Boudewijn

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

Is Jalen Reagor the new DeSean Jackson? Is this a good Philly pick and an interesting Dynasty pick?

Brett Kollmann seems to think so, but I think there are some questions left that only Reagor can answer.

First of all, let's say that Reagor's profile is a bit different from Jackson: a bit heavier (20 lbs), possibly a bit slower than Jackson (depending on which time you believe), who had blazing speed out of college. DJax was also an All-American/All-Pac10 athlete - ok, given that the 2015 unanimous All-Americans were Corey Coleman and Josh Doctson, I guess that doesn't mean too much.

The point is however that Reagor has promise, but still quite a lot to prove. In 2019 his QB Max Duggan had the lowest completion of the Big12 (53%) despite also having the lowest yards per attempt, so whatever he did in college doesn't mean too much. He has everything to prove. Some people say he actually improved in 2019:

His route skills are great, but his hands are not perfect yet - in fact, he had a lot of drops, especially in 2019. Lost concentration because of the bad QB play, or a bad sign for the pros? In any case, in return yard leagues Reagor should be extra appealing; he had 20 yd per punt return and 2 TDs on 15 returns. 

He’s great, very underrated, maybe even elite for this class.  However, he has one of the worst, if not the worst starting QB in the NFL throwing to him.  

34 minutes ago, Strike Three said:

He’s great, very underrated, maybe even elite for this class.  However, he has one of the worst, if not the worst starting QB in the NFL throwing to him.  

Um what ??? 

1 hour ago, Strike Three said:

What team do you think drafted him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devaster said:

What team do you think drafted him?

For real, his QB + opportunity will net him the rookie WR1 title 

3 hours ago, Strike Three said:

[...] However, he has one of the worst, if not the worst starting QB in the NFL throwing to him.  

remember when rotoworld forums had this "confused" reaction. I really could use it here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)

He is another sleeper pick for me.  I was hoping to keep this quiet.

giphy.gif

Edited by Sivaro
  • Haha 1

He is an elite threat, with a superb QB , great coaching staff, and nothing between him and being the best target on the team.

My only issue is his size, but I see them working him in ASAP, and he will have a great rookie year, much like Metcalf, and Sutton last year.

Nothing standing in the way of him entering the WR1 conversation immediately.

• Like 2

If Alshon gets placed on the PUP to start the season I think the cat will be out of the bag for Reagor.  I'm very interested.

I think I might even be interested if Alshon avoids PUP.

Currently ranked at 131 in PPR and WR50s range.  The upside that he presents is very justifiable at this price for me.  

My biggest concern is that he seems like another DJax.  I find it unlikely they would have 2 vertical threats consistently on the field together.  

What is JJAW outsnaps him?

What do yall envision for the starting 3 WR formation on this team?

Do yall think Alshon gets cleared for the season?  If he does, Alshon at 165 ranking might be more appealing for me, although I know Lisfranc is generally a huge deal and he might be nothing more than a distraction.

Posted (edited)

I think Reagor will be a star in Philly. He was my favorite WR in the draft. He’s in a perfect situation and I think he finishes as a top 20ish WR as a rookie. Alshon can’t trust to stay healthy and may start on PUP and both him and DJax only getting older. DJax hasn’t had an impressive season in years. In dynasty’s Reagor is a goldmine 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

2 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

I think Reagor will be a star in Philly. He was my favorite WR in the draft. He’s in a perfect situation and I think he finishes as a top 20ish WR as a rookie. Alshon can’t trust to start healthy and both him and DJax only getting older. In dynasty’s Reagor is a goldmine 

That’s a bold take with regard to him being top 20 as a rookie. But, someone has to get the targets, lol. Part of me believes Ertz, Goedert, and Sanders will lead the team in targets. For the WRs, it depends on the health of DJax and Alshon. If Jackson stays healthy, I see him being the 2nd or 3rd option, but if Reager has to be Philly’s WR1, i think he’s no better than the 4th option. 

That said, I like Reager quite a bit and hope to land him in the mid-late rounds. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

That’s a bold take with regard to him being top 20 as a rookie. But, someone has to get the targets, lol. Part of me believes Ertz, Goedert, and Sanders will lead the team in targets. For the WRs, it depends on the health of DJax and Alshon. If Jackson stays healthy, I see him being the 2nd or 3rd option, but if Reager has to be Philly’s WR1, i think he’s no better than the 4th option. 

That said, I like Reager quite a bit and hope to land him in the mid-late rounds. 

Definitely bold. WR rookie track records says odds heavily against it but sometimes I think things just fall into place for a player to boom immediately. Part of my analysis is that I just don’t trust Alshon or DeSean to stay healthy or be very productive. I love Reagors skill set for the need in their offense and love the draft capital spent on him. 

Posted (edited)

He’s there with Ruggs for me as far as who’s capable of making a fantasy statement at WR this year - much more intrigued now that they’re preparing him at X and Z - he’s no longer just viewed as a D-Jax insurance policy.

Edited by BMcP

22 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He’s there with Ruggs for me as far as who’s capable of making a fantasy statement at WR this year - much more intrigued now that they’re preparing him at X and Z - he’s no longer just viewed as a D-Jax insurance policy.

Can he handle the X role though? 

I think so - it’s just a matter of opportunities and practice reps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I think so - it’s just a matter of opportunities and practice reps.

I think that's fair to an extent. 

Most scouts have him playing to his skillset in the pros coming out. Which is the DJax role. 

A good enough receiver can learn to do it all in time, just not sure if he can learn to get it done immediately. And as of today I still take DJax on the outside. 

Talk to me week 8 though assuming DJax has made it that far and I might be changing my tune though. 

As someone planning to draft D-Jax, I hope he lasts more than a week or two.  Reagor just seems like a good gamble.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BMcP said:

As someone planning to draft D-Jax, I hope he lasts more than a week or two.  Reagor just seems like a good gamble.

As someone planning to draft DJax, Reagor seems like a great handcuff

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:46 AM, rex_bulkhead said:

As someone planning to draft DJax, Reagor seems like a great handcuff

Why would you spend 11.7 for Jackson? He’s 33 not sure about anyone else but I’d rather play the rookie wr lotto than draft a bunch of safe picks.  I’m trying to build a championship team not “make it to the playoffs”.   Spend that 11th on something else, then grab Reagor at the end of the draft

This Kid will have the best year out of all the rookie WR’s this year. Book it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fyasko said:

Why would you spend 11.7 for Jackson? He’s 33 not sure about anyone else but I’d rather play the rookie wr lotto than draft a bunch of safe picks.  I’m trying to build a championship team not “make it to the playoffs”.   Spend that 11th on something else, then grab Reagor at the end of the draft

Jackson isn't a safe pick, he represents a lottery pick too.  We know you don't get floor with him, you get boom bust with week winning upside.  Drafting both of them may be more safe but that safe pick gets you Wentz potential #1 WR target. Getting a shot at an X WR going that late in an offense that has the upside of the Eagles is tough to pass

• Like 1