Rotoworld.com Forums

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry Rice Jalen Reagor J-E-R-R-Y J-A-L-E-N Both are wide receivers WR1SZN CONFIRMED!!!!!!

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lam

Yes I'm biased but in my defense I've been a big fan even before the draft process. I would put Reagor at the very top of my rookie potential impact rankings.  Opportunity wise he's set to be a s

1 minute ago, munygon2 said:

Looking like he’s going to play. Is his outlook better than the other rookie names getting traction like Edwards, Ruggs, etc? 

That's what I'm wondering. Reagor, Edwards, Shenault. Hard to decide which hype train to get on. Reagor has the better QB. 

• Like 1
Just now, vthokie3 said:

That's what I'm wondering. Reagor, Edwards, Shenault. Hard to decide which hype train to get on. Reagor has the better QB. 

I typically fade rookie WRs unless it is a really deep league or keeper. I'd probably say Edwards has the best shot. The Eagles will get healthy bodies back eventually, like Jeffrey. They also have Ertz and Goedert.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I typically fade rookie WRs unless it is a really deep league or keeper. I'd probably say Edwards has the best shot. The Eagles will get healthy bodies back eventually, like Jeffrey. They also have Ertz and Goedert.

That's true. Terry was a thing last year so you never know. It'll be interesting as this draft class was loaded at WR

9 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Looking like he’s going to play. Is his outlook better than the other rookie names getting traction like Edwards, Ruggs, etc? 

To me it depends a lot on how well we can reasonably expect a receiver to play with a (partially?) torn labrum. Is there a a doctor in the house?

Edited by EaglesRocker97
1 minute ago, munygon2 said:

Yes I'm biased but in my defense I've been a big fan even before the draft process. I would put Reagor at the very top of my rookie potential impact rankings. 

Opportunity wise he's set to be a starter for a team with a QB with an arm capable of maximizing his potential.  Yes the TEs are the stars of that offense but as far as the WRs Alshon is injured, Desean is great but not a volume receiver and...that's about it.  JJ Arcega Whiteside hasn't shown much and the rest of them are intriguing but less talented rookies.  

Skill wise Reagor is an absolute freak.  Don't let the 4.47 40 time fool you, he has unofficial times in the 4.2s and was clocked as either the top or second best top speed measured in college football last year.  But he's also far from a one trick pony.  In college he reportedly was able to squat 620, bench and clean 380.  He's a texas state long-jump champion.  He tied for second in the vertical leap at the combine.  Freak.  

So why didn't he do more in college?  There's no way to put all the blame on this but I think it's fair to say a big part of the reason is probably related to QB play.  TCU's QB was really bad. 

tl;dr, despite being the 4th WR off the board the combination of QB, scheme, opportunity and talent makes Reagor my favorite rookie WR this year for fantasy purposes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I dropped my handcuff in Edmonds for this cat. Let's see what he can do. If he falls flat on his face and Drake gets hurt, I'll be on suicide watch.

All rookies are a gamble. Especially receivers, and especially this year. But in certain leagues/situations yeah I like that trade off. Not a big handcuff guy but I also tend to be wrong a lot.

• Like 1

How does a player get misdiagnosed so badly?

Like at first the reports said he would miss an entire month...then it completely switches to the point where now he practices in full during the week and will play Week 1?

How does this happen? Is it gamesmanship from the Eagles?

3 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

How does a player get misdiagnosed so badly?

Like at first the reports said he would miss an entire month...then it completely switches to the point where now he practices in full during the week and will play Week 1?

How does this happen? Is it gamesmanship from the Eagles?

I was wondering that too. I’d rather play DJax if I had to choose between them

Reagor was the 4th WR off the board in the NFL draft and he has the best situation to succeed of all the rookie WRs. He could be due for big target output considering how well he compliments Wentz’s strengths and how little competition he has at the position. I’d take him over any other rookie WR with how everything stands right now 

• Like 1
On 9/10/2020 at 1:43 PM, vthokie3 said:

Carr is low key good. Most underrated QB in the league.

11 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Reagor was the 4th WR off the board in the NFL draft and he has the best situation to succeed of all the rookie WRs. He could be due for big target output considering how well he compliments Wentz’s strengths and how little competition he has at the position. I’d take him over any other rookie WR with how everything stands right now 

Reagor could have a great year. Alshon out for several weeks, D Jax and Ertz ahead in pecking order for now. Will arcega whiteside ever be relevant? ward? Really hard to trust camp reports, but allegedly whiteside, a 2nd round pick, is gonna be more involved this year. Who knows... Could definitely see path to production, especially with Alshon out. But IMO there are some even easier ones.

I think the pair of rookie raiders both have enormous upside (edwards prob would have been a first round pick too, like Ruggs, but for the meniscus tear injury - which he seems to have recovered fully from). Aiyuk with an injured deebo and apparent connection (beat articles, smh, but I do think the kid's good) and Pittman alongside TY also have trememdous opportunity. Several rookie WR in good situations, just feel bad for the shenault, mims, etc. crowd in a bad situation.

Not trying to threads***, I like Reagor, I'm just not sure I like him more than some other rookie WR, but he's got a great opportunity too.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Reagor could have a great year. Alshon out for several weeks, D Jax and Ertz ahead in pecking order for now. Will arcega whiteside ever be relevant? ward? Really hard to trust camp reports, but allegedly whiteside, a 2nd round pick, is gonna be more involved this year. Who knows... Could definitely see path to production, especially with Alshon out. But IMO there are some even easier ones.

I think the pair of rookie raiders both have enormous upside (edwards prob would have been a first round pick too, like Ruggs, but for the meniscus tear injury - which he seems to have recovered fully from). Aiyuk with an injured deebo and apparent connection (beat articles, smh, but I do think the kid's good) and Pittman alongside TY also have trememdous opportunity. Several rookie WR in good situations, just feel bad for the shenault, mims, etc. crowd in a bad situation.

Not trying to threads***, I like Reagor, I'm just not sure I like him more than some other rookie WR, but he's got a great opportunity too.

Jackson is a low volume guy and one trick pony. I really see no resistance to great volume for Reagor. Edwards can be good but Carr has a noodle arm and they have 2 other WRs fighting for targets. Plus Raiders are one of the lowest passing teams in the league. 49ers are a really low passing team too. Aiyuk will have very low targets with how little they pass and having Samuels and Bourne. 

My projection on Reagor is largely based on how good Wentz is (great deep ball grade too) and how little competition he has at WR. Also, Eagles reached for Reagor BIG time in the draft, indicating they have big plans for him. 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Like 1

Reagor will definitely have his opportunities early due to lack of competition. However let’s be real here and temper expectations for all rookies given the lack of a normal offseason. If you’re deciding between a WR vet and a WR rookie, go with the vet every time until you have a legitimate reason not to.