Boudewijn

Jalen Reagor 2020 Outlook

39 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Reagor compares most closely to DJ Moore but faster. He certainly can take the top off a defense, but he’s strong for a WR and can make catches all over the field. He’s 206 pounds, so not strictly some 170-180 WR who can only run straight and fast but can’t move through contact. And Jackson’s 8 catches is probably the most catches (or in the top 3 games) Jackson has had in a single game in the last 3 years—making it an outlier. Jackson is 34, coming off major injury, with numbers that were sorely reducing. 

Not worried about Scott either lol. Reagor is the only WR on the team who can demand a strong target share. Every team has at least 1 WR who gets strong volume. 

Well In those last 3 years he was on a different team and hurt last year. We only have one game with wentz so I don’t know if we can call it an outlier (which is probably is) but due to so many changed variables I don’t think we can just say reagor is younger and new so he will surpass Jackson as wentz’s favorite WR target. He might be but I think we are counting our chickens before they hatch 

Edited by Stonej14

23 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Well In those last 3 years he was on a different team and hurt last year. We only have one game with wentz so I don’t know if we can call it an outlier (which is probably is) but due to so many changed variables I don’t think we can just say reagor is younger and new so he will surpass Jackson as wentz’s favorite WR target. He might be but I think we are counting our chickens before they hatch 

In the last 5 years Jackson has only once exceeded 50 catches and 770 yards, and that was 4 years ago when he had 56 catches for 1,000 yards. He’s now about to be 34, coming off a major injury, and only getting worse. I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’m writing off Jackson HARD. We’ll all see very soon though how it plays out 

• Like 1

Why are guys like Lamb, Jeudy, & Ruggs owned in so higher % in Yahoo leagues compared to Reagor? Is it because of his injury? Reagor is at like 23% owned where as the other three are like 80%. Are they supposed to be THAT much more highly touted?

Someone in my league drafted the first three where as I picked up both Reagor and Edwards as a FA/waiver. Maybe that explains it? lol

Edited by RoseLin23

4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Why are guys like Lamb, Jeudy, & Ruggs owned in so higher % in Yahoo leagues compared to Reagor? Is it because of his injury? Reagor is at like 23% owned where as the other three are like 80%. Are they supposed to be THAT much more highly touted?

Someone in my league drafted the first three where as I picked up both Reagor and Edwards as a FA/waiver. Maybe that explains it? lol

Because all 3 were drafted higher than Reagor?

Because Reagor will fight for target with Ertz, Goedert, DJax, Alshon (when healthy) miles sanders and Boston Scott?

Lamb is predicted to receive a lot of the vacated targets from cobb and witten and should be a redzone threat.

Jeudy has almost no competition for targets.

Ruggs and edwards also have no competition for targets.

This makes Reagor, initially, more boom or bust while the other guys have a more predictable role on offense 

And Reagor may be rushing back from injury, so a chance at re-aggrevation is real.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Because Reagor will fight for target with Ertz, Goedert, DJax, Alshon (when healthy) miles sanders and Boston Scott?

Lamb is predicted to receive a lot of the vacated targets from cobb and witten and should be a redzone threat.

This makes Reagor, initially, more boom or bust while the other guys have a more predictable role on offense 

And Reagor may be rushing back from injury, so a chance at re-aggrevation is real.

Waller doesnt exist anymore?

36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lamb and don't mention that he's fighting for targets with 3 better players than any on the Eagles in Cooper, Gallup, and Zeke. Certainly seems like you're just pushing a narrative that suits your opinion.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lamb and don't mention that he's fighting for targets with 3 better players than any on the Eagles in Cooper, Gallup, and Zeke. Certainly seems like you're just pushing a narrative that suits your opinion.

Yep, everybody has an opinion and that is mine.

Gallup and Amari were both hurt at different times last year and despite dallas having all those pieces you mentioned they have 160+ vacated targets from last year and they only added CeeDee Lamb.

If the Eagles had over 160 vacated targets from last year then I would be slightly more optimistic for Reagor than I already am. Add that to the fact that Reagor was hurt in college his senior year and hurt already in training camp (even though he returned quickly) I view him as slight more of an injury risk than I do CeeDee Lamb.

So, while I appreciate you questioning my post I hope this helps clear up any confusion you may have had as to why I listed all the relevant pass catchers on the eagles team and didn't spend as much time focusing on the cowboys who have no relevant TEs to speak of, 2 RBs that can catch but don't do it nearly as well as the eagles RBs and 2 receivers in coop and gallup that have some blowup games then either dissapear for stretches by playing road games or trying to play through injury.

I'd be happy to listen to your counter argument, if you have one...

56 minutes ago, devilfish said:

Waller doesnt exist anymore?

He sure does 

Dang, forgot about that, I guess Ruggs will have to fight with Waller all season for targets 👀

I'd rather fight Waller for targets than Ertz and Goedert.

37 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

CeeDee Lamb is a stud, but fighting for targets with two other great wideouts in Cooper + Gallup as you mentioned. Zeke will get some as well + Blake Jarwin a few looks. But he is on the best high powered offense compared to the other rookie WR's we're talking about. 

Jerry Jeudy is just primed to blow up rn, especially with Sutton nursing that injury. He should have a massive target share right out the gate. The only negative is having the best corner shadow him. So it's a give and take kinda , with Sutton not suiting up.

Edwards and Ruggs are both in great situations as well, I just lean Edwards way more often , simply because I'm not sold on David Carr and his deep ball. Edwards can be that big powerful possession receiver + RZ weapon. Ruggs is an absolute beast don't get me wrong, but I would like to see how they utilize him first. Will they line him up all over the field, or primarily use him as a burner. 

So many questions, not enough answers. 

I'm a big fan of Reagor, and I've already touched on that in this thread. Currently have him plugged in because of injuries, so just hoping for the best here.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He sure does 

Dang, forgot about that, I guess Ruggs will have to fight with Waller all season for targets 👀

I'd rather fight Waller for targets than Ertz and Goedert.

Ertz and Goedert fight each other for targets. Reagor's main competition will be DJax and Ertz , imo .

Ruggs main competition to me will be Edwards more than anyone. Waller and Renfrow (slot guy) will for sure get some looks.  But it's pretty obvious the aerial attack will be dominated by Ruggs + Edwards sooner rather than later. Both are studs

We could all be wrong .. or all be right. Doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other. 

• Like 2

Without the injury, which was reported to be serious, Reagor would have been drafted in range of those other rookies.  Now you got him at value. 

• Like 1

edwards and reagor are both on the waiver wire and i dont know who to pick

i have already jeudy

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

“You say Reagor has to fight for targets and list every single player on his team including an injured receiver, backup tight end and backup running back but then in the exact same post you mention Lamb and don't mention that he's fighting for targets with 3 better players than any on the Eagles in Cooper, Gallup, and Zeke. Certainly seems like you're just pushing a narrative that suits your opinion.”

It’s just my opinion but your player is a complement receiver, who won’t ever be a target hog. If you have a guy on the end of your bench that you can risk, I think you should consider adding Reagor’s teammate, Arcega-Whiteside. Possesses the physical attributes of a legit z-slot primary. Big honking frame & knows how to use it. He isn’t fast & won’t ever create much after the catch, but he does run good routes, great ball skills! He’s going to be a red-zone nightmare for Philly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

@BMcP What's so funny ? Care to enlighten us 

I’ll enlighten - just liked the David Carr reference - hadn’t thought about that dude in a while.

It’s all love brodie

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’ll enlighten - just liked the David Carr reference - hadn’t thought about that dude in a while.

It’s all love brodie

Ohh Jesus , LMAO ! I literally just noticed I said David instead of Derek.

My bad mate, apologies. 

But yes David Carr most definitely has a suspect deep ball 😂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ohh Jesus , LMAO ! I literally just noticed I said David instead of Derek.

My bad mate, apologies. 

But yes David Carr most definitely has a suspect deep ball 😂 

Yeah, it's Derek not david. Get it right next time, brotato chip. 😝

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 2

I really liked Raegor right up until his serious shoulder injury. Series shoulder injuries seem like a bad thing for a WR. as far as competition for targets he's going against the same WR group that was an open joke in the NFL last season. DJax won't last more than 3 or 4 games. Alshon still isn't done being injured from LAST season. When he eventually does come back he'll play half a game and get re-injured and miss another 6 weeks. If/when he can play, if he knows the system he will have NO issues with target competition from this group of WRs. 

• Like 1

Is it possible the eagles put Alshon on IR for his foot if Reagor balls out and they need to fill some other spots on the roster. I mean there were rumors a few weeks ago they were trying to trade the guy but couldn't find any suitors (obviously)

1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

It’s just my opinion but your player is a complement receiver, who won’t ever be a target hog. If you have a guy on the end of your bench that you can risk, I think you should consider adding Reagor’s teammate, Arcega-Whiteside. Possesses the physical attributes of a legit z-slot primary. Big honking frame & knows how to use it. He isn’t fast & won’t ever create much after the catch, but he does run good routes, great ball skills! He’s going to be a red-zone nightmare for Philly. 

He had a 32.6% target share in 2018 when he actually had a decent QB.  That’s pretty high. Last years numbers were off, but it’s been touched on in this thread as to why. 

Glad he got that 1 catch but mannnn...he’s going to need a lot more than that to stay in the lineup.

Just now, munygon2 said:

Glad he got that 1 catch but mannnn...he’s going to need a lot more than that to stay in the lineup.

Ha agreed - figured he would at least get a few catches but just saw he got 4 targets. Hopefully things turn around

6 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

He was 4 targets which is good. Wentz got gobbled up on the line, he needs more time to throw accurate bombs to DJax & Reagor. Reagor beat his guy plenty of times tho. Gonna hold for now and see how it goes

Edited by yung_fetty

Not sure he is worth a hold considering waivers this week and the season-long upside. That was really bad from a Wentz standpoint, and 4 targets aren't going to cut it. I know it's week 1, but I gotta start thinking of who is just above replacement level to drop.