75 games per season under 50 yards (over 40%). That's just who he is. Also, I frankly think Dak last season had an anomaly of a season. He's more of a 3,800-4,200 and 22-25 type of guy to me than 5,000 and 30.

Why so low on Dak?

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_2.28.46_PM.png

I'm surprised I took the time to type out more than 3 words for each player to be honest. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Why so low on Dak?

2016 - 3,667/23

2017 - 3,324/22

2018 - 3,885/22

2019 - 4,902/30

Now, you can believe he made some massive jump but I doubt it. Seems more of an anomaly to me than anything.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

2016 - 3,667/23

2017 - 3,324/22

2018 - 3,885/22

2019 - 4,902/30

Now, you can believe he made some massive jump but I doubt it. Seems more of an anomaly to me than anything.

I see what you mean.  But he’s a maturing player now surrounded with talent at every position - and a more competent HC.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

2016 - 3,667/23

2017 - 3,324/22

2018 - 3,885/22

2019 - 4,902/30

Hes still only 26 and seems to be getting better. outside of a bad 2017. I like him to have another solid upcoming year. Especially with Lamb on board.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

TIER 1

1. Michael Thomas

TIER 2

2. Tyreek Hill

3. DeAndre Hopkins

4. Davante Adams

TIER 3

5. Julio Jones

6. Kenny Golladay

7. Chris Godwin

TIER 4

8. Mike Evans

9. Allen Robinson

10. Amari Cooper

11. Calvin Ridley

12. A.J. Brown

13. Odell Beckham Jr.

14. D.J. Moore

15. Courtland Sutton

16. D.K. Metcalf

17. Adam Thielen

18. DeVante Parker

19. JuJu Smith-Schuster

20. Cooper Kupp

21. Robert Woods

22. Stefon Diggs

23. Tyler Lockett

TIER 5

24. T.Y. Hilton

25. Keenan Allen

26. D.J. Chark

27. Terry McLaurin

28. Deebo Samuel

29. Jarvis Landry

30. A.J. Green

TIER 6

31+. Everyone Else. Time to look for upside.

My targets in the later rounds (in no particular order):

- Brandin Cooks

- Diontae Johnson

- Emmanuel Sanders

- Alshon Jeffery

- Mecole Hardman

- Jerry Jeudy

- CeeDee Lamb

- Jalen Reagor 

- Justin Jefferson

- Michael Pittman Jr.

- Tee Higgins 

- Laviska Shenault Jr.

- Antonio Gibson

- Antonio Brown

Edited by MrCantaloupe
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

TIER 4

18. DeVante Parker

TIER 5

25. Keenan Allen

The disrespecting of Keenan Allen continues...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

The disrespecting of Keenan Allen continues...

The hate may be going too far. Problem is, in Allen's last 13 games with Phillip Rivers (~550 attempts and 4,500 yards) he produced a line of 75 catches, 795 yards, and 3 TDs. Now he's losing Phil and gaining Tyrod Taylor (~450 attempts and 3,250 yards). I love Keenan Allen for what he's done for me in the past, but I'm terrified of the current situation. Anthony Lynn is a running backs coach by trade. He coached Tyrod Taylor as an assistant head coach in Buffalo and brought Taylor to LA to bridge the gap to Justin Herbert, and hopefully keep him off the HC hot seat. They are simply going to run the ball like crazy and hope their defense keeps them in games. Not good. Moreover, I am not impressed with Herbert. Regardless of how well Keenan Allen starts the year, the cloud of the inevitable Justin Herbert takeover will be looming and could harm Allen's fantasy trade value. This feels a lot like the JuJu situation last year and I want no part of it. Maybe he has a safe floor, but what's the upside here? 80 catches? 950 yards? Maybe a game or two over 100 yards and a few unpredictable TDs scattered across the year? No thank you. That's not winning me anything.

I'm skeptical of Parker for different reasons, but at least his upside intrigues me. If he starts the year well, the fantasy community will lose their concerns about him being a one-season wonder and his trade value will likely increase. Moreover, he is attached to a rookie QB that I and many other football fans are excited about. I can work with that.

Still, they remain very close in my rankings.

• Like 2

1. Michael Thomas

2. Tyreek Hill

3. Davante Adams

4. Deandre Hopkins

5. Julio Jones

6. Kenny Golladay

7. Chris Godwin

8. Amari Cooper

9. Allen Robinson

10. Cooper Kupp

11. AJ Brown

12. Mike Evans

13. Adam Thielen

14. Courtland Sutton

15. DJ Moore

16. Odell Beckham

17. Calvin Ridley

18. Robert Woods

19. TY Hilton

20. DeVante Parker

21. Juju Smith-Schuster

22. Keenan Allen

23. Stefon Diggs

24. Jarvis Landry

25. Tyler Boyd

26. Deebo Samuel

27. DJ Chark

28. Terry McLaurin

29. DK Metcalf

30. AJ Green

31. Will Fuller

32. Michael Gallup

33. Marvin Jones

34. Brandin Cooks

35. Tyler Lockett

36. Diontae Johnson

37. Christian Kirk

38. Marquise Brown

39. Emmanuel Sanders

40. Julian Edelman

• Like 2

Hmmm. Just off the top of my head.

1. Devante Adams 

2. Mr. cry’s on twitter all day

3. JJ

4. tyreek 

5. nuk

6. Adam thielen 

7. Obj

8. godwin

9. Evans (clearly hit harder by noodle arm Brady. Still the best wr on the team)

10. Dj moore

11. Golladay

12. Kupp

13. cooper

14. Sutton 

15. Juju (Both he and his qb are coming off injuries but projects as target hog)

16. Arob (assumes foles wins the job)

17. Robert woods

18. Keenan Allen 

* note this post is more so for myself so I can come back to it in August 

• Haha 1

Move Juju up, assuming Ben's health. 

Thielen will get peppered with targets. 

Hilton to get the Keenan treatment? I like the possibility there. 

OBJ somehow underrated, he's 27, had over 1,000 yards last year, RB-RB-OBJ is a solid start

Posted (edited)

Warning: mine will be different from the consensus in some aspects

T1

Michael Thomas--thought about making him his own tier

Tyreek Hill--Mahomes's number 1 WR...nuff said

T2

Davante Adams--only weapon in Green Bay still but he is more injury prone than people believe

Julio--endzone production looks to be less but no real signs of a decline yet

Godwin--Brady loves the crossing routes Godwin excels at

Golladay--WR6 with Stafford, even semi productive with UDFA QBs and now get Stafford back

T3

Hopkins--easy sell to me at his ADP; never like new team moves for a WR, especially when that new O Line is bad, and Hopkins, while great last year, from the eye test looked to be making more contested catches and getting less separation

DJ Moore--his forte is the short/intermediate game and Bridgewater loves those routes; getting slept on for sure: in redraft I will be going RB-RB-Golladay/Moore in all my leagues if possible

Allen Robinson--as others said, he is (sadly) getting his best QB yet and has posted WR1 seasons with Trubs and Bortles--incredible talent

OBJ--bottom of this tier for sure but I don't doubt the talent and can't see Baker being any worse than he was last year--would be more confident if they had brought in a creative offensive mind instead of an old ground and pound fart

T4

AJ Brown--Titans are not as run heavy as you remember from the playoffs-they were just playing from ahead; even the most run heavy teams can support one fantasy WR if he is good enough and Brown is

Evans--lower on him than most; never been much of a separation WR and needs a QB willing to throw downfield into tighter windows--Brady is not that

TY Hilton---Rivers is not what he was but he was not the problem with the Chargers and this season will prove that when the Chargers go 2-14 with Tyrod and that bum Herbert; Hilton is injury prone but I expect a WR2 at a discount when healthy

Thielen--he is like Juju in that he needs an equal or better WR on the outside because that is not his strength; throw in injury concerns and Dalvin Cook's role as a pass catcher on top of his volume as a runner and definitely a fade to me at current ADP

AJ Green--like TY with the injuries and productiveness but, despite a higher ceiling, has more target competition than a rookie Pittman in a year with shortened camps (though I like Pittman as a late flyer) with Boyd

T5

Sutton--the offense showed it could support two fantasy WRs early last year with Sutton and Sanders despite bad QB play, and Sutton showed his chops as the Broncos WR1 in the second half with Sanders gone; he is T4 if you believe in Lock to make a big leap (I just see a small one)

Amari Cooper--this is a guy I never draft for the inconsistency but this year especially so: could easily see a situation with 3 WR2s in Coop, Gallup and CD like the Rams at their peak; but still, there is volume and a proven QB (whatever you may think of him)

Calvin Ridley--still not sold on him as the future WR1 in Atlanta because I never saw him as that type of alpha since his Alabama days but he has a nose for the end zone and has shown he can beat CB2s--even if there is some inconsistency baked in with how much ATL uses tight ends

T6

Kupp--Goff and Mcvay love him near the end zone but he is a fade for me if his ADP is significantly above that of Woods because of the 2 TE sets the Rams had success with last year and how they match him up on the outside with CBs and expose him to man and press coverage--something he struggles with

Woods--nice target and always underrated due to lack of flash, but produced another quietly great season last year despite a low TD rate that is bound to normalize: a good 5th round target as a WR2

Parker--I won't ignore the end of last year but the body of work is just not there like it is for the rest of these guys, so I have to dock him. But with Fitz starting, I see no reason, this late breakout can't morph into him being one of the better WRs in the league

DK Metcalf--was dead wrong about him as a prospect; his route tree being limited means inconsistency and keeps him from fantasy WR1 status or from pushing out Lockett completely but he runs the routes he can run very well and the physical talent cannot be taught--all while having the skills to use that talent

Lockett--Wilson loves him too much to ever have him pushed out for DK, and the two are one of the most efficient QB-WR pairings of all time; he doesn't get the target volume you may idealize but don't doubt his floor

McLaurin--also a guy who will end up on a lot of my redraft teams but I should start by saying I think Haskins is trash; now with that said, I think the 30% target share (from a guy he played with in college) and the very real chance of Kyle Allen taking over (a guy who peppered DJM with targets last year) , not to mention the talent of great route running, burner speed and elite contested catch ability makes him a prime candidate for a 2019 DJ Moore type season even if it starts slow on a run first team

Diggs--not someone I will be drafting most likely: though I expect Allen to continue to improve as a passer (incrementally) Diggs is a player who has the footwork and route running skills to be Davante Adams and a top 5 fantasy WR, but falls due to laziness and inconsistency. Maybe the run heavy scheme in Minnesota is what was holding him back (though I expect Buffalo to be similarly run heavy) but I see him as a boom-bust WR2...again

Keenan Allen--talent wise he is over all T6 and T5 guys and most of T4. This ranking is purely a reflection of my opinion on the awful Chargers organization them putting a bum like Tyrod Taylor and drafting a garbage QB like Trashbert. Hopefully Allen gets away from them soon but I don't see this year as being a great one in fantasy for him. DND

T7

Chark--like McLaurin, he cooled off and showed some inconsistency last year; but unlike him, he had target competition added with major draft capital in Laviska--which dwindles some of the hope for consistency and fixes him into low WR2ish territory for me; and in general, just don't like the JAX organization as a fantasy situation and I have a hard time buying in considering how inconsistency followed Robinson in Jacksonville after his 2015 breakout or how other young Jaguar breakout WRs like Keelan Cole and Allen Hurns fizzled out (though Chark has more draft capital and talent than them and won't do the same)

Tyler Boyd--did way better as the number 1 last year than I expected with quite a few stud performances and now he returns to his natural position in the slot with AJG back (with whom he performs better, according to 2018 sample) and a QB in Burrow who is going to inject life into the whole offense and just demolished Oklahoma by going again and again to his slot WR in Justin Jefferson--Boyd is a great value IMO and reminds me of a young Keenan Allen with his separation and route running skills

T8

Brandin Cooks-getting majorly slept on this year like people have already forgotten he was a WR2 for four years in a row on different teams until the Rams collapsed last year with the O line sucking and not giving time for the deep routes to develop; he is a pain to own due to concussions but as Watson's number 1 I see a great value as a WR3

Juju Smith Schuster-WR61 in PPG in half PPR his first year without AB: yes, he has awful QB play, as did A-Rob with Trashbisky and Chase Daniel, Sutton with the corpse of Joe Flacco and UDFA Brandon Allen, Golladay for half the year with UDFA scrubs and DJ Moore with Kyle Allen and Will Grier. Yet only one of them finished below Taylor Gabriel and Chris Conley while the others managed to at least be decent FLEX plays if not solid WR2s. If you want to bet on a 38 year old QB off elbow surgery who looked awful for the games in 2019 he played coming back lifting this guy up to elite, sure be my guest. I will not be doing that. I see a WR3 and a guy who was outperformed by a third round rookie on his own team who didn't start until week 3-4 to the point that I sense a changing of the guard. And apparently the Steelers seem to agree seeing as they plan on letting him walk next year.

I know he has his truthers on this forum but I am sticking to it. Last year was inexcusable and I am not buying into him at all this year. People point to Hopkins's year with Brock as precedent while ignoring he still finished as WR27 that year. Juju was unrosterable, let alone startable, and his separation numbers didn't paint a very pretty picture either.

I am 100% out on him.

Michael Gallup-moved down post draft for sure but no point pretending he died because they took Lamb. Gallup is still a WR who put up 1000 yards in less than a full season in a high volume passing offense with a proven QB. With shortened camps, I doubt Lamb takes the WR2 job next year anyways, especially considering the tough adjustment from Big 12 zone looks to NFL press coverage. The pick definitely still lowers the ceiling on Gallup be he will make a nice value come draft day with it, as people are majorly sleeping on his talent even after a very efficient, impressive 1000 yard season at a pretty young age.

Deebo Samuel--he looked electric at the end of last year and did some serious damage against my Chiefs; but due to a run heavy offense and the amount of passing volume Kittle soaks up, I see a FLEX and a better real life player than a fantasy one. Still, I am not an Aiyuk believer and all rookie WRs will have a hard learning curve this year, so Deebo is a nice option for that FLEX spot in PPR if you don't like the RBs and a guy Shanahan will definitely scheme some touches for, but Kittle and the limited passing volume lowers the ceiling compared to past 2nd year breakouts seen in WRs.

Jarvis Landry--not much to say here: rock solid PPR FLEX/WR3 with WR2 potential for decent stretches, especially when OBJ gets hurt, and always cheap because he isn't flashy: can make for a nice value in that part of the draft where everyone is chasing upside

Diontae Johnson--looked like everything Juju was supposed to look like last year despite bad QB play, with electric ability in space, way better than expected route running/separation skills and elusiveness with strength after the catch (led the league in tackles broken), while apparently being very high on the Steelers draft board a year ago. His ADP is going to continue to rise, as it should, as more industry experts look into the tape from last season and see the incredible ceiling. Only reason he is lower in this tier is because the floor is admittedly low

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Someone listed Mike Evans as a "consistent" WR. The thread should have been locked at that post. 

Unless consistently scoring 40 points 1 week and 2 points the next, is what was meant by consistent. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Duckbutter said:

Someone listed Mike Evans as a "consistent" WR. The thread should have been locked at that post. 

Unless consistently scoring 40 points 1 week and 2 points the next, is what was meant by consistent. 

Conssitent season to season. A pain to own week to week though.

Hard to see that aspect improving with dink and dunk Brady

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Duckbutter said:

He scored 2 of fewer points once last season. His second worse game was week 1 when it was known he had the flu but was playing through it. After that he scored 9+ ppr points every week, which while isn’t great, is a solid floor. If you’re mad he has boom weeks we’re he scores 40 points and would rather him just score 10 every week to be consistent, well, that’s a little strange 

Posted (edited)

This probably belongs in the undervalued thread but I think Brandon Cooks has a great chance to be a rock sold WR2 and is being massively undervalued. 

He’s got a great QB and Fuller is always hurt. The Texans D is trending down, the run game is nothing special and there aren’t many other options for DW. Cooks has thrived every time he’s changed teams. 

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

This probably belongs in the undervalued thread but I think Brandon Cooks has a great chance to be a rock sold WR2 and is being massively undervalued. 

He’s got a great QB and Fuller is always hurt. The Texans D is trending down, the run game is nothing special and there aren’t many other options for DW. Cooks has thrived every time he’s changed teams. 

Yes. Thing I worry about is concussions. But he’s going so cheap it’s worth the flier.

10 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Agree, I believe I posted the numbers in the undervalued or somewhere but for 4 straight years he was a top 15 or better WR, before the Seattle game where he got a concussion last year he was on pace for 80-1200 or so and likely another finish in the top 15 ballpark. At his ADP a 7th-8th round pick won't kill you if you miss but he has round 4 or so upside which he's shown in 4 seperate seasons and in 4 games before the concussion last year.

15 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

2 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Agree, I believe I posted the numbers in the undervalued or somewhere but for 4 straight years he was a top 15 or better WR, before the Seattle game where he got a concussion last year he was on pace for 80-1200 or so and likely another finish in the top 15 ballpark. At his ADP a 7th-8th round pick won't kill you if you miss but he has round 4 or so upside which he's shown in 4 seperate seasons and in 4 games before the concussion last year.

Yeah early cost is cheap enough. Went in the 10th Rd of my latest BB, Fuller went in the 12th though too and I prefer him--esp in that format.

• Like 1

I do like what I see in the rankings. Golladay though I see as a Monster in waiting. Sutton is also a guy that this could be the year that he goes completely Freak Show. Guys definitely to watch and on the move up I believe are McLaurin and Hollywood Brown.