Boudewijn

Tyreek Hill 2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I mean you can pick who you want and it’s your opinion and all but taking a guy like Sanders or Drake over someone like Julio or Godwin is just absolutely insane. 

Idk if it is insane but it is certainly risky.

In the last 3 years 5 to 7 RBs Out score the wr2 in half PPR. If you can get aback like drake or Jacobs or helaire, sanders (if it’s not a committee) you have a back in a great situation who can catch the ball and has a chance to make the top 5-7RB list. 

guys like Julio and Godwin are top 5 wrs for sure but they’re probably not going to be the WR1. Thus they will likely be out score by atleast 5-7 RBs. It’s risky to gamble on drake or Jacobs or sanders cuss they haven’t done it for a full season but their situations are great and they can catch. It’s risky but I love this approach. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

🤣
Question Cleats, do you get notifcations on your phone when King Hendry is mentioned

😆😆😆    🤣      😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

More like I can sense it.

Hill would be my 2nd receiver off the board behind Thomas.

That really didn't directly answer his question, now did it?  🧐

BURLESON: “Tyreek Hill. It’s a little bit of a twist. I just feel like he is the most dangerous. And it also has to do with his quarterback (Patrick Mahomes). I can say, Julio (Jones), of course when Antonio (Brown) was playing, Mike Thomas is a phenomenal talent. But I mean, dangerous though? Tyreek Hill is a freak of nature. Mike Thomas and Julio will forever be consistently in the conversation, but as far as dangerous, I’m going with Tyreek Hill.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2020/6/8/21284562/nate-burleson-names-chief-for-nfls-best-wide-receiver

Burleson is ****, put some respect on Adams' name.  Tons of top corners say Adams is the best route runner and one of the hardest to guard in the league.

Having said that, I have pick 8/12 and if Tyreek is there, I am going to take him.  If he goes at #7 before me, then it's Adams or Henry for me.  If I get Tyreek I don't love the RBs coming back down to me, but it'd probably be too hard to pass up a stud playmaker catching balls from Mahomes in that offense.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

Burleson is ****, put some respect on Adams' name.  Tons of top corners say Adams is the best route runner and one of the hardest to guard in the league.

Having said that, I have pick 8/12 and if Tyreek is there, I am going to take him.  If he goes at #7 before me, then it's Adams or Henry for me.  If I get Tyreek I don't love the RBs coming back down to me, but it'd probably be too hard to pass up a stud playmaker catching balls from Mahomes in that offense.  

Why is Davante Adams coming up? He also didn't mention DeAndre Hopkins and other very good WR's

3 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

Why is Davante Adams coming up? He also didn't mention DeAndre Hopkins and other very good WR's

Just stanning for my guy cuz Burlseson sucks, he mentioned 4 top WRs but not Adams, and cuz Adams is always the one left of those lists despite what I mentioned above, always getting high praise from top CBs.

2 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

Just stanning for my guy cuz Burlseson sucks, he mentioned 4 top WRs but not Adams, and cuz Adams is always the one left of those lists despite what I mentioned above, always getting high praise from top CBs.

.The question wasn’t even who’s the best but who’s the most dangerous. They can have completely different meanings. He also didn’t include guys like Hopkins, Green, Godwin, Evans, and others.

Just funny to me how you got so offended and attack a dude for not mentioning Adams. It’s not like he left him off a list or anything. 

On 6/9/2020 at 5:23 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Should be the 2nd wr off of the board after #cantguardmike

I disagree because of his inconsistency week-to-week. In 2018, eight of his 16 games failed to reach double-digits in half PPR, including twice in fantasy playoff games. In 2019, six of his 12 games failed to reach double-digits in half PPR, including twice in fantasy playoff games. I want more consistency than that from the 2nd WR off the board, but that’s me. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, Flyman75 said:

I disagree because of his inconsistency week-to-week. In 2018, eight of his 16 games failed to reach double-digits in half PPR, including twice in fantasy playoff games. In 2019, six of his 12 games failed to reach double-digits in half PPR, including twice in fantasy playoff games. I want more consistency than that from the 2nd WR off the board, but that’s me. 

On ESPN unless I'm reading it wrong, he played 11 games including week 1 where he was injured (right?).  He missed weeks 2.3.4 and 5 and appears to have missed Week 11 from injury.  So from the 11 games he played fully, he had 3 games under 10 in .5 PPR.

I feel like I felt the same as you above going into last year, didn't draft him, and then while watching games felt that he was more than just a bomb threat and was routinely catching several balls per game.  I have #8 and am taking him if he's there.

Edit: Weeks, I believe, 7, 8 and 9 were playing without Mahomes.  Something to consider.

Edited by Mustangt125

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

On ESPN unless I'm reading it wrong, he played 11 games including week 1 where he was injured (right?).  He missed weeks 2.3.4 and 5 and appears to have missed Week 11 from injury.  So from the 11 games he played fully, he had 3 games under 10 in .5 PPR.

I feel like I felt the same as you above going into last year, didn't draft him, and then while watching games felt that he was more than just a bomb threat and was routinely catching several balls per game.  I have #8 and am taking him if he's there.

Edit: Weeks, I believe, 7, 8 and 9 were playing without Mahomes.  Something to consider.

He's been inconsistent with and without Mahomes, so that really isn't something I consider. 

He played 12 games...week 1, missed weeks 2-5, played weeks 6-17. He received 2 targets on week 11. Whether that was due to injury or not, I'm not sure. Even if it was, he's still just too inconsistent, and I'd rather take a chance on a RB at the 1.08, or a different WR. 

Take away week 1 and week 11. Over the other 10 games, he produced 56-844-7, which is a 16 game pace of 90-1350-11, which is pretty darn nice. My problem is the peaks and valleys would drive me nuts. In weeks 9-10, he produced 17-297-2...that's 30% of his receptions, 35% of his yards, and 29% of his TDs. In the other 8 games (again, excluding weeks 1 and 11), he produced 39-547-5. In half PPR, that means 1/3 of his point production came in those two games. In fact, if you want to expand it and add weeks 2, 5 (combined 10-147-4) to weeks 9, 10...that would mean 57.5% of his 2019 production came in four games. 

In half PPR in 2018, 58% of his point production came in five weeks (1, 6, 10, 11, 13). 

For me, the peak-valley nature of Hill is just not what I want in a 1st rd pick, especially when there are more valleys than peaks. He's a very dangerous WR and would be extremely fun to own during the mountains. But you have to be willing to accept his inconsistency, and I'm not just willing to invest a 1st rd pick in him until I see consistency from him. 

Until then, I'll just hope I don't play him on a "peak" Sunday, LOL. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He's been inconsistent with and without Mahomes, so that really isn't something I consider. 

He played 12 games...week 1, missed weeks 2-5, played weeks 6-17. He received 2 targets on week 11. Whether that was due to injury or not, I'm not sure. Even if it was, he's still just too inconsistent, and I'd rather take a chance on a RB at the 1.08, or a different WR. 

Take away week 1 and week 11. Over the other 10 games, he produced 56-844-7, which is a 16 game pace of 90-1350-11, which is pretty darn nice. My problem is the peaks and valleys would drive me nuts. In weeks 9-10, he produced 17-297-2...that's 30% of his receptions, 35% of his yards, and 29% of his TDs. In the other 8 games (again, excluding weeks 1 and 11), he produced 39-547-5. In half PPR, that means 1/3 of his point production came in those two games. In fact, if you want to expand it and add weeks 2, 5 (combined 10-147-4) to weeks 9, 10...that would mean 57.5% of his 2019 production came in four games. 

In half PPR in 2018, 58% of his point production came in five weeks (1, 6, 10, 11, 13). 

For me, the peak-valley nature of Hill is just not what I want in a 1st rd pick, especially when there are more valleys than peaks. He's a very dangerous WR and would be extremely fun to own during the mountains. But you have to be willing to accept his inconsistency, and I'm not just willing to invest a 1st rd pick in him until I see consistency from him. 

Until then, I'll just hope I don't play him on a "peak" Sunday, LOL. 

Agree.   In the 12 games he played, he finished outside the top 36 in half of them.  

Hamstring injury for a guy that is so dependent on speed and explosiveness?

Will have to monitor closely but yikes. Hamstring injuries may be the biggest mirage in football. When things look good the dude comes out for a few snaps and injures it again. If I was drafting in the next few days I’d honestly probably bump him like 2-3 spots at the position. 

Posted (edited)

Better hope he doesn't end up like will fuller. Kelce anywhere in the 2nd is a no brainier for me now

Edited by scheibler

Andy Reid "It's not a big tear or anything like that.'' Said he expects Hill back to practice in a few days

I don’t know how I should feel about this...

What’s the latest? Has he been back to practicing? Having trouble finding recent updates.

7 hours ago, urbank07 said:

What’s the latest? Has he been back to practicing? Having trouble finding recent updates.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-west/kansas-city-chiefs/tyreek-hill-injury-hamstring-kansas-city-chiefs-training-camp-nfl-season

the All-Pro wideout still isn’t ready to fully participate in practice.

Last week, Hill suffered a hamstring injury during one-on-one drills. The trainers looked at his leg after he pulled up short on a route. He hasn’t practiced for the team since suffering the injury

3 hours ago, BarkleysCleats said:

Thanks god he’s going to be good to go at the start of the season 

Is he? I'm not sure yet, it seems that today he's clearly not ready yet and hammy injuries need plenty of time or they're bound to return.

59 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Is he? I'm not sure yet, it seems that today he's clearly not ready yet and hammy injuries need plenty of time or they're bound to return.

(in case of Emergency, Break Glass)

MEEEE-coal, MEEEEEEEE-coal

MEEEEEEEEECOAL!!!1!

Saaaaaved by the td. Only 5 targets, not so encouraging. He will have better days, week winning days. But a forced target, he is not.